dx9100 analog constants

I understand that an analog constant is a constant numeric value.
    We have GX programs where an Analog constant value is connected to the @PV process variable of a P.I.D. module.
    If for instance you have a analog constant of 74 and the local cooling setpoint for that P.I.D is 70 Degrees .
    won't the P.I.D module always have a 100% output,because it will get data that the temperature is always 74 Degrees

It seems that the module's output will only vary if the local setpoint is changed

There is one example where a maximum select module has two different analog constants connected to two of its @ inputs

It seems that it will always select the higher input,why bother with the second

All these control systems work very well
    I am just trying to understand them better

Thank you

Those ACOs could be written to from somewhere else...through GPL or some other supervisory program. A lot of times OA Temp or humidity could be sent to an ACO on a DX. See if that ACO changes over time. Your case wouldn't be OA temp though, since it's the PV.

max select module

Ive used the maximum select/ hi select module to run 8 common condensor fan motors on 1 vfd for low ambient control.

2 seperate dx systems air cooled in package rooftop unit.

I use the high select module to look at the two liquid line transducers and take the higher of the two and run the drive based on the highest liquid pressure.

this paticular unit is doing some discharge air temp control to load up 6 stages of mechanical cooling similar to using a W7100.

Allen

Yes I have found that
    setpoints are stored on PMK type points K=(constant)
    and AI points cannot be directly read from one DX by another DX .
    So the AI data is stored in ADF type points
    By making one ADF point (AI data) the master and by making another ACO module the slave point .Providing I mapped all the points on the Facilitator network,
    I am now able to use the AI data on one DX controller and have it read by another DX controller.
    I was confused by the word Constant,
    Members on this site have been very helpfull by E mailing me with GX programs .
    Email Address Removed
    I can use all of them

Thanks to everyone for the great help.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-17-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Email Address Removed

The GX 9100 programs are very instructive
    the five that
    I have received had the program modules Labeled
    Such as A comparator labeled "if O.A. Temp.< 68Deg"
    The contractors that installed our programs did not label anything.However they all work very well.
    Email Address Removed
    Thank you
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-17-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Hello,
    I am just learning DX programming myself and could use any help available. I have GX 9100 and would love more files to practice with.

Thank you all for your help!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by cleancondenser View Post
    The contractors that installed our programs did not label anything.However they all work very well.
    The labels do not download into the DX. So if your source code was an upload the labels are not there for anything. It can be difficult to figure out the code without any labels. The Labels are stored in the .DXS file on the computer that originally set the Dx up, if the original programmer typed them in. The labels can also be exported in a text file, which is sometimes an easier place to edit them. The text file has a .TAG extension.

Bill