Best cordless hammer drill/impact driver/sawzall combo?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Best cordless hammer drill/impact driver/sawzall combo?

Hello, i'm looking to buy a 4 tool combo, i like the milwaukee, dewalt, makita and bosch

i know bosch and makita i wrote are not 4 tools but...i dont like their 4 tool packages...anyway i guess the big fight is between dewalt and milwaukee?

what's your favorite? any other suggestions?

Quite honestly, I haven't found a hammerdrill or sawzall that are worth a damn that's cordless. Only good a cordless sawzall is good for is cutting PVC and tree limbs, and hammerdrills are useless. I have Dewalt cordless hammerdrills and sawzalls and used different brands, use your money to spring for the cordless impacts.
    Jim

I have the Dewalt suitcase 4-piece kit that came with the circular saw and I bought the 1/4" impact driver separately. I don’t know if I’d want to be on a job without any of them as they have been that much of a time saver for the type of work I have done over the years.
    Mine have the 18V XRP NiCads, but I have heard some mixed reviews about the new Li-Ion batteries. Some guys love them while others say they aren’t worth the extra expense. Maybe someone else can comment on those.

i have a milwaukee 24volt set thats a year old, best set i ever head. i used to be in construction and used every set out there. the milwaukee is by far the best i used, even the hammer drill, and it has a 5 year warranty including batteries

the milwaukee v18 lithium-ion impact and hammer-drill combo are very good.The batteries are the best.I will not buy anymore dewalt, because the batteries suck. go with the milwaaukee or makita.

Really think about what you need your equipment to do. I think your choices are really between Makita and Milwaukee. I would find out who has a closer warranty service center if you ever need it.

Dewalt is crap but everyone seems to have a battery handy if you need one. I think you pay too much for what you get, batteries too long to charge, and die quickly.

Makita has the fastest claimed charge times for batteries. Important info if you're a service tech. I always see guys using their impact drivers. Their 4 piece kits usually come with a coupon for a free tool so your circ saw becomes a freebie.

Milwaukee tools are durable and I've have very fast turnaround for warranty repairs, can't say the same for Ridgid. My Nicad stuff has taken a beating but still ticking. I was given a drill/sawzall M18 combo but I'm saving until the nicad stuff dies, might be awhile. The cordless sawzall I would sell and get a 18v Hackzall for tight spaces. They claim 1 hr charge time still for the Li-ion batteries but your experience may vary.

i do almost everything, instalation and service, so impact driver is a good thing to have to open pannels and tight some stuff, hammer drill is good to install clips in concrete wall, i wont use it for big holes. sawzall will be for small cutting jobs when i dont want to take an extension cord for a couple cuts and the light will be usefull for when i have to work for a long time in a dark place so i dont waste my 123a batteries in my surefire g2

Makita, remember they have been the leader in cordless for years.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

RIDGID. home depot had a great deals on 6 tools set. I paid $560 and got all of those plus worklights and radio and 3 batteries.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

What about Craftsman? I have the craftsman 19.2volt ni-cad impact driver and drill combo (99$ sears.com) and I have had it for about 5 years and it has taken a beating. I swear by it. Still use the original 2 batteries that came with the kit. The impact driver lasted me 2 weeks without charging the battery using it every day for about 50 5/16 self tap and 50 2 inch sheetrock screws into wood per day. The batteries last 10x longer than my dewalt 18volt xrp's (got rid of the whole kit after i was only able to get a few 2x4 cuts out of the sawzall per battery charge and if you were trying to use a holesaw or forstner bit you would go though 3 batteries)

I have a milwaukee 4 piece combo (drill, impact driver, sawsall and light) with the 18v li-ion fatter batteries not the newer skinny li-ion batts) I have no qualms against the quality of the tools. The batteries are OK except one of the batteries on it's 3rd charge died completely on me. No idea why. The batteries still don't compare to the craftsman 19.2v ni-cad though. Milwaukee makes great stuff but don't forget about craftsman. (If you're going Milwaukee I would go ebay too.)

I don't have any experience with bosch other than their stuff being overpriced.

I have used some OLDER makita stuff. None of their new stuff. I think the quality of most of the tools is all pretty damn good. It ALL comes down to battery life/strength/weight/durability.

found one on ebay : milwaukee 2692 but its almost the same price as the big stores...i also found this one : dewalt 3 tool xrp nicad i would have liked the li ion batteries but the price seems to be ok and they look good, what you think?

If you like RYOBI then buy RYOBI cause that is who makes Craftsman. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but some guys want the best. When I'm on a rooftop covered with gaspacks and I have to finish today the last thing I want is for my cordless tool battery to give up. My Makita never let me down. Like my Grandmother used to say "SOME LIVE AND LEARN, SOME JUST LIVE". There are a lot of people out there that never figure it out. THE GOOD ONE ISN'T CHEAP AND THE CHEAP ONE ISN'T GOOD.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bee View Post
    If you like RYOBI then buy RYOBI cause that is who makes Craftsman. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but some guys want the best. When I'm on a rooftop covered with gaspacks and I have to finish today the last thing I want is for my cordless tool battery to give up. My Makita never let me down. Like my Grandmother used to say "SOME LIVE AND LEARN, SOME JUST LIVE". There are a lot of people out there that never figure it out. THE GOOD ONE ISN'T CHEAP AND THE CHEAP ONE ISN'T GOOD.
    If that's the case I guess Milwaukee is junk too because they are all made by the same company. http://www.ttigroup.com Like I said, if you are doing really heavy duty work like using a hammer drill all day everyday then you would want to look at more specialized companies like Hilti. But for basic drill driving or boring holes... it comes down to the battery and the BIT not JUST the tool itself.

Dewalt also owns Black and Decker. Are you saying those two are equal?
    Last edited by hvacpimpin; 09-04-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: my brain is shot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast