Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clamp on meter

I am a hvac student right now, i'm graduating soon and would like to know what are some of the better clamp-on meters to go into the field with that are good but not too expensive, the one I bought at school is not to good and would like advice on the subject thanks

http://www.fluke.com

http://www.fieldpiece.com <------ A very good choice, it does everything
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Fluke

Fieldpiece

Amprobe

Stay away from EUI-gui.... what's it called ....?...(uei)

Do not buy a cheap meter tool!!!

We have guys here testing meters all the time.
    One here, who shall remain nameless to protect his side-kick .... he actually runs a burial ground for broken uei meters.

You cannot afford to place your life and that of those around you ... on a cheap meter!
    Safety is numero uno around this trade!!!

Welcome .... (you got NO IDEA what you've gotten yourself into.....)

Originally posted by R12rules
    Fluke

Fieldpiece

Amprobe

One here, who shall remain nameless to protect his side-kick .... he actually runs a burial ground for broken uei meters.

You cannot afford to place your life and that of those around you ... on a cheap meter!

come on now uei does have it's place.I have one that I use ....at the foundry,the powdered lime company,the plating company,& anyplace elese I do not care to bring my good meter!lol
    Take your time & do it right!

Originally posted by markwolf
    [B]

come on now uei does have it's place.I have one that I use ....at the foundry,the powdered lime company,the plating company,& anyplace elese I do not care to bring my good meter!lol
    When it comes time to say "Good Bye" to your old uei ... you will assuredly want to make it's transition into the next life as comfortable as possible.
    Philly Meter Grounds will be more than happy to accept the responsibility for digging the plot and dropping the sucka in... THE GROUND THAT IS!!! ......

Philly Meter Grounds takes exceptional pride in their work.

They first verify that your old uei meter is truly defunct!
    This requires they subject your old uei meter to torture tests never before given to meters.
    Next is the dis-assemble stage of testing.

Once your old defunct and tortured uei meter has been taken down to component level ..... each piece is labeled and then buried.

Flowers are optional.

No Monday visits to the sites.

Lawn care is handled inhouse.

Some guys are wise enough to send their uei meters in BEFORE they go bad and cost someone an arm or a leg.... you be the judge as to when you wish to send down your uei meter.

I think dice has a strap on......

Oh, You said METER......

Nevermind.

Originally posted by woowoo
    I think dice has a strap on......

Oh, You said METER......

Nevermind.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Fluke

Fieldpiece

Amprobe

Only use I've found for them is to stick under the heel of the truck when parked on a hill, to keep it from rolling...

lol too funny dave!I was thinking about getting a tpi thermometer for nasty enviroments too.That way I can leave my fluke on the truck.My biggest problem with it is the fact that I almost always go to work on something like a degreaser oven at the piston ring plant only to go to the next call at the bakery or some ladies house with ghost white carpets etc.I like my nice tools to stay clean & nice.I would much rather take a crappy tool to a crappy environment!
    Take your time & do it right!

lol too funny dave!I was thinking about getting a tpi thermometer for nasty enviroments too.That way I can leave my fluke on the truck.My biggest problem with it is the fact that I almost always go to work on something like a degreaser oven at the piston ring plant only to go to the next call at the bakery or some ladies house with ghost white carpets etc.I like my nice tools to stay clean & nice.I would much rather take a crappy tool to a crappy environment!

stick it in a zip lock bag and stick the leads out. Use small wire ties to secure the holes where the leads poke thru.

It's not the quality of the meter it's the quality of the technician.

met33,

When I couldn't afford better, I made really good use of a UEI clamp-on. It had A/C and D/C voltage and current scales.

I still have my Sperry analog clamp-on I bought at the Home Depot for $50 and has served me well. It is a good backup for my high dollar Fluke meters. It has started up many $100,000 custom HVAC systems.

I agree with freezestat. I have bought a few meters, some more expensive than others, but expierence makes them all equally usefull.

Cool

Originally posted by mets33
    I am a hvac student right now, i'm graduating soon and would like to know what are some of the better clamp-on meters to go into the field with that are good but not too expensive, the one I bought at school is not to good and would like advice on the subject thanks
    I like my fieldpiece. It does all the normal stuff, and also farads, so I could throw away my cappy and saves me trips out to the truck. Also, you can get an extra electronic handle and leave the amp thingy attached to it so you can check amps and volts at the same time.
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast