Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The failure to communicate is a great metaphor for ARP. How long before this thread goes there?
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

"Failure to Communicate".......Cool Hand Luke 1967 with Paul Newman, right? ......oooops, wrong thread.....Never Mind

I totally disagree

Just to get things started in the right direction!!

Frozen ... what's up?

You got it right ice. You will agree with us, or we will batter you until you do.

Men must be civil to each other, before their communication can be effective, and taken seriously.

R-12 I'm just whining. I was hoping the right to vote would transcend ARP.

Originally posted by frozensolid
    You got it right ice. You will agree with us, or we will batter you until you do.

Men must be civil to each other, before their communication can be effective, and taken seriously.

R-12 I'm just whining. I was hoping the right to vote would transcend ARP.
    so, do you need a hug?

As for myself

I'm trying not to be as agressive on ARP as I once was. Somethings still infuriate my spirit. One being the outright blasphemy and degrading of the American lives lost in the middle east. I believe that I've come to a point where I enjoy arguing the subject matter instead of tearing someone elses character down in a flame war.

Re: As for myself

Originally posted by rob10
    I'm trying not to be as agressive on ARP as I once was. Somethings still infuriate my spirit. One being the outright blasphemy and degrading of the American lives lost in the middle east. I believe that I've come to a point where I enjoy arguing the subject matter instead of tearing someone elses character down in a flame war.
    Yeah, I noticed you matured. What the F@#$ is up with that?

I figgered the hot wife grabbed ahold of 'em and put the squeese on

That is definitely one contributing factor!!

Sorry I thought we were going to talk about our new dispatcher.

Re: As for myself

Originally posted by rob10
    I believe that I've come to a point where I enjoy arguing the subject matter instead of tearing someone elses character down in a flame war.
    Sigh, that is music to my ears. Anybody can flame. Not every body can convincingly argue their opinions. Here is a virtual pat on the back for you Rob

Ah, patience has its rewards

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

I never

I never saw that coming...Rob you need a real job again.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

After the last Election fiasco, I wrote and mailed this letter to the Supreme Court. I live in Broward County Florida, and I want my Vote protected. That right is non-negotiable.

December 19, 2000
    U. S. Supreme Court Justice’s
    1 First Street Northeast
    Washington, D.C.

Your Honor’s:
    I have always held the Supreme Court in the highest regard as the protector of the American people and the American Democracy, even when the opinions handed down were contrary to my own beliefs. Your recent decision in the Bush vs. Gore case has shattered my confidence in the wisdom and impartiality of this court.

The day I learned this case was to be heard by the Supreme Court I expected to witness the kind of selfless greatness exhibited by George Washington in his putting down of the Newburgh conspiracy. It would seem that this was just a naive expectation on my part. Instead, I witnessed a partisan act, which at the very least is rife with the appearance of impropriety. Many of you may now retire with the comfort of knowing a Republican President will appoint your predecessors.

I have always believed the courts duty was to protect the people from the government, not the government from the people. When you decided to ignore the votes of the people of Florida, it appears the court has become the protector of the Republican Party.

These votes soon will be counted under the Florida sunshine law. If this count shows Vice President Gore to be the true winner, you will have ruptured the very foundation of our Democracy, bringing irreparable damage to the very system you have sworn an oath to protect. If this count shows President Elect Bush to be the winner, you will have brought irreparable damage to his Presidency with no valid reason.

The right to vote and the results of that right must be protected if we are to remain a free and just society. The Supreme Court has the right, the power, and most important of all the duty to do anything necessary to insure the integrity of the vote is protected.

In my opinion you have failed the American people.

Respectfully Yours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast