Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    No I have shown you evidence but you just ignore it.
    You cannot prove an abstract, no matter how many times you tap your heels together or how many stars you wish upon. So no, you have not and cannot prove that the unemployment rate would be worse if Obama had not spent billions of dollars with no results.

Obama inherited 8% unemployment with the promise that if we gave him billions of dollars to stimulate the economy he would decrease that 8% unemployment. We gave Obama what he wanted and unemployment went higher and all Obama does is blames others for his inept programs failing.

In the meantime, Obama has lined the pockets of his elitist friends and others who Obama expects to support Democrats.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You obviously don't care what the facts are. You just want to spin.
    The facts are simply;

We had 8% unemployment when Obama took office.
    Obama promised to reduce that 8% if we gave him hundreds of billions of dollars to spend to stimulate the economy.
    Obama failed to stimulate the economy and unemployment went as high as 10% and is now still at 9.8%.

More then 900% more homes have been foreclosed on even though Obama gave homeowners 88 billion dollars and lowered mortgage payments to keep their homes. Another failure from Obama.

More Americans are out of work, more Americans have lost their homes, and Obama is still blaming others for his failures.

What other facts are we supposed to be concerned with?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You cannot prove an abstract, no matter how many times you tap your heels together or how many stars you wish upon. So no, you have not and cannot prove that the unemployment rate would be worse if Obama had not spent billions of dollars with no results.

Obama inherited 8% unemployment with the promise that if we gave him billions of dollars to stimulate the economy he would decrease that 8% unemployment. We gave Obama what he wanted and unemployment went higher and all Obama does is blames others for his inept programs failing.

In the meantime, Obama has lined the pockets of his elitist friends and others who Obama expects to support Democrats.
    Second quarter 2010:

1. Raised real GDP by between 1.7 and 4.5%.

2. Lowered the unemployment rate between 0.7 and 1.8 %

3. Increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 and 3.3 million

4. Increased the number of full-time equivalent jobs by 2.0 to 4.8 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/117xx/doc...08-24-ARRA.pdf
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

The facts are simply;

We had 8% unemployment when Obama took office.
    Obama promised to reduce that 8% if we gave him hundreds of billions of dollars to spend to stimulate the economy.
    Obama failed to stimulate the economy and unemployment went as high as 10% and is now still at 9.8%.

More then 900% more homes have been foreclosed on even though Obama gave homeowners 88 billion dollars and lowered mortgage payments to keep their homes. Another failure from Obama.

More Americans are out of work, more Americans have lost their homes, and Obama is still blaming others for his failures.

What other facts are we supposed to be concerned with?
    You really don't have much expertise in macro-economics.

You didn't know the difference between ARRA and the economic sector bailout or even which president is responsible for which policiies.

You mistook a stock chart of Bush's last year with Obama's first year.

Your views on the economy are more informed by ideology than fiscal knowledge.

And yet here you are pontificating like a junior Greenspan when you have far less fiscal knowledge than a kid running a lemoade stand.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

I have read this entire thread.... All I can say is WOW!!!

Although I agree with several here I do not have time tonight to get into it. LOL If things go well tomorrow I will be posting more.

One comment for sure ....... calling people names, quoting information that has nothing to back it up, arguing over whether or not the money spent was "earmarked" for a particular program, and everything else I have read amounts to one thing as far as I am conserned..... Smoke and mirrors

It does not further the discussion. Neither does it foster ideas or understanding. All it accomplishes is what it is intended to do..... stop the conversation, limit the trade of real information, and keep the people on this board, and in this country, busy arguing about things that will not and do not help our situation.

Y'all have proven my points already.... right here in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Second quarter 2010:

4. Increased the number of full-time equivalent jobs by 2.0 to 4.8 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise.

You post the above numbers as if they are they are actual factual outcomes. Why don't you go back and actually read the report not just the parts you like. Your numbers as presented wholly out of context.
    Given the actual unemployment numbers and all of the caveats made in the report, the above numbers are essentially worthless, similar to the stimulus.

Second quarter 2010:

So Obama put a bunch of people to work doing jobs that spent more of our money, such as counting heads for the census. This is not correcting the economy, this is making us more dependant on government.

Even these temporary measures that were not much more then welfare have done nothing but make it look like Obama was actually doing something for the economy when he was not.

Keep on making excuses for an utterly failed administration.

You really don't have much expertise in macro-economics.

You didn't know the difference between ARRA and the economic sector bailout or even which president is responsible for which policiies.

You mistook a stock chart of Bush's last year with Obama's first year.

Your views on the economy are more informed by ideology than fiscal knowledge.

And yet here you are pontificating like a junior Greenspan when you have far less fiscal knowledge than a kid running a lemoade stand.
    Your obsession with me is creepy, at best. However, this is not about me and you cannot dispute what I posted.

You just keep posting useless nonsense about the past and about your perception of me. I'll bet you go through a lot of Midol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stbscout View Post
    I have read this entire thread.... All I can say is WOW!!!

Although I agree with several here I do not have time tonight to get into it. LOL If things go well tomorrow I will be posting more.

One comment for sure ....... calling people names, quoting information that has nothing to back it up, arguing over whether or not the money spent was "earmarked" for a particular program, and everything else I have read amounts to one thing as far as I am conserned..... Smoke and mirrors

It does not further the discussion. Neither does it foster ideas or understanding. All it accomplishes is what it is intended to do..... stop the conversation, limit the trade of real information, and keep the people on this board, and in this country, busy arguing about things that will not and do not help our situation.

Y'all have proven my points already.... right here in this thread.
    Welcome to liberal rhetoric. Our resident leftists will do everything they can to distract from the truth and confuse the reality of what is happening to the U.S. because of our current administration.

The stimulus bill passed by Congress and signed by Obama has saved tens of thousands of jobs. The only problem is that the jobs saved are limited to presevering the status quo. State and local governments recieved the bulk of funds, preventing layoffs of first responders,i.e. police fire and paramedics. The stimulus also protected teachers and any other government workers in various services that we have become accustomed to.

Yes jobs were save , but so far non have been created.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The stimulus bill passed by Congress and signed by Obama has saved tens of thousands of jobs. The only problem is that the jobs saved are limited to presevering the status quo. State and local governments recieved the bulk of funds, preventing layoffs of first responders,i.e. police fire and paramedics. The stimulus also protected teachers and any other government workers in various services that we have become accustomed to.

Yes jobs were save , but so far non have been created.
    Wow! Sometimes I just love you mancow.

Wow! Sometimes I just love you mancow.
    Please elaborate, if my memory hasn't failed, that could be good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    You post the above numbers as if they are they are actual factual outcomes.
    No, I posted the conclusions from the CBO study. I further posted a link to the study for those interested in the methodology and the raw data compiled and employed as ther basis of the study.

Why don't you go back and actually read the report not just the parts you like.
    Dear boy, I did read the entire report as I am interested in the nuts and bolts of these types of studies. Most folks find these details uninteresting but due to university classes in economic and social statistics I find these details fascinating.

Your numbers as presented wholly out of context.
    Given the actual unemployment numbers and all of the caveats made in the report, the above numbers are essentially worthless, similar to the stimulus.
    Oh dear. Usually critiques of economic estimates center on raw data, the models used or the inclusion or exclusion of variables.
    Or a combination of all three.

What specifically has gotten your panties in a wad?

Quibbles with the data collection?

Perhaps you feel the models utilized are not correct for this type of study?

Have there been variables excluded or included that you feel would significantly alter the conclusions?

Please inform us specifically in what technical way the study falls short of your ideal.

References to the study, alternate methodologies you would employ and references to relevent professional papers would strengthen your views.

Include in your answer why you feel the caveats invalidate the study.

You do realize that caveats are a normal component of any professional paper?

My friend, from reading your posts, one can only conclude that your comments about the study and indeed most of your comments are motivated by your rabid ideological stance rather than any technical or academic knowledge you may possess.

I shall be eagerly anticipating your analysis of the study.

Chapman Cohen

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast