Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Carlyle 06NW Terminal failure

Has anyone ever experience a terminal breaking off of the main connections for a Carlyle 06NW compressor. It is fitted to a 30HC 080-375 Carrier chiller system. Wondering if this is a design flaw or just one of those things. Also would anyone happen to have a parts list and break down of the compressor? Cheers.

Just one of those things from what I have seen or heard.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

How about having to change filters very often on the system. Seem to go through a set of filters once a month. System has never been opened except for filter swaps.

When you mean set are you talking external and internal? Does the compressors cycle slot? How's about a full model number.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Carrier 30 HXC 080-375 with the Carlyle comps. We keep having to change the internal filters. System was installed last year and they have been nothing short of a nightmare. No tech. service from installer. We are off the W. coast of Africa and supplier is in UK. Took the money and ran once job was completed.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_galliano View Post
    Carrier 30 HXC 080-375 with the Carlyle comps. We keep having to change the internal filters. System was installed last year and they have been nothing short of a nightmare. No tech. service from installer. We are off the W. coast of Africa and supplier is in UK. Took the money and ran once job was completed.
    I would check to see if the material stopping up the filter in metallic or something else. It`s probabnly a French made chiller and I would assume that their manufacturing processes are pretty clean. You might want to take an oil sample and have it analyzed.
    UA 100

I'm going to pull the oil out of one of them tomorrow. Found out earlier today that we recieved more oil. As you suggested I will also send in an oil sample to find out what is breaking down. At this point I'm thinking C4 to take care of the problem. Do you know where I can come across a set of schmatics / enginnering drawings for the compressor broken down? Tried getting in touch with Carrier in the UK and US and no response.

It sounds like you have a contaminated oil system i have chillers running for nearly 5 years without any oil filter changes.
    As for Carrier UK their service department will send a tech if you need one you can either ring 44-2088147600 and ask for Phil Treacher he is technical support in service or email phil.treacher@carrier.utc.com.
    Change all of the oil and be prepared to do a couple of oil changes.
    Send your oil sample off for analysis to find out whats in the sample then lets see what comes back in the report.

Tell him Gibbo asked you to contact him.

Exactly where off the west coast of Africa are you ?

Gibbo

Gibbo,

Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call in the morning. As far as getting a service tech. It is cheaper to swap the compressors with new ones once they fail. Currently offshore Congo W. Africa. Trying to prevent that as much as possible but, always a option.

I seem to remember Texaco Angola on their rig used the same logic for looking after their chillers. Their spares for 2 chillers was more than we held in the entire UK for the same chiller.
    I'm sure a Carrier tech is cheaper than a 06N Compresser but thats for you to decide.

I have never heard of a 06N that needed that many oil filter changes anywhere.
    What alarms are you getting ?

Gibbo

I have a copy of the 06N parts breakdown manual at work, I will forward it to you tomorrow.
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

I'm getting pre start oil pressure failures, Low oil pressure failure, and max oul pressure difference. Not necessarily in that order or at the same time. I know your thinking that our attitude to the maint. of the equipment may be a little strange. Thing is if a piece of equipment is running and you can keep it running managment won't spend the money on a service tech. to come out and have a look at it. Also the attitude is if we can 't fix it then why do they have us here. We have been waiting on spare parts for the chillers since install over a year ago. I can get a compressor faster than a service tech or spare parts to maintain the system. All I can do is the best I can with what I have. Just for an idea after all the visa's, shot's, airline tickets, accomadations, and unforseeables. We would probally be looking at over 10K pounds before the day rate to get somone here.
    Thanks for the advice. Cheers

Turbo Master, Thanks. Will be waiting for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast