Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by genduct View Post
    A million dollar experience I wouldn't give 2 cents to repeat (OOPS! shouldn't say that or another volley will follow the last one Artillary jokes are pretty lame)

No Pissing contest, but The cost of wrapping it is almost equal to a new board system. And with wrap, it is almost impossible to maintain the vapor barrier with hangers sticking through it.

Wish you could be converted, because it's guys like you who would do it right if you were given the right info. I think your past life may suggest you are trainable.
    You just need some more basic training is all.
    Drop and give me 20 for not agreeing!
    I'll go easy on you because you too are probably out of shape as well
    That's funny. I'm one that can't be converted. If they had a media that held the r ablities and sealing capabilities without the fiberglass that can be broken down, perhaps. But, when it comes to a media that can be broken down with airflow, I can't do it. FRP comes close, but really not cost effective and is a huge PITA to work with, and truly is the wrong media for home applications.
    For the record, I'm still in shape. Can still do 20, and could probably whip out over 100 sit ups in 2 minutes (personal best was 140 in 2 minutes). I have 4 daughters brother. I have to stay in shape to keep up with them.
    Jim

A Marine that says CAN'T. Unheard of!
    Went into basic 6-1 195# taking bites out of telephone poles. Not only working with the tools but also a rower/oarsman from a Philly Rowing Club. DIs and PT was just a nuisance. They figured out pretty quick that my attitude was OK just the way it was and put their attention on others. Actually wound up the trainee field first for the training company after 2 weeks. Like I said a million dollar experience, That was 70 lbs ago Should never have stopped rowing. I guess our 4 boys weren't as demanding as your girls.
    Keep an open mind BRO
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

Marty; ignorance, old school, and stuck in the mud are not the place to go for insulation advice. Chicken little might not be the place for current good hvac advice, much less envelope recommendations.

Find a local expert that is CURRENT. Look at the bpi standards for your situation. Get an audit.

Be cautious of advice from podiatrists regarding your teeth.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123