Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 178
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    While there are many ways to "measure" real unemployment data, the facts are that the 9.6% that the government owns up to is not the full figure. There are plenty of places available to find out some of the games the government plays to make unemployment seem less then it really is. Here are a few;

    I was simply correcting a misstatement. I agree the real figue is and has always been higher. I assume you applied this to Reagan, Bush 41 and 43 and in the future also.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,500
    [QUOTE=pageyjim;7752672]
    Unemployed workers who have exhausted their benefits
    oops, so what I said WAS TRUE..........that's ok, you just keep making this stuff up as you go

    Unemployed workers who have not yet earned benefit rights (such as new entrants or reentrants to the labor force)


    This group is not counted in anyway, and I made no reference to this group
    Disqualified workers whose unemployment is considered to have resulted from their own actions rather than from economic conditions; for example, a worker discharged for misconduct on the job Otherwise eligible unemployed persons who do not file for benefits


    In this state (NY) you can be fired for any reason.....ANY REASON and your unemployment can be denied by the employer. You do have the right to challenge your claim to insurance.


    so actually what I wrote is true, but nice try at spinning it to the socialist way.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    [QUOTE=jmac00;7753652]
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post


    oops, so what I said WAS TRUE..........that's ok, you just keep making this stuff up as you go
    No, your statement was dead wrong. Was and still is.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I was simply correcting a misstatement. I agree the real figue is and has always been higher. I assume you applied this to Reagan, Bush 41 and 43 and in the future also.
    The past does not concern me now. I am worried about the right now and the future. However, using the same methods with past presidents would still result in a proportionately higher rate of unemplyed Americans today.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    [quote=pageyjim;7753692]
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

    No, your statement was dead wrong. Was and still is.
    Well, I disagree with you. That makes it two to one....you lose.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, I disagree with you. That makes it two to one....you lose.
    It is hard to disagree with logic like that. As a kid in the playground did you ever say "my father can beat up your father?"
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    [QUOTE=RoBoTeq;7753862]
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Well, I disagree with you. That makes it two to one....you lose.
    Make that 3 to 1.

    Honestly, everyone here understands Jmacs' original point. Except pagey. Just stirring things up? Mindless nit-picking does nothing to add to the intellectual integrity of this thread.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Make that 3 to 1.
    Genius you had me at 2-1.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It is hard to disagree with logic like that. As a kid in the playground did you ever say "my father can beat up your father?"
    My dad is dead and cremated, so I suppose if your father is alive, he could theoretically kick my dad's "ash".

    But no, I have never uttered those silly words about my father beating up your father.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Genius you had me at 2-1.
    You have proven that beating you at your own games is not enough. You are the type of person who needs to be pulverized into the ground and buried under cement to prevent you from coming back with the same silly nonsense.

    Good job tool. Everybody else is welcome to
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My dad is dead and cremated, so I suppose if your father is alive, he could theoretically kick my dad's "ash".

    But no, I have never uttered those silly words about my father beating up your father.
    Was your father a "skilled worker" or "highly educated"? Or was he one of the multitudes of unskilled workers in this country that could make a living for his family from 1946-1980? My father was uneducated but a union member and therefore able to raise a family of 6 kids by himself.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You have proven that beating you at your own games is not enough. You are the type of person who needs to be pulverized into the ground and buried under cement to prevent you from coming back with the same silly nonsense.

    Good job tool. Everybody else is welcome to
    A bully in general doesn't know how else to behave. Bullying is a form of obsessive compulsive behavior. If the bully can't intimidate you, he or she will seek out someone else to intimidate and bully.

    Has this ever been formally diagnosed? Counseling is never too late.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Was your father a "skilled worker" or "highly educated"? Or was he one of the multitudes of unskilled workers in this country that could make a living for his family from 1946-1980?
    My father (biological one) was a waste of life skilled electrician. I have no idea what he did other then abandon me at age two.

    My dad, the step father who raised and loved me and for who I take after the most, was an unskilled worker when not at sea. He worked as a house cleaner, a window washer (some skills involved there) and construction laborer. Once my mom allowed him to go back to sea as a Merchant Marine, he was back in his element of skills as a cook and first mate.

    While my dad was grounded on land, we had times we had to get assistance from welfare food programs. They provided one and three pound blocks of cheese and butter, half gallon containers of peanut butter and such items. We were evicted from our homes at least twice that I can remember. Once my dad was allowed to go back to sea, things got much better. Why do you ask?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event