+ Reply to Thread

Thread: virginia jobs

Post Likes
    Does anyone know of a good place in virginia to work & live

Post Likes
    Have you tried CII service they are all over virginia. They are commercial/industrial. Worked for them when they had a office in south florida. Very good company

Post Likes
    TRY MOORE'S HVAC/R SERVICE DEPARTMENT. MAIN OFFICE IN ALTA VISTA AND CHARLOTTESVILLE. THEY DO ALL OF VA. LIVING AREA'S ARE MANASSASS ($$$),ALBEMARLE COUNTYAND RIVHMOND. GOOD LUCK

Post Likes
    5150 do you know anything about blacksburg

Post Likes
    i beleive it's near viginia tech univ. try there web site. they do have some good jobs in the hvac department once in awhile.

Post Likes
    sabre11134.I couldn't find CLL or CII hvac company a phone number or email address would halp. Thanks sabre11134

Post Likes
    frame:

Try Cii (CII). There a fairly good outfit to work for. Lots of small branch offices.

You asked the question about "nice place to live". That's fairly subjective. Blacksburg is nice if you want small town. If you're a big city guy, stick to N. Virginia around DC. Bristol area is nice but, real hillbilly. Lynchburg area is also a nice area, particularly if your a bible thumper. City of Richmond sucks but, everything around Richmond is nice.

You didn't state your background, commercial, residential, etc. Moore's and Cii are good commercial/industrial. Also take a look at Colonial out of Richmond, Southern Air out of Lynchburg. I hear good things about Trane in Richmond. The Richmond Trane is owned by MOTHER Trane.

Good Luck!

Post Likes
    frame,

I should have mentioned in previous post. The "grapevine" says that Seaboard out of Richmond was looking for a good lead tech. I don't know how reliable that info is. Give 'em a call.

Post Likes
    I was looking at blacksburg,Farefax,Charlottesville & virginia beach I live in a town of 10,000 20m from a town of 55,000.I am looking for a good place to live,work & make good money.

Post Likes
    I am epa certified universal I do most residential so commercial I am a sheet metal mechanic I do sales,designing installation jobs & some service I have learned over the years.

Post Likes
    Alright, here's my opinion:

Blacksburg-Typical small college town. It's nice, but not close to ANYTHING.

Fairfax-Bedroom community for DC. Opposite end of the spectrum from Blacksburg. Much higher cost of living. Good money and the area is short on techs.

C-ville-Old money lives here. Nice town. Not as much work. Lots of fly by night outfits. More expensive to live here than Blacksburg but not near Fairfax.

Virginia Beach-Tourist town. On season it's a party town. If you're single, you'll love it. Off season it's a graveyard. The beach and Chesapeake are pricey areas. This is a popular DC people vacation spot. Norfolk is a pit! The other side of the tunnel is nice and more affordable. Money and work are ok.

There was a poster by the handle "PDI" that ran a resi/comm outfit out of Franklin. Franklin is about 45 min. south of Virginia beach. He was looking for help many monthes back without success. Seemed like a good guy. Might be worth a look. Nice area. Fair money.

Post Likes
    Linden Swanson you have helped alot I still looking around im posting an post on beach town to move to I am ready to move but need the right town to go to.Thanks Linden Swanson

Post Likes

Central VA is the best

Originally posted by framehvac
    Does anyone know of a good place in virginia to work & live
    There are alot of good places and good hand will have no problem finding work. Richmond is booming with commercial work - as are other areas. I am actually relocating from Richmond to the River. Looking for a bit of peace & quiet.

Post Likes
    You can find their web sit at http://www.ciiservice.com Been real busy at work lately. Good luck

Post Likes
    cii is to big of a co. for me I thank a 5 to 30 guy shop is more like it.If you know of any let me know.Thanks

Post Likes

Frame

As of 9/29/04, this is NOT the place to post open positions. Please use the
    HVAC-Talk Classifieds section to list all job openings. General discussions
    about jobs and posts for jobs wanted are, of course, still welcome.

http://hvac.buildcentral.com/classifieds/hvac.asp

[Edited by BC1 on 12-23-2004 at 10:33 AM]
    A woman has the last word in any argument
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Post Likes

BC1 my post was not a classified ad

But a response to a specific query in this thread.
    It makes little since to answer a question in one thread in a completely different forum.
    I can understand if you feel that the subject was in the wrong forum, but it would have been nice of you to have simply moved it to where you would like to see it rather then just deleting it.

[Edited by Pioneer on 12-23-2004 at 03:41 PM]

Post Likes
    BC1 or boss This is a good web site to find work before the job opens page it was a great web site to find a job.Just let us talk hvac & do away with the classifieds if you have a job let the hvac company post it is there a reason that there is a classifieds?Thanks framehvac

Post Likes
    Recruiters - not for free

Recruiters must pay $50 via PayPal for each post they make. Post only in the "Job Search" section. Please pay before posting.
    This is a great site but you do things like this makes it look like it is all about the money.If this site need money make a post a lot off us will give.Thank framehvac

Post Likes

Frame

Call me @ (757) 875-1200 or email to pioneer@cox.net
    I would like to discuss your last few post one on one without violating any of the new rules. Thanks
    I will be out of the office until Monday, so email until then.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in