Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Axel Rose...........

Originally posted by midhvac
    Originally posted by icemeister
    "Failure to Communicate".......Cool Hand Luke 1967 with Paul Newman, right? ......oooops, wrong thread.....Never Mind
    Wasn't that was Strother Martin? who made the infamous comment.
    Guns and Roses, "Civil War"

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    I suggest you do your one thing you can do as a patriotic American. Vote. Simply Vote.
    You got it Dow. This election is one of the most important in our history. I don’t care whom you vote for, as long as you Vote. I do hope all those votes are counted. I’m an idiot like that.

Have we become so partisan that we don't care how our candidate wins, as long as they win? I personally would be ashamed if my candidate won a corrupted election.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I wish I could find the thread about a year back where Condenseddave started a thread and made a big ole rant about being civil to one another, answer the techicnal question competently, and nicely, if you were capable to. I don't remeber word for word, but the basic idea was to be nice. It actually went into where if you were being provoked as to be the bigger man and try to subside with being more proffesional and move on. The other big idea was to be a help to someone who needs it. To allow ourselves to conduct ourselves on here as proffesionals.

There was a lot of traffic on that thread. And many of us, sort of made a commitment to be more civil, more upbeat.

Condenseddave has earned some respect here for showing his knowledge, and showing his leadership ability in threads like I just mentioned above. But everytime he makes a comment like "your an idiot" he loses some of the respect he has earned.

Dow I too have a great respect for Cdave. Reading his posts, has lead me to believe he is very knowledgeable in this field, and I respect that. His responses demonstrate the peril our freedom is in.

It seems the candidates, have become more important than the process.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Dow I agree with you about it being essential to vote and that as far as politics is concerned the country has changed. This election is the most important in many years because the next president will nominate as many as four Supreme Court justices. These justice nominations more than anything else will determine the course of our NATION for the next several decades.
    This reason more than any other cries out for re-electing President Bush. The liberals have for the 50 + years stacked our lower courts with judges that want to make laws that circumvent and alter the true intent of our Constitution.
    Kerry as much as said he would put in judges that would inject his and their ideology and uphold the laws of the land and the constitution.

I believe that this election is going to have the largest voter turnout in numbers and percentages ever in our nations history.
    Of the thirty-two states that allow early voting I have read that they are having record turnouts. In Houston we had 407,000 early voters Florida had over two million early votes cast.
    What is worrisome to me is the Democrats have 10,000 lawyers spread around the country to monitor and litigate the vote the Republicans have 4,000. Any time you have 14,000 lawyers involved in anything it is going to be F***ed up for along time.
    I heard our local Taxman talking about how long it will take nationwide to actually declare a formal count even without the lawyers.
    It used to be a person could walk up and demand to vote even without being registered. They signed a form and voted on a provisional ballot. That ballot was then counted unless specifically identified as being challenged. If challenged the provisional voters information was then verified and if true the vote is counted if not it is thrown out.
    Now the provisional vote is held out and all must be verified if the race is close. I understood this to be a nationwide thing not just Texas. He said that at best close election will take 6 to 8 days and could take as many as 16 days.
    Personally I think we should be required to go to the court house to register one time prove that you are a American citizen provide fingerprints and have to do a thumb print scan at your polling place. If you move or get married go to a court have your thumb scanned and provide your new address or name change. The technology is available and not that expensive print scanners are in banks and stores all over the place. It would certainly prevent dead people and cartoon characters from voting.

BTW I don’t think we really have to worry about people providing their own equipment and us becoming just labor hounds anytime soon, at least not in residential. I do see it as being a problem in big commercial and industrial work but it has been to some degree for a long time already.

Originally posted by frozensolid
    I suggest you do your one thing you can do as a patriotic American. Vote. Simply Vote.
    I don’t care whom you vote for, as long as
    It isn't Bush..........now there is an idiot.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I am surprised it took three days to be moved to ARP. Now the fur is going to fly.

We got an economy that really is transforming to a degree and with the verocity that no one, not even the smart business CEO's can predict, so as to make swift changes in how they conduct business. The end result of this transformation is simply, alot of good paying skilled jobs are no longer in existence on our National Scene. Let me spell it out a little closer to our own hearts. Our industry is changing. The contractor of the future will only be a labor supplier. Your parts and materials will be provided for you by your customer. Think about that. If you think I am wrong, you all need to start reading the paper, start reading about the interveiws being had with larger employers, larger contractors that are national.

As a side bar to this whole thing. Only supplying labor means that, for a contractor to be competitive, their skills and the skills of their crew must be as good or better than the next contractors. And at a bottom low price. The only way your going to be able to compete and make a decent profit is if you know something others do not.

I sure would like to know why the contractors of this great country are supposed to sit back and LET this happen without putting up a fight, like organizing and refusing to sell or work on these manufactures equipment doing this to us. Without US they are nothing, they would not exist.

Originally posted by Diceman
    I don’t care whom you vote for, as long as
    It isn't Bush..........now there is an idiot.....
    Idiot, really?

Let’s take a look here.

Fighter pilots are well known for having to be extremely smart to earn a set of wings on their chest.

Kerry was just a boat captain. I think a 10 year old knows how to pilot a boat.

Bush assembled investors together to purchase a professional ball team, and they all made a nice profit. I think it takes good vision and business knowledge to get investors to see a good business plan and open up their check books.

Kerry has NEVER had ANY real business experience. He has always worked off the tax payer’s money, and ALWAYS married into money.

Bush looking at the facts did a good job in Texas as a governor, and accomplished several significant things, so good he was reelected.

Kerry has never written a big significant piece of legislation or held ANY lead chair on any of the prestigious committees, where you are nominated by your peers in the 20 years he has been a senator.

Bush as president has pushed through a prescription drug program that Clinton failed to accomplish.
    Bush as president lowered taxes to help the economy come out of the recession he inherited, and to help small businesses thrive.
    Bush was MAN enough to go after the terrorists instead of just lobbing some cruise missiles, so we can all be safer in the homeland.

Kerry has done nothing for health benefits. Why couldn’t he have written legislation in just the last 4 years, not to mention the last 20 he has been a senator.
    Kerry did nothing to help get the economy back on its feet in the last 4 years.
    Kerry did nothing to help fight the terrorists and make YOU safer here in the homeland in the last 4 years.

These are the cold hard facts. If anyone can not see the difference between someone with leadership abilities here and no leadership abilities, then I truly feel sorry for them.

P.S. Who flew into a battle zone to spend Thanksgiving with the troops? Enough said.

[Edited by madeinusa on 10-31-2004 at 03:00 PM]

A Prediction

Kerry wins popular vote, Bush Steals the selection in the courts. 4 more years.

Originally posted by Diceman
    You still get to vote, you got 2 senators in every state no matter how small the population, that ain't exactly fair is it, plus house of rep delegates based on population.
    Without the electrol college, we wouldn't count.

Originally posted by condenseddave

You are a total idiot.
    That’s typical Cdave, anyone who wants the vote to be fair and honest is an Idiot. In that case I must say, I am proud to be an Idiot.
    It's got nothing at all to do with your right to vote, and you know it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123