Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ronald Reagan{RINO}

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/artic...&asset=&ccode=

Here are some facts for the consevlicans who worship Ronny.

Reagan is the subject of a lot of revisionist history. I don't think he would be a viable candidate for POTUS today. He was not far enough right for Republicans today.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Yes , he spent more than average and raised taxes in a way that pleased people.

here is what i remember about his time in office...when i was trying to buy my first home after him being in office for about seven years, mortgage interest rates were through the roof. As I recall, i got a "good deal" at just under eighteen percent. it was more difficult to buy then than it is now. I also rememeber my parents having no disposable income when i was in high schoool during his first term, to the point of me having to get a full time job after school to help pay for household bills. as i recall though, i made a whopping five dollars per hour! take home pay for a week ended up at 134 dollars per week.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    here is what i remember about his time in office...when i was trying to buy my first home after him being in office for about seven years, mortgage interest rates were through the roof. As I recall, i got a "good deal" at just under eighteen percent. it was more difficult to buy then than it is now. I also rememeber my parents having no disposable income when i was in high schoool during his first term, to the point of me having to get a full time job after school to help pay for household bills. as i recall though, i made a whopping five dollars per hour! take home pay for a week ended up at 134 dollars per week.
    heres what I remember: In 1977 my parents were broke. I would come home from school and my dad would be on the phone begging people for work. By 1980, their home was almost foreclosed on and dad was considering bankruptcy. Mom and dad bought a $400 car off my uncle and had to pay him $20.00 a month. Dad had to go to Dallas,Texas to find work and lived in a pop-up camper with a transister radio.

By 1986, dad has enough work to buy a few trucks and hire a couple guys. People were calling day and night begging him to put the HVAC in their houses. By 1990, dad had paid off his entire mortgage and bought mom a brand new Mercury Cougar with cash. By 1996 dad owned 3 houses in Florida and 1 in Indiana. He rented 2 of the Florida houses out and vacationed in the other. He flew to Arizona, Florida and Aruba 3 or 4 times a year to golf and relax. Today, dad is a happily retired millionaire who lives on 5 acres and sits by his pool all day.

You guys can rewrite history all you want. Thats fine, I could care less. I could give a rat's ass what you think about Reagan. What I do know is the 80's were extremely kind to my parents. Something worked...not sure what it was

Heres what I remember

52 hostages held in Iran for 444 days. Minutes after President Reagan was sworn in they were "magically" released.

And since his run...we have yet to have a President that even comes remotely close to his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    heres what I remember: In 1977 my parents were broke. I would come home from school and my dad would be on the phone begging people for work. By 1980, their home was almost foreclosed on and dad was considering bankruptcy. Mom and dad bought a $400 car off my uncle and had to pay him $20.00 a month. Dad had to go to Dallas,Texas to find work and lived in a pop-up camper with a transister radio.

By 1986, dad has enough work to buy a few trucks and hire a couple guys. People were calling day and night begging him to put the HVAC in their houses. By 1990, dad had paid off his entire mortgage and bought mom a brand new Mercury Cougar with cash. By 1996 dad owned 3 houses in Florida and 1 in Indiana. He rented 2 of the Florida houses out and vacationed in the other. He flew to Arizona, Florida and Aruba 3 or 4 times a year to golf and relax. Today, dad is a happily retired millionaire who lives on 5 acres and sits by his pool all day.

You guys can rewrite history all you want. Thats fine, I could care less. I could give a rat's ass what you think about Reagan. What I do know is the 80's were extremely kind to my parents. Something worked...not sure what it was
    Sounds like your dad worked..... Even in tough times there are people who can put their nose to the grindstone and make something.

Just got to think and keep your priorities straight.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Yes , he spent more than average and raised taxes in a way that pleased people.
    WHO spent and raised taxes?

You might wanna check your pocket constitution, AC.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post

You might oughta read the article

That is true. The POTUS has very little to do with the monetary policy of he country. We can see that today. They can suggest, recommend, beg, plead, but in the end Congress holds the purse strings.

Reagan did ask for and got a huge tax cut. Then he had to back it off and ask for tax hikes when he realized he was going to run out of money as he tripled the budget deficit. Reagan sure wasn't a fiscal conservative.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

So, you are saying the Democrats in Congress are really why the Berlin wall fell and why the hostages were released?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    So, you are saying the Democrats in Congress are really why the Berlin wall fell and why the hostages were released?
    I realize much of what you post is for entertainment value, but really, sometimes you are off the wall.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

CNN are you kidding me.....don't read that stuff......sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast