Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mri chillers

Clyde:

Hey, I'm way over in Maryland, not too far from Carel in PA. I have a PCO2 controller here ... always been fascinated by the heavy I/O count they can get on these controllers for the money. Carel still has an OEM mentality since that's where they make their money - I've found their software packages to be OEM mentality as well. I like their controllers, just never had the right opportunity to use them. I worked for a company that private labeled PCO2's for a while, but the guys that were trained in programming Carel made it difficult to make any real progress with the product for applications other than the Hussmann racs, since they were used to fill-in-the-blank programming on their other refrig control products.

I don't know the make of the MRI or chillers yet, as they have made these requests over the phone and the saleman I've been dealing with has not been very resourceful on his own. All he has told me so far is that Philips services the chillers presently. They have turned the oppty over to another salesman, I just found out, so perhaps he will gather the information with a bit more earnest. This is for 200 MRI facilities throughout the southeastern U.S., so there is a good chance of running into multiple brands of MRI's and chillers???

Are you using Carel for any other applications?

I would like to call and discuss .... can you be reached tomorrow?

Thanks,

E

Call me tomorrow, the number I gave you is my cell #.

Clyde

E,

Never heard from you, did you get your system figured out?

I would still like to talk to you about this job, I am may be able to give you some insight on these chillers. I wouldn't mind picking your brain about some control stuff as well.

760-535-8798 cell
    760-489-9920 office- not there much until next week.

Clyde

Dont down the liebert.

Liebert chillers work very well if you get the write person to put them in. Liebert units cant just be put in by anybody, like a res unit.

Liebert chillers is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I haven't worked on any, but the mobil MRI unit at the Orthopedist's office I went to a while back has liquid helium as the primary coolant for the MRI magnets and liquid nitrogen to keep the helium in a liquid state. There's a secondary R22 chilled water system for cooling the cabinet frame and facings and then a package DX A/C to cool the space......all in a 40 ft semi-trailer out back.

[Edited by icemeister on 11-14-2004 at 05:42 PM]
    I've worked on those before, I usually hide if I know the call is coming in.

MRI and Medical Chillers

The list of MRI chillers bellow is pretty good, but try American Chillers. They have many years of experience with MRI's and great tech support for contractors. Ask for Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by firewod View Post
    looking for info on chillers for mri scanners, may have job with mfg. have exp. with everything from 1/4hp to racks but never worked on mri chillers/any info thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by selfemployed View Post
    To many rads for your nads is not good.
    definitely the Quote of the week!!!!!!!!!!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Resurrection

The 9 year old thread resurrected ... still good reading! Have a Great Saturday everyone :-)

"To many rads for your nads is not good."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    definitely the Quote of the week!!!!!!!!!!
    Could be your new sig line Mikey.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

95% of my jobs are MR. Its a great field if you have a complete understanding of what goes on beyond the chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by pherman View Post
    "To many rads for your nads is not good."

Could be your new sig line Mikey.
    I kinda dig the Big-Brother one haha
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

I dunno, my nads got rads for years, and I still had a couple kids afterwards...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12