+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool pic I thought you guys might like.

Post Likes
    This is from a house that was being renovated last year. I work a real lot with a particular plumber and I have to say, he is the best I have ever seen. Every sub should be as profesional and knowledgable as him. And his work is mind blowing. This one isn't finished, but I happened to have a camera with me. You guys might have seen this stuff on TV.
    That, and I have never posted a pic before and wanted to try it out !!

I hope the pic showed up !!

Hey, what do ya know...it worked !!!

[Edited by brian in mass on 11-14-2004 at 09:07 PM]

Post Likes
    Wow.. NIce job he did.. Did he do the walls like that or the home owner?

Post Likes

wall

He builds that wall on every job he does. He paints every wall to match the boiler too. I wish I had some other pics of his work, I know you guys would appreciate them.

Post Likes
    I must say, that guy sure did a good job!

Does he charge extra to paint the walls for the home owner, or is that part of the "package"?

Must be a good sized home with two boilers, and a pretty good size tank there.

Post Likes
    I just can't get used to seeing these beautiful mansions just built and seeing O I L burners in them!!!!! Around here, oil is only used in dumps out in the boonies

Post Likes

OIL

ha ha ha ha It must be funny to see then. We have a good mix of all kinds of fuels out here.

He has that wall on every job. He uses all Rigid pro-press and pex tubbing. Every one of his jobs looks beautiful. It's amazing to see it all when it's done. I've had home owners say that they can't wait till the house is finished so they can bring their friends down to the mechanical room !!!

I'll see if I can remmember to grab a camera and snap some more photos.

Post Likes
    So Brain... to start with... this installer is a craftperson in his own trade. Do you know much about the paint he uses on the walls? Is it just over drywall? (sheet rock, it think you refer it to) can you ask him?

I'd like to look into that.

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes

ricm

He is that. I can't say enough about his work.

It is actually a normal wall..studs and plywood. I see him paint them all the time. It isn't any fancy paint...just matches real nice.

I work with them on almost every job I do....except for the small filler jobs. Not only is his heating work nice in the mech room, but you should see the nice job he does on his plumbing.

When it's all said and done, it is a work of art that keeps you warm !

His dad was involved with the first Viessman that came over, and they have been installing them ever since. I just missed meeting his dad, he passed away just before I started working here. From what I hear, he was a heating genius. He used to get flown over to Germany to teach the reps about their own products ! Once in a while, on the really nice houses, a couple of big wigs will fly over from Germany to take pictures of his work. It's kinda funny, they come in all goofy and shaking everyones hands, can't understand a word they say. But from what I understand, I think they use the pics for their catalogs and broshures. Maybe just in Germany though....I'm not sure.

I guess in Germany, Veismann is sort of a status symbol. People install them right in their living room as a center piece !!

Post Likes
    Veissmann is quality equipment. I'm not surprised they (the people that flew over from Germany to take pictures of his work) tag with this installer. Same quality as coolH20... check out his posts... international acclaim comes from being top dog in your industry... rattle the cages of the big money so well that they take notice. But still maintain the 'awwww shucks... t'weren't nuthin' kind of approach.

Post Likes

pics

I love looking at pictures of work. I wish this part of the site was bigger ! How would I go about looking at someone's post like that ? Is that some kind of search or something ? I am computer literate, but I really don't know alot about that stuff on sites....I usually just go and talk and post.

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I love to make mt work picture perfest too........but that is extreme!

It is great that the man gets his price for the high quality work he performs.

Post Likes

Re: pics

Originally posted by brian in mass
    How would I go about looking at someone's post like that ? Is that some kind of search or something ?
    At the top of the page (in the blue stripe) there's a search button. On that search page there's a box where you can fill in a usersname, then click search.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Nice !

I have actually seen those before. Looks like great work to me. But that stuff is way over my head.

I don't get into too much comercial stuff, and if I do, it's light.

Post Likes
    Over my head too... but I see what's happening, and would do the same if I was in that world.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

That Plumber has great pride!

Post Likes

Here's my favorite

Post Likes
    THat looks like some pretty good work.

Post Likes
    That looks like Jeff work..aka Heatboy.I'm allways inspired
    by Jeff work.

Post Likes

Good eye - that would

be Jeff's work!

...and yes it's inspirational!

rb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in