Media then and now , you ain't gots to lie

one day i was watching TV and i see this fat liberal walking up to the camera waving a book in her hand, i said "oh brother, what now?"
    she wrote a book and dropped the bombshell that Jefferson fathered children with a slave.
    I knew it was BS from day one.

This society spent efforts pushing this piece of propaganda out of pure hate for one of the founders of modern freedom and they KNEW there wasn't any truth to it.
    ...I'm sure 60% of the nation still believes the story

Alleged mixed-race children

Jefferson is alleged to have had a long-term, intimate relationship with one of his slaves, Sally Hemings, who was believed to have been a half-sister to Jefferson's late wife. She had six children, four of whom survived to adulthood and were freed or allowed to escape by Jefferson. They were presumably seven-eighths white by ancestry.[116]

During the administration of President Jefferson allegations were initiated by former employee James T. Callender after being denied an appointment that Jefferson had fathered several children with Hemings after his wife's death. Late twentieth-century DNA testing indicated that a male in Jefferson's paternal line was the father of at least one of Sally Hemings's children but do not specifically identify Thomas Jefferson and the allegations remain unproven. Jefferson commented on the matter in a private letter in 1816:[117]

I should have fancied myself half guilty had I condescended to put pen to paper in refutation of their falsehoods, or drawn to them respect by any notice from myself.

Callender's original accusations may be suspect because of his avowed hatred for Jefferson; many of the "facts" he dished up are known to be false. One recently discovered document is a letter written by the nineteenth-century biographer Henry Randall, recounting a conversation between himself and Jefferson's oldest grandson, Thomas Jefferson Randolph. In this conversation Randolph confirmed what others close to the family had already disclosed: that Sally Hemings was actually the mistress of Jefferson's nephew Peter Carr, and that "their connection ...was perfectly notorious at Monticello." He also pointed out that "there was not the shadow of suspicion that Mr. Jefferson in this or any other instance had commerce with female slaves."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

James Callender (1758 – July 17, 1803) was a political pamphleteer and newspaper writer who initiated controversies in his native Scotland and the United States.

Out of jail, seeking less controversial and more stable employment, Callender asked Jefferson to appoint him Postmaster of Richmond, Virginia, warning that if Jefferson did not, there would be consequences. Callender believed erroneously that Jefferson was conspiring to deprive him of money owed to him by the government after the pardon, and that Jefferson was insufficiently appreciative of the sacrifices he had made on his behalf. Jefferson refused to make the appointment: placing the ill-tempered Callender in a position of authority in the Federalist stronghold of Richmond would have been, in the words of Jefferson biographer R.B. Bernstein, "like whacking a hornet's nest with a stick."[14]

Callender's reporting on the Jefferson - Hemings relationship was infused with an exaggeratedly racist rhetoric

...plus there's that nagging fact that the children inherited the land of Jefferson's relative

Knowing more of the facts might explain why Callender grew to hate Jefferson. Callender helped Jefferson win the presidency, went to jail and got nothing for his efforts.

"Thomas Jefferson, impressed with Callender's attack on Hamilton, and eager to create a counterforce to the Federalist press, sought to use Callendar's talents against John Adams. Subsequent to meeting him in Philadelphia, Jefferson financially supported Callender and provided feedback on early proofs of Callender's anti-Federalist pamphlet The Prospect Before Us. Prior to the publication of the pamphlet, Callender was compelled to flee on foot from Philadelphia to Virginia, finding temporary refuge at the plantation of Senator Stevens Thomas Mason.

In Virginia, he completed The Prospect Before Us, whose subject was the pervasiveness of political corruption, particularly among Federalists and the Adams administration. His populist style had his targets permanently on the defensive. In June 1800, in retaliation for The Prospect, Callender was prosecuted under the Sedition Act by the Adams administration. His trial was presided over by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase, who was later impeached, in part due to his handing of the Callender trial. Callender was fined $200 and received the longest jail term of the journalists who had been prosecuted under the Sedition Act. He was released on the last day of the Adams administration, in March 1801. After his release, Callender and the others who had been prosecuted were pardoned by the new president, Thomas Jefferson."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_T._Callender

I would suggest you read a little further about the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings. The supposition that Jefferson fathered children with Hemings hardly caused a stir even back then.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I would suggest you read a little further about the relationship between Jefferson and Hemmings.
    i have.
    thank you.

The supposition that Jefferson fathered children with Hemmings hardly caused a stir even back then.
    especially since it was common of the British press to accuse American leaders of having relationships with ...day laborers.
    (something else they forgot to mention)

Why do you think Sally Hemings returned from France with Jefferson? Maybe she was one dedicated "day laborer."
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Actually...we will never know if Jefferson fathered any kids with Hemmings....who was probably more of a creole than a black woman...

Today..she probably wouldnt be recognized as being black....she was probably less black than carol channing.... but her family history and the early neanderthal and savage culture in america made her just as black as some coal black spook fresh off the boat from africa.

But then again.....Id say Jefferson probably did father a few kids....and more than likely with some coal black female slaves.... Hoods across america are probably full of the founding fathers descendants.

Back then it was pretty common to take advantage of female slaves....both for pleasure and as an investment for the future what with the offspring being considered saleable chattle....

No biggie.... those folks back then were nothing but savages...enslaving people...child labor......killing "savage" women and children were all just accepted parts of that culture.

But...like I said... it was acceptable behavior in the culture of that time....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN