+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appion TEZ-8 Questions

Post Likes
    Thank you for the reply Jim.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Thanks for a definitive answer Jim, everywhere I go people keep telling me I'll freeze the moisture in system. Glad I finally have a solid reply for the non believers!

Post Likes
    We've done some pseudo-scientific tests to see what kind of time you'd be looking at IF you managed to freeze moisture in the system. We put about a full ounce of water in a mock-up system, with huge connection ports to ensure fast enough evacuation to get the water to freeze. On the equivalent of a 1 ton system, this added about 15 minutes (from 1 minute totally dry to 16 minutes) until we had fully sublimated the ice and dropped to a stable vacuum below 200 microns.

The hardest part about this test was getting the water to freeze in the first place... the thermal mass and 65º ambient kept the water liquid long enough to boil it off each time, so to get the water to freeze we pre-cooled our rig (got it to about 40-45º), and put 3/8" connections on it. Even then, we had to get to about an ounce or more of water in one place before the stuff would freeze.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Thanks Chris, love my setup and the time it's saved me. If you guys ever need a product tester let me know...

Post Likes
    Why I love this site as well.....Im a believer! But sadly not an owner of a TEZ8 or megaflow yet.

Post Likes
    Does Appion sell their oil in bulk? I see where they offer 24-packs of cartridges but I'm talking jugs. I would assume it would save costs to clean and refill my own cartridges. It looks like a great setup and I look forward to owning one in the very near future along with the accessories.

Post Likes
    Yes. I buy it in one gallon jugs. Johnstone part H85-588.

Post Likes
    Excellent, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in