Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    go ahead, you have my attention, tell me why
    Im just thinkin that your liberal disease may not be as advanced as I thought and that maybe...just maybe you had a brief flash of coherent thought like a bolt from the blue.

Like Dr. Frankenstein felt when his monster twitched.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And yet we are closing in on 10% unemployment. Hmmmm
    Its higher than that...the liberal rags and media just play it down to make Mr. wheat thin look good.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

No, I posted the conclusions from the CBO study. I further posted a link to the study for those interested in the methodology and the raw data compiled and employed as ther basis of the study.
    Tootsie, the report basically describes itself as questionable. If you read it and cannot understand it, well dear I can't help you.
    Perhaps this portion of the report can help put those who no longer care to click on your links in a better position to understand the report:

Although CBO has examined data on output and
    employment during the period since ARRA’s enactment,
    those data are not as helpful in determining ARRA’s economic
    effects as might be supposed because isolating the
    effects would require knowing what path the economy
    would have taken in the absence of the law. Because that
    path cannot be observed, the new data add only limited
    information about ARRA’s impact.

You do realize that caveats are a normal component of any professional paper?
    Hell the numbers you posted have wild ranges.

Toots, the report cannot determine how many jobs would have existed without the stimulus money, and therefore the report cannot prove how many jobs were saved or created. You were responding to Robo's post where he said there is no proof of how many jobs were saved or created. You cited the CBO's report in your rebuttal, I guess as proof. It falls far short of proof to anyone who is not a complete moonbat.

My friend, from reading your posts, one can only conclude that your comments about the study and indeed most of your comments are motivated by your rabid ideological stance rather than any technical or academic knowledge you may possess.
    It is interesting that you would consider the stimulus a success given the current unemployment rate and dreadful economy. Maybe obama can hire everyone who is unemployed. I'm sure you would consider that also a success.

Rabid ideologue, geez toots, talk about the kettle calling the pot. What did you think of the surge in Iraq..? Failure right?
    Wrong about the stimulus, wrong about the surge. Funny how results don't matter with you moonbats.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Im just thinkin that your liberal disease may not be as advanced as I thought and that maybe...just maybe you had a brief flash of coherent thought like a bolt from the blue.

Like Dr. Frankenstein felt when his monster twitched.
    That's a good analogy. I can asuure you, I'm not as liberal as you think and probably more conservative than you could beliieve.

That's a good analogy. I can asuure you, I'm not as liberal as you think and probably more conservative than you could beliieve.
    I've always had faith in you ace that you would come around and become one of the "good old boys" Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I've always had faith in you ace that you would come around and become one of the "good old boys" Thank you, thank you very much
    i've got to turn in for the night, I need to ask you something . I'll sen you a message tomorrow.

The stimulus bill passed by Congress and signed by Obama has saved tens of thousands of jobs. The only problem is that the jobs saved are limited to presevering the status quo. State and local governments recieved the bulk of funds, preventing layoffs of first responders,i.e. police fire and paramedics. The stimulus also protected teachers and any other government workers in various services that we have become accustomed to.

Yes jobs were save , but so far non have been created.
    And that is something we did not do when we had our financial problems. Remember all those examples of socialized medicine and how it was failing Canadians that you boys used to denounce universal health care? (Not getting into the health care debate here but it gives weight to my next statement.)

Well the reasons for those wait lists and lack of doctors and nurses is our federal government made cuts to its expenditures, part being the transfers they gave to our provinces for health care. Because of the cuts our public sector took a big hit with layoffs, ended up with fewer teachers, doctors and nurses (A fair amount headed down south because of that.), others had their work week shortened to for days a week instead of getting laid off.

I would guess a fair amount of the money spent stopped you from going through the pain we went through. Whether that was a good thing or bad is debatable. If the money was not spent helping the States with their employees you would have ended up with more people on unemployment insurance (paying the money out and not getting work done for it.) and more people would have lost their houses depressing the market and the economy further than it was.

Whether it would have resulted in more of a downward spiral or resulted a greater level of navel gazing where you really look at what you can afford to loose or what not we can not say. I would say it is unrealistic to say the money spent did not have any effect. Whether it could have been spent more wisely is a different story.

Unemployment is 9.8%

Obama promised to bring unemployment below 8% if we gave him billions of dollars. We did, he lied, unemployment got worse.

Nothing to be uninformed about. There are more Americans without work today then there were before Obama took office and took billions of dollars that we now have to pay back.
    Lying usually implies deceiving people. Being wrong is not lying. That said he is not that good at getting things right. Could go after him for that but lying, I do not think so.

yes, that is an excellent site, with nice charts, but, the almost 800000 jobs created were saved government jobs.

bu
    y government , I mean, federal, state and local to include everything from DOT to education to civil service.
    I sleep easier at night knowing we have a Police force, Fire Department, hospitals and staff, emergency services, infrastructure construstion, and various other functions that would be crippled from job loss had not the ARRA program been enacted.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

I believe you are my age, missy.
    Chronologically yes, mentally you are elderly.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Unemployment is 9.8%

Obama promised to bring unemployment below 8% if we gave him billions of dollars. We did, he lied, unemployment got worse.
    The Bush economic nightmare was more pervasive that anyone could have anticipated. Unemployment and the economy would have been much worse without ARRA.

Nothing to be uninformed about. There are more Americans without work today then there were before Obama took office and took billions of dollars that we now have to pay back.
    See above

Chapman Cohen

I'm here to entertain you. Good to know it is so easy to do.
    Yes, some such as yourself are masters at making comical buffoons out of themselves.

And yes; creepy.
    See tinfoil hat.

Chapman Cohen

And yet we are closing in on 10% unemployment. Hmmmm
    Employment always lags recovery.

Are you not aware of this economic axiom?

Chapman Cohen

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast