Thumbs up

Biblical References for Today's Pressing Social Issues

Abortion/Life of the Unborn
    Psalm 139: 13-16 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
    When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes sad my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
    Proverbs 24:11,12 11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughters 12 If you say ''But we knew nothing about this, '' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

Abstinence
    1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
    Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality or of any kind of impurity or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Marriage
    Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Homosexuality
    Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
    Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
    1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived.. Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders donor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers : will inherit the kingdom of God.

Parental Involvement in Education
    Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
    Deuteronomy 6:6-7 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
    7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Taxation
    1 Samuel 8:10-18 10 Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, ''This is what the king who will reign over you will do . . . 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. 1 7 He will take a tenth of your flocks and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day. ''
    Christian Responsibility '

James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Abortion
    Also Psalm 15 and in particular v. 5b "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on Your holy hill?...and does not take a bribe against the innocent."

If one promises a better paycheck and the other stands against abortion, and you choose to satnd behind the guy promising the better paycheck, you are accepting a bribe against the innocent.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Tell me, how many christians live by biblical principles, let alone believe the bible?

I say, anyone who calls themselves a christian should vote conservatively; all others who vote otherwise and say they are a christian are really not!

There are many two faced folks in this world, what else is new?

"How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal(anyone who is anti-Christ), then follow him." - IKings 18:21

Thanks for your Biblical references for today pressing needs. Hopefully more so called christians will take heed to the bible, not man and his utopia!

Right-wing extremist would like to make everyone believe as you. Thankfully we have religious freedom and separation of church and state in this country so you can choose to believe or not believe.

Johnnie-boy, I bet you're the most blissful person in history.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

John45
    You simply misunderstand.
    Are you a christian? if not don't worry!
    I was talking to the so-called christians. Were you offended?

Thankfully we have religious freedom and separation of church and state in this country so you can choose to believe or not believe.

Thankfully we have religious freedom otherwise i could be put in jail.
    I would ask anyone to show me what separation of church and state actually means. I see that many liberals simply misunderstand and misused this phrase.

Thank you all for your input.

Guys, my head must be in lala land. I happen to believe that most of us here on this forum community are fine people.
    But whenever I share my view of something and there is little or no support ... I get the impression that some people here just dont care about the truth!

Specifically I am talking about the ozone issue.

I know it is not as big an issue as salvation. But the mere fact that so many here are deluded into believing lies ... it makes may heart break.

The evil one is subtle. He is not right out there in your face.
    His lies begin small and move upwards slowly. Like a cancer.

I wish people made more of an issue out of right from wrong.
    Instead of just relying upon others to make up their own minds FOR THEM!

I guess it is just a weakness to want to view everyone here as being honest and truthful. And that they all want that for everyone else, no matter what it costs them.
    Pride, or time or money or position.

Originally posted by johnl45
    Right-wing extremist would like to make everyone believe as you. Thankfully we have religious freedom and separation of church and state in this country so you can choose to believe or not believe.
    You are an extreme idiot.

I don't give a $hit what the bible says. 'abortion' is nothing less than killing and if you don't believe it is, you are a bigger idiot than first thought!

Originally posted by cehs

Abstinence
    1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
    Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality or of any kind of impurity or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

So does that mean masturbation is out?

Originally posted by Collin
    Originally posted by cehs

Abstinence

So does that mean masturbation is out?
    ================================================== =========

See! You can understand Scripture!

Proud member of KA Club

Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.