Thread: Trane XL 16i - Problem with Heating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Trane XL 16i - Problem with Heating

I have a Trane heat pump system XL 16i, outdoor model# 4TWZX6036B1000AA indoor model# 4TEE3F37B1000AA controlled with Honeywell VisionPro IAQ (YTH94Z1C1002) thermostat. The backup is electric strips.

I've had the system since 2007 and it's worked pretty well so far. However, today, I noticed a strange thing: the heat pump has been running all morning (from about 6:00am and it's about noon now), yet the temperature dropped from 69 to 66F. The thermostat is set to 70F and outside temperature currently is fairly mild 53F.
    In the past, I experienced the situation where the heat pump couldn't keep the set temperature by itself but never when it was in the 50's outside. (the last time it happened the outside temps. was definitely below 30F).

I figured that maybe the filters were too dirty (although I clean them regularly and they didn't need to be cleaned yet per the indicator) so I cleaned them about 2 hours ago. That didn't make any difference - the heat pump keeps on running and the temp. sits at 66F.

Does anyone have an idea about what the problem may be?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Not much we can suggest without seeing it. SHUT IT OFF to avoid damage to it and call a tech.

Post Likes
    Whens the last time you had the unit serviced? It may just need to be serviced.

Post Likes

that stat will overcool to dehumidify by 3 degrees

what is your humidity setpoint at

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    that stat will overcool to dehumidify by 3 degrees

what is your humidity setpoint at

With it set to heat mode, or even in auto mode. It won't over cool to dehumidify. In auto, the last call has to have been for cooling for it to do a dehumidify call.

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    With it set to heat mode, or even in auto mode. It won't over cool to dehumidify. In auto, the last call has to have been for cooling for it to do a dehumidify call.
    thought he was in cooling mode, my bad, i did not pay atention

yes, he needs to tech

Post Likes

Professional Service

I agree, call a technician. The system may not be activating the second stage for a number of reasons.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in