400 Tons of EXPLOSIVES Missing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I had to start this thread before reading a lib’s wild accusations and their version about how this would have never happened if a democrat had been running this war.

NEWSFLASH:

There is NO perfect war. Every day is different, every week is different and every enemy is different. There is NO book anywhere on how to win a particular war before you go in.

DEAL WITH IT

Originally posted by madeinusa
    There is NO book anywhere on how to win a particular war before you go in.

DEAL WITH IT

Bull****.
    You think Patton would have let that happen?

No offense collin, but Patton would move so fast that he couldn't stop everything, everytime. Patton was such a problem at times that his command was removed from him on more than one occasion. Ironicly, he is a hero with no equal, amazing how history writes itself.

With the Shrub in charge it doesn’t surprise me at all. Hey anybody see George? Ya, he’s hiding in Alabama.

news reports say much of what they found was destroyed early in the war.

the particular site they mentioned where the 'goods' were supposed to be and tagged, were not there (the tagged ones that it)

Originally posted by johnl45
    With the Shrub in charge it doesn’t surprise me at all. Hey anybody see George? Ya, he’s hiding in Alabama.

That's funny john, hey! ever hear this one?
    How does John Kerry avoid situations like this? yea! you guessed it, he just doesn't get involved.
    Now, who wants a president that is too chicken to fight the fight? apparently you do.
    Kerry came home after 4 months in-country with a paper cut, or a headache, and you idealize this guy, oy!

I don't really care about the politics of the situation

It just truly saddens me to think those munitions could be used against American soldiers.

Originally posted by bobby7388
    Now, who wants a president that is too chicken to fight the fight?
    With all due respect, at least Kerry knows what it is like to fight in a war.

I think it is a shame that a person that defended our country can have his honorable record dragged through the mud all in the name of politics.

Regardless of how people feel about his record, the point remains he was there...it shouldnt even be in quesstion.

I have great respect for anybody that serves, I think it is a disgrace to try and dis credit anybodys service to this country.

Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by hvac r us 2

I think it is a shame that a person that defended our country can have his honorable record dragged through the mud all in the name of politics.

Regardless of how people feel about his record, the point remains he was there...it shouldnt even be in quesstion.

I have great respect for anybody that serves, I think it is a disgrace to try and dis credit anybodys service to this country.

================================================== =========

Yeah. Like he knows how to hunt geese. He got the front of his cammies dirty sneaking up on the geese. What?!! Sneaking up on geese? Then he didn't haul his own kill out. And he claims to be a big time hunter. They take a posed pic of him and he has his finger inside the trigger guard. And the weapon is one that was banned!

The point is, it's all for show. There's not a substantive bone in the dude's body. He is a total fake. I repeat...he wouldn't make a good pimple on the President's butt.

No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by hvac r us 2

That, in and by itself does not mean anything.
    First and foremost he opened this pandoras box by trying to run on just what you said, follow me, I've been there, and oh! don't mind what i did when I got back.

You know.... that lends to his character, he didn't go serve then come home and go about his business, he had motive, suspicious motive.
    The guy you hold so high as a great man threw his medals/ribbons over a fence to create publicity, all in the mean time spitting in face of the vets that served with honor. He is in a Vietnam memorial as a war hero, for who you say? the communist regime.
    Please, don't try that honor routine, it just doesn't fly, all because of what he did, only him.

Open your eyes, you'd be surprised what you'll see.

And Kerry is finally going to talk to the Press. Kattie on the Today Show.LOL

News Flash. The explosives were gone before we got there.

NBCNEWS: HUGE CACHE OF EXPLOSIVES VANISHED FROM SITE IN IRAQ -- AT LEAST 18 MONTHS AGO -- BEFORE TROOPS ARRIVED

The NYTIMES urgently reported on Monday in an apprent October Surprise: The Iraqi interim government has warned the United States and international nuclear inspectors that nearly 380 tons of powerful conventional explosives are now missing from one of Iraq's most sensitive former military installations.

Jumping on the TIMES exclusive, Dem presidential candidate John Kerry blasted the Bush administration for its failure to "guard those stockpiles."

"This is one of the great blunders of Iraq, one of the great blunders of this administration," Kerry said.

In an election week rush:

**ABCNEWS Mentioned The Iraq Explosives Depot At Least 4 Times
    **CBSNEWS Mentioned The Iraq Explosives Depot At Least 7 Times
    **MSNBC Mentioned The Iraq Explosives Depot At Least 37 Times
    **CNN Mentioned The Iraq Explosives Depot At Least 50 Times

But tonight, NBCNEWS reported: The 380 tons of powerful conventional explosives were already missing back in April 10, 2003 -- when U.S. troops arrived at the installation south of Baghdad!

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the HMX and RDX explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived.

The TIMES left the impression the weapons site had been looted of its explosives recently, and since Iraq has been under US control.

The TIMES reported: "The huge facility, called Al Qaqaa, was supposed to be under American military control but is now a no man's land, still picked over by looters as recently as Sunday."

[In a fresh Page One story set for Tuesday on the matter, the TIMES once again omits any reference to troops not finding any explosives at the site when they arrived in April of 2003. Attempts to reach managing editor Jill Abramson late Monday were unsuccessful.]

"The U.S. Army was at the site one day after the liberation and the weapons were already gone," a top Republican blasted from Washington late Monday.

The International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors last saw the explosives in January 2003 when they took an inventory and placed fresh seals on the bunkers.

Dem vp hopeful John Edwards blasted Bush for not securing the explosives: "It is reckless and irresponsible to fail to protect and safeguard one of the largest weapons sites in the country. And by either ignoring these mistakes or being clueless about them, George Bush has failed. He has failed as our commander in chief; he has failed as president."

A senior Bush official e-mailed DRUDGE late Monday: "Let me get this straight, are Mr. Kerry and Mr. Edwards now saying we did not go into Iraq soon enough? We should have invaded and liberated Iraq sooner?"

Top Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart fired back Monday night: "In a shameless attempt to cover up its failure to secure 380 tons of highly explosive material in Iraq, the White House is desperately flailing in an effort to escape blame. Instead of distorting John Kerry’s words, the Bush campaign is now falsely and deliberately twisting the reports of journalists. It is the latest pathetic excuse from an administration that never admits a mistake, no matter how disastrous."

[Edited by James 3528 on 10-26-2004 at 12:42 AM]

NAAAWWWWWW! You mean K lied! AGAIN!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen
    NAAAWWWWWW! You mean K lied! AGAIN!
    Just another "Dan Rather" type of shake up right before the election!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast