Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would think twice before spending thart kind of money.

I have bought one a ridgid [ biggest pos even manufactured] mostl;y i use my impacts and occasionaly a drill.

Ridgid anything cordless is trash, period.

Speak to any shop in your town and ask them which cordless drill they work on the most for warranty.

These guys talked me into buying the small 12 volt bosh impact, and as much as i try i cant dislike it.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

For small cordless drills, we have had the most luck with the little milwaukee drills. They are great for tight places. The Bosch version is the exact same drill. For big hammer drills, we have tried lots of brands and eventually settled with the Milwaukee. Cordless saws goes to DeWalt. We really haven't found any big sawzalls or anything of the like that will hold a charge very long. The DeWalt seems to have the longest battery life, but breaks faster. The Milwaukee last longer, but has terrible batteries. For this reason, we get the DeWalt and just have the guts rebuilt when they break.

Makita, 18V Li-on. No question. I have a full set of them, including the bandsaw and sds hammerdrill. They all work great. The bandsaw cuts just as well as the Milwaukee corded bandsaw. We have cut up to six inch steel pipe and lots of 1/4" angle with it. Cuts through them like butter. The sds drill proved it's worth when we had to drill a lot of 1/2" holes in a deck 16" off the ground. It clearly worked better than the big Bosch corded hammer we had been using and much more conveniently when you are constantly moving around in a lift.

The recip saw also works every bit as good as any corded sawzall I have ever seen. The 1/2" drill/hammerdrill is very good, too. But the 1/4" impact driver is simply great. One of my all time favorite tools, as well a for anyone I ever let use it. Several went and bought one. All the Makita tools have very good ergonomic design and are well balanced, but especially the impact. It's also great for taking tire lug nuts off and on. Oh, I have socket adapters for it and use it for most of my socket work, too. With a really long extension it is great for taking compressor bolts on and off.

I also have a fluorescent work light and radio. The light is my other favorite tool, as it is very bright, as a good hook to hang from and the battery lasts about six hours. Use it all the time. The radio has very good sound and an excellent tuner; not as good as the big Bosch radio, but I couldn't fit the Bosch in my truck whereas the much smaller Makita fits in nicely. Oh yeah, the 4" grinder works just as well as any corded grinder also, but it really does eat up batteries. However, with 5 batteries and 2 chargers I never run out.

Yes, it cost a lot, but I have the functionality of top quality corded tools with the convenience of batteries. I have them for over three years now and the batteries are still going strong. Their spiel about their microelectronic batteries and smart chargers is no bull****. The do charge in 30 minutes or less; usually less.

And in the interest of full disclosure neither I nor any member of my family works for Makita nor to the best of my knowledge owns any stock in Makita. I just did my homework before buying.

There were a few guys on here talking about the bosch 12 volt little mini impacts.
    Everyone said they loved them.
    I thought , i dont want some little 12 volt mini impact in my pouch since it wouldnt be as powerful as a normal size one,,,,,wwwrrroooonngggg.

I bought this about 3 weeks ago and im still on my first itsy bitsy battery, i got one for free when i bought it.
    Things actually very impressive.
    Even if it looks like fisher price made it.
    http://www.boschtools.com/products/t...px?pid=ps40-2a
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

just got the second generation bosch PS41-2A Impactor

Beyond happy,, Tested on pipe, wood, and sheet metal like butter.

I'll get back for battery usage,, can't be that bad comes with 2 30 minute batteries.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...px?pid=PS41-2A

I'm kind of prejudiced about my Milwaukees but I have seen the Makita and they perform very well. I'm not sure who makes the best but I really like my 18 volt Li-on Milwaukee. I've had some issues with the impact driver. I've got a Panasonic metal cutting circular saw that works great except the batteries seem to go dead far to quick. The new lithium batts are the best!! As for a hammer drill, if I can possibly get a cord run I'll go for my Bosch corded hammer drill every time!!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Wendo I love your Avatar.

Taa Daa!

It's Hammer Time!

I am a Mikita lover!

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MAK...NL4?Pid=search

Pros
    1.) Lightweight
    2.) Battery recharges in 15 mins
    3.) Has a built in light. I didn't think it would be handy at first but it is.
    4.) Very small
    5.) well balanced
    6.) Very fast! I got a small bag with a metal clasp to lock it on my belt and filled it with all the bits I need.
    Cons
    The carrying case strip doesn't take weight very well.

I use the Milwaukee M12. I like the light weight and fit in my hands. So far has handled everything that I've needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tinmarine View Post
    Quite honestly, I haven't found a hammerdrill or sawzall that are worth a damn that's cordless. Only good a cordless sawzall is good for is cutting PVC and tree limbs, and hammerdrills are useless. I have Dewalt cordless hammerdrills and sawzalls and used different brands, use your money to spring for the cordless impacts.
    If it shot 5.25 or 7.62 rounds would it interest you?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixinthangz View Post
    I have the hammer drill, grinder, and the impact driver. I am very impressed with all of them. The impact driver is a work horse. I drove 1/2" lag bolts to secure an 06D to the pallet for return. It did not even strain. I used it for 2 weeks after that before it needed to be recharged.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast