Best cordless hammer drill/impact driver/sawzall combo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mad666max View Post
    found one on ebay : milwaukee 2692 but its almost the same price as the big stores...i also found this one : dewalt 3 tool xrp nicad i would have liked the li ion batteries but the price seems to be ok and they look good, what you think?
    The milwaukee kit looks good but I have no experience with those newer skinner li-ion batteries. The description on that ebay site says it comes with a circular saw too so I would ask the seller because then it's a 5 tool kit. and that model kit on the milwaukee site doesn't show it coming with a circ. saw. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ool+Combo+Kits

The dewalt batteries are crap so if you are picking between those two I would buy the milwaukee.

I would buy this, http://cgi.ebay.com/Makita-LXT407-18...item483bf85381

The tools you want, free shipping, 30 minute charge time, and a coupon for a FREE TOOL!

If you need a saw for tight spaces and you buy the Milwaukee kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-18V-Co...item5adbb7697f

If you don't:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

I have the 12v Hackzall and it eats through all three batteries. The 12XC battery was the quick answer for that problem IMHO. The 18v version is about 1/3 bigger but the motor is much more capable.

If you buy a different kit, the Ridged saw is very capable. I beat the hell out of mine for 6 months before I had to take it in for service. Repairs were free, but a part was backordered for a month.

If it works well for you, that's the one you should use, far be it from me to throw rocks at your craftsman tools. Thanks for the accurate information. I'm glad you have had good luck with their high end stuff. Panasonic makes some really good cordless tools also, they are not cheap though. You're a smart guy, you will figure it out!
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

anyone know what the green circle by my name is for?

It tells everyone that you are online right now.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

bought the 3 tools dewalt combo, looks pretty good to me, little heavy because of the nicad batteries but oh well, best deal i found. yes the ebay deal was good, but im in canada, so 449 in us transfered in cad + 75$ shipping and customs...

I currently have a milwaukee v-28 set very good
    its a real animal

That said I would not discount plug in tools either
    when I ran my shop we had makita cordless drills for duct work and light stuff and plug in corded tools for heavy stuff

Has that changed in this day and age?
    Due to the marketing of cordless tools? Probably
    Customer preference etc
    Everybody wants a cordless tools! but is it really a necessity?
    In some scenario or situation maybe
    It depends on personal preference really and what you have to do

But remember batteries will wear out they aren't cheap either.
    In the end personal choice prevails

I got a Rigid set 4 years ago. came with a life time warranty on every thing including the battery's. i had the trigger switch on the impact driver go out. i sent it in and they reconditioned the whole drill. pretty sweet. its pretty rugged I would not go with any thing else.
    Air conditioning to all and to all a good night

Quote Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
    I currently have a milwaukee v-28 set very good
    its a real animal

That said I would not discount plug in tools either
    when I ran my shop we had makita cordless drills for duct work and light stuff and plug in corded tools for heavy stuff

Has that changed in this day and age?
    Due to the marketing of cordless tools? Probably
    Customer preference etc
    Everybody wants a cordless tools! but is it really a necessity?
    In some scenario or situation maybe
    It depends on personal preference really and what you have to do

But remember batteries will wear out they aren't cheap either.
    In the end personal choice prevails
    I agree with you on this. Drills/impact drivers need to be cordless, slim batteries are a great option to save weight while keeping the power up. Makita and Milwaukee both give this option so you may or may not need a sub-compact set.

Saws need big batteries or cords. I haven't used my cordless sawzall in about a year but I use my cordless circular to cut 2x4's in the back of my truck to keep sawdust under control. I've been a bit disappointed with my 12 Hackzall's batteries. Buying the bigger batteries isn't an option right now.

Cordless grinders and roto hammers just seem weak to me.

My Vote.... Makita 18volt Li-Ion Set is very high quality and very reliable..

My Makita Li-Ion 18v impacat driver has never let me down, always has battery when I pull it out of the truck, the battery takes 30 min to charge. I have a dewalt 4piece set it seems the battery's never have any charge I am always charging batteries. I just saw a good deal over at amazon for the milwaukee Li-Ion slim battery 2 piece combo (impact and drill) for around 200 bucks. I am thinking of picking that up for the service car and getting me a makita Li-Ion combo piece for personal use.

I have 3 makita impact drivers. They ate the best thing ever invented. It works awsome for sheet metal screws, and its got a LED light so you can see where the screw has to go. I use the light on the drill for everything. It stays on for a little while after you ar off the trigger.

I'm not a fan of jap crap, but I love this tool.
    Also I found the makita florescent light, that takes the same batteries. works great for quick service work in a dark basement!

Most of my cordless tools have always been Dewalt and they have always worked decent for me but I can usually count on not having much charge in them when I go to put any in use. About a year ago I found a clearance on a Makita LiOn drill driver and I fell in love with the quality and not having to always have a spare battery on charge in the van. I have since been buying nothing but Makita 18v Lion stuff. As a matter of fact I just picked up a Makita 18V Lion impact driver and hammer drill combo yesterday.

The last time I had a makita cordless tool had to be over 20 years ago, I think it was one of the first cordless drills out a 7.2 or 9.2 volts.

Well that is where I stand, I do feel Dewalt may still be very popular and a good tool but just isn't cut up to the quality it was once known for and, so far Makita has been impressing the hell out of me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast