+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust Business Success?

Post Likes

Exhaust Business Success?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am curious if anyone has had much business and financial success in the commercial kitchen hood business. I have had a business transformation from lite commercial HVAC to the hood business currently dominating my list of installation projects.
    Problem is:
    Too much costs and time with everything from permitting, each individual city registration, engineered drawings, minimum of 3+ inspections, fire wrap costs, labor hours, job distance, grease ductwork fabrication costs, etc.
    I have limited success, but just cannot seem to make it work financially to justify continuing. Plenty of work but little financial success when compared to the small commercial or residential HVAC market. I have met numerous business owners who have left the business just for the reasons listed and returned to either the residential, commercial HVAC end or back to sheet-metal fabrication business.
    Please let me know your thoughts or experiences in this discipline of our business world.
    Champ1

Post Likes
    Seems like you got your best answers from people in your area who got out of it. That's a lot of time consuming hoops to jump through unless you get paid for all the time you put into it. IMO, it's easy to stay busy and make no money.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in