Kaboom! (Missing explosives) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by motorboy1
    Originally posted by bootlen
    Well, which is it? Were there WMD's in Iraq and the war there was justified or were there no WMD's? I think you are confused.
    Yep, and they were all safely stored and accounted for until the shrub illegaly invaded Iraq. I think you have a problem in reading comprehension - try reading it again, slower. Or maybe I'm typing too fast for you.
    "Yep, and they were all safely stored and accounted for until the shrub illegaly invaded Iraq."

And if you REALLY believe this, then you're DUMBER than I thought!! I really didn't think that was possible, You've outdone yourself again!!

And YOU have raised the bar for DUMBNESS!!

Kerry and Co...This Country CAN'T afford them!!

we keep blaming the same person over and over again, yet this one person did not have operational control out in the field, if he was to make all the decisions nothing would get done, the field commanders made the call not to guard the site, wrong call but we dont know the actual circumstances to make this call, those that critizice from the comfort of home are nothing but load mouthed *****es unless you can put some credentials on line. its bad enought that you have retired officers acting as military advisers for the news agencies. i ask the same question again if kerry becomes president and it does not work out would you stand forward and up to it and say i voted for him and i f'ed up and will fix the problem.

[Edited by Edmund Forsthe on 10-29-2004 at 11:25 AM]

If Kerry is elected

Originally posted by nevada

The explosives are being found each time a car bomb goes off or someone with a back pack full of explosives kills a lot of people.

On November the 2nd you can VOTE for 4 more years of this kind of leadership or you can elect to get America back in the right direction.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that some of those expolsives will show up in the US, possibly in front of your children's school.

Well, which is it? Were there WMD's in Iraq and the war there was justified or were there no WMD's? I think you are confused.
    Yep, and they were all safely stored and accounted for until the shrub illegaly invaded Iraq. I think you have a problem in reading comprehension - try reading it again, slower. Or maybe I'm typing too fast for you.

That's the most narrow minded post from you so far, how are these explosives safely stored by tagging only. The U.N. dropped the ball here by letting these materials stay in the country from the get-go. Concept is lost on you.

And all this depends on two major factors.
    Did the Russians play a hand here?
    Were they actually accounted for in the proper quantities?

================================================== ==========

Just trying to confirm your perspective. We already knew there were WMD's in Iraq. Just can't figure out why all the dems/libs and the U.N. is now saying they were not.

But the problem with your perspective is that the troops who first went into the Al Qaaqaa arsenal after the invasion began are saying that the only weapons there were small arms, conventionals...RPG's, and the like. WMD's were already gone.

So which is true...what the W hating journalists say or what the troops who were there say?

Do you want the truth to come out or do you just want W replaced?

It's obvious from your post that you don't give a rip about truth.

Here's the truth. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I wonder how many words the ABC videotape is worth? Go and put your head back in the sand, booty.

Bush and Co. What a mess!

400,000 tons of contained or destroyed munitions and a week before the election Bush-haters decide to ***** about 380 tons, which later was proved to be only 200 or so tons of munitions.

__________________________________________________ ____________

The Michael Moore Party........What A Mess !

Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    and pray what proop do you have that kerry can do a better job then, rather than just whine abouth it.
    This is a very stupid question from one whom I thought was more intelligent. You can't have proof of something that hasn't happened yet. What I do have proof of is the shrubs incompetency. Since I already know that Bush is a COMPLETE FAILURE, my vote will go for Kerry. If and when he screws up as much as the shrub I will call him on it as well. That will never happen though because the shrub has raised the bar on incompetency so high.

Bush and Co. What an incompetent mess!
    And you my friend, are an incompetent ass.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Johnny's missing explosives

That New York Times-CBS News "scoop"about 380 missing tons of explosives in Iraq appears to be collapsing before our eyes, raising new credibility problems for both media giants and for John Kerry who sought to exploit the bogus story in an effort to salvage his presidential campaign.
    The seemingly indisputable facts about the case are the following: On Monday, the NYT reported in a front-page story that 380 tons of powerful explosives were apparently looted from one of Saddam Hussein's most sensitive military facilities, the al Qaqaa near Baghdad, and that the arsenal had vanished because U.S. forces had failed to adequately guard it. That very morning, Mr. Kerry cited the article as evidence of "the incredible incompetence of this president and this administration." Since then, his campaign has been running ads citing the story as evidence of President Bush's malfeasance, and Mr. Kerry and running mate John Edwards have made the NYT piece a central issue in their campaign.

The problem for the NYT, CBS, and Mr. Kerry is that their story has been falling apart since Monday night, when NBC News reported that the explosives RDX and HMX were missing on April 10, 2003, when American troops arrived at al Qaqaa. Former soldier Ken Dixon, who served with the 101st Airborne, told Fox News that when his unit entered and searched the facility, there was no sign of the weapons. The Third Infantry Division, which had already made it to al Qaqaa several days earlier, conducted its own search and didn't find anything. Also, it would have required a tremendous fleet of trucks to have spirited out such a large volume of material out of the installation at a time when coalition military vehicles were controlling the roadways. In short, the notion that the material was looted while under the authority of U.S. forces is questionable, to put it mildly. And then there's also the Pentagon's announcement yesterday that an Army unit removed 250 tons of ammunition from al Qaqaa although it is unclear whether this is part of the original 380 tons referred to in the NYT story.
    Indeed, even two of Mr. Kerry's senior foreign policy aides Richard Holbrooke and Jamie Rubin concede they do not know where the missing explosives could be. "I don't know what happened," Mr. Holbrooke acknowledged.
    Mr. Kerry's continued insistence on nonetheless referring to the NYT story harkens back to JFK's phony missile gap. There is a gap in the senator's integirty.

Originally posted by pabull
    Originally posted by Edmund Forsthe
    and pray what proop do you have that kerry can do a better job then, rather than just whine abouth it.
    This is a very stupid question from one whom I thought was more intelligent. You can't have proof of something that hasn't happened yet. What I do have proof of is the shrubs incompetency. Since I already know that Bush is a COMPLETE FAILURE, my vote will go for Kerry. If and when he screws up as much as the shrub I will call him on it as well. That will never happen though because the shrub has raised the bar on incompetency so high.

Bush and Co. What an incompetent mess!
    And you my friend, are an incompetent ass.
    And you my friend, are a very competent ass.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Johnny's missing explosives

That New York Times-CBS News "scoop"about 380 missing tons of explosives in Iraq appears to be collapsing before our eyes, raising new credibility problems for both media giants and for John Kerry who sought to exploit the bogus story in an effort to salvage his presidential campaign.
    The seemingly indisputable facts about the case are the following: On Monday, the NYT reported in a front-page story that 380 tons of powerful explosives were apparently looted from one of Saddam Hussein's most sensitive military facilities, the al Qaqaa near Baghdad, and that the arsenal had vanished because U.S. forces had failed to adequately guard it. That very morning, Mr. Kerry cited the article as evidence of "the incredible incompetence of this president and this administration." Since then, his campaign has been running ads citing the story as evidence of President Bush's malfeasance, and Mr. Kerry and running mate John Edwards have made the NYT piece a central issue in their campaign.

The problem for the NYT, CBS, and Mr. Kerry is that their story has been falling apart since Monday night, when NBC News reported that the explosives RDX and HMX were missing on April 10, 2003, when American troops arrived at al Qaqaa. Former soldier Ken Dixon, who served with the 101st Airborne, told Fox News that when his unit entered and searched the facility, there was no sign of the weapons. The Third Infantry Division, which had already made it to al Qaqaa several days earlier, conducted its own search and didn't find anything. Also, it would have required a tremendous fleet of trucks to have spirited out such a large volume of material out of the installation at a time when coalition military vehicles were controlling the roadways. In short, the notion that the material was looted while under the authority of U.S. forces is questionable, to put it mildly. And then there's also the Pentagon's announcement yesterday that an Army unit removed 250 tons of ammunition from al Qaqaa although it is unclear whether this is part of the original 380 tons referred to in the NYT story.
    Indeed, even two of Mr. Kerry's senior foreign policy aides Richard Holbrooke and Jamie Rubin concede they do not know where the missing explosives could be. "I don't know what happened," Mr. Holbrooke acknowledged.
    Mr. Kerry's continued insistence on nonetheless referring to the NYT story harkens back to JFK's phony missile gap. There is a gap in the senator's integirty.

Here's the truth. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I wonder how many words the ABC videotape is worth? Go and put your head back in the sand, james.

Bush and Co. What a mess!

The truth is that you never could have move that much stuff with the Americans all over the place. Even Kerry has moved along on this stupid story Numb Nutz. I suggest you do the same. You pecker heads were not worried about WMD and now all of a sudden you are worried about 1/1000 of the weapons detroyed in a story that has no wings.

[Edited by James 3528 on 11-01-2004 at 12:00 AM]

if kerry is anything like his supporters heaven help us now.

Kerry is probably not as smart as Motorboat. Scary eh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast