Hybrid View

Testing pressure fryers

Yellow all,
    Been repairing alot of pressure fryers lately, (henny penny, bki). For testing, does anyone use any kind of cheap product to throw in there to develop some pressure instead of going out and buying frozen chicken wings to test with? Thanks!

what are you testing for? you can hear the gate valve open and close. you can stick a long wire through the dead weight holes to see if they are clear.

if you are checking cooking times, that is all in the processor/controller.

Jim

Hello
    The best way to test a piece of equipment such as this is under actual conditions if you can. I want to put product in it, seal the lid and set the controller for say 12 mintues. I want to see if the pressure builds up and stays in the green like it is supposed to. Once timed out, solonoid valve opensliek it should.

The customer should be supplying the chicken or you should be charging them for any test product

I have never found it necessary to cook, to make sure the fryer is operating properly, so I guess you could fix it and have the customer cook, they, may however not like the extra cost to test if the test fails, and you will make less money if you buy product to cook for testing.

If all the systems are clean, working, the gaskets seal, if its electric you can run it to heat up and check the amps on each element, if gas hook up the mano meter and check the gas pressure while burner running.
    If all the systems check then the fryer will cook properly.

Jim

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by james122964 View Post
    I have never found it necessary to cook, to make sure the fryer is operating properly, so I guess you could fix it and have the customer cook, they, may however not like the extra cost to test if the test fails, and you will make less money if you buy product to cook for testing.

If all the systems are clean, working, the gaskets seal, if its electric you can run it to heat up and check the amps on each element, if gas hook up the mano meter and check the gas pressure while burner running.
    If all the systems check then the fryer will cook properly.

Jim
    I always test product in a pressure fryer and always use stores product and except for Mom and Pop stores they expect to supply product and expect you to test the fryers. Mom and Pop get an explanation of precadure and are told they don't get a guarantee without product tests