Hello Baltimore!

Hybrid View

Hello Baltimore!

The Comfortech crew has landed in Charm City and the makings of a spectacular HVACR Week are well under way. The show floor is buzzing with exhibitors building their booths, and the folks at the registration booth are preparing for what could be a record breaking walk-up crowd. Remember walk-up registration opens tomorrow 9/22 at 9 a.m. Check back to this thread throughout the show for updates and photos.

Here are a few pics of the set up:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

It's Wednesday afternoon and Comfortech is in full swing. We've already had two Comfortech seminar sessions and are getting ready for a third. Contractors took notes and asked lots of questions in Tom Peric's session 'Get free airtime and publicity without getting up from the couch,' where Tom talked about the secret to getting yourself on a talk radio show.

Vicki and John LaPlant spoke to a full room and gave tips on how to analyze financial statements. Linda Couch from Parrish Services spoke to a standing room only crowd about how to improve your field technicians' performance.

Stay tuned for more updates and photos!
    Last edited by Miss Kate; 09-22-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Posted too soon.

I've never heard of Baltimore being called "Charm City!" One of my old stomping grounds and wish I could be there.

Hope you take lots more pictures for those of us that won't be there.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Remind HeyBob to pick me up a shirt please...XL
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Day 2

Well it's not even 9am and we already have 7 sessions underway at HVACR Week. Industry legends like Matt Michel, Jim Davis, and Gary Upton are busy leading Comfortech Seminar sessions and the first EGB and Commercial HVACR Symposium sessions are taking place now. If you're not here, you're missing out! 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team captain speaks next. I promise to post pics later today!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Remind HeyBob to pick me up a shirt please...XL
    Will do! Haven't seen Hey Bob yet..looking forward too seeing all the htalk guys!

Just wondering. In my few experiences with the Administrators of this sight they are, well, pretty ugly and typically the size of battleships. I figured the convention was being held near the Baltimore Harbor so they could berth themselves cause some are so big they need running lights from the Coast Guard.

So you must be the rose among the thorns, right?

Just wondering.............
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Just wondering. In my few experiences with the Administrators of this sight they are, well, pretty ugly and typically the size of battleships. I figured the convention was being held near the Baltimore Harbor so they could berth themselves cause some are so big they need running lights from the Coast Guard.

Ouch! I wouldn't call them thorns! We love the H-talk guys no matter what shape or size...speaking of H-talk guys, here are a few pics from the show today. See if you can find anyone you know!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

ill be there tomorrow EARLY......

30+ Fresh comfortech material

Brought the Thaddeus Stevens College HVACR program students down today. Really a great day. Thanks for the warm welcome you all gave the students. There were many good comments on the bus back home. All of them were impressed with what they saw.

Thank You so much. Every program ought to do this for their students.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

The fun continues...

Thursday was an action packed day full of seminar sessions and the product showcase was open for the first time. Contractors packed the show hall and got to see the latest innovations and technology that the HVAC industry has to offer.

The HVAC-Talk moderators not only welcomed exsisting members, but signed up several new members to the htalk community.

There was a special treat for contractors that came to the opening session. Mike Eruzione, an American sports legend and Captain of the 1980 U.S. Olympic 'Miracle on Ice' hockey team, shared his story of doing the impossible...defeating the Soviet Union to win the gold medal. Mike's tale of how team work and hard work paid off in the end was one that everyone in the room was able to relate to.

The day was capped off with a night out at the Baltimore science center. Contractors enjoyed delicious food, science exhibits, a roof top cigar bar, and a few adult beverages. A great time was had by all that attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    Well, just go look in a wide mirror and look at the pictures shown above............................................. ...............

Me thinks they speak for themselves...........