+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DMS 3500 & MICRONET CONTROLLER ISSUE

Post Likes

Confused DMS 3500 & MICRONET CONTROLLER ISSUE

My DMS screen is showing SLAVEDOWN (SLVDN) on only one vav controller. The controller is a MNFLO-3T. I have done a few things such as cycle power to the DMS and the MN-MSI INTEGRATOR with no luck. I have even connected directly to the vav and reset it, cycle power and even replaced the controller. None of this has worked. Can someone recommend some ideas to me?
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    Is the MNFLO addressed properly ?

Post Likes

Smile

Yes, it is.

Post Likes
    Is there a possibility that the comm bus wiring is damaged between the controller and the DMS ?

Post Likes
    Have you tried unscrewing the space tstat from its base and reattaching securely or tried completely replacing the sensor & base? I remember TRBL (trouble) warnings when a sensor board is just a little loose from the base... don't recall SLVDN on one mn flot3 vav though.

Is this vav perhaps the lone vav controller on the micronet bus served by the the micronet<> Microsmart/dms integrator board? If so, SLVDN (slavedown) usually means a microsmart bus field board is unpowered, locked up, disconnected from the microsmart bus, or bad. And the micronet<>microsmart/dms integrator board looks like just another microsmart board to the dms. DMS doesn't directly see one VAV to say SLVDN (slave down) without calling to same notation to all the VAVs on that integrator, unless there is only one vav on that integrator. If the integrator board is down, all the VAVs on that integrator's Ubus would appear with SLVDN notation on the dms.

I'll have to unhook a mn flot3t vav from its bus sometime and confirm. Maybe dms says SLVDN, but I think it just attaches a TRBL label to any points mapped to dms from that vav.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    Is there a possibility that the comm bus wiring is damaged between the controller and the DMS ?
    The comm wiring is fine...in fact, it is in the middle (the controller showing SLVDN) of a daisy chain.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvactalker View Post
    Have you tried unscrewing the space tstat from its base and reattaching securely or tried completely replacing the sensor & base? I remember TRBL (trouble) warnings when a sensor board is just a little loose from the base... don't recall SLVDN on one mn flot3 vav though.

Is this vav perhaps the lone vav controller on the micronet bus served by the the micronet<> Microsmart/dms integrator board? If so, SLVDN (slavedown) usually means a microsmart bus field board is unpowered, locked up, disconnected from the microsmart bus, or bad. And the micronet<>microsmart/dms integrator board looks like just another microsmart board to the dms. DMS doesn't directly see one VAV to say SLVDN (slave down) without calling to same notation to all the VAVs on that integrator, unless there is only one vav on that integrator. If the integrator board is down, all the VAVs on that integrator's Ubus would appear with SLVDN notation on the dms.

I'll have to unhook a mn flot3t vav from its bus sometime and confirm. Maybe dms says SLVDN, but I think it just attaches a TRBL label to any points mapped to dms from that vav.
    There are several VAV boxes on this Integrator and only this one shows SLVDN...The manual is not very helpful either.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in