Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For Glenn and his friends....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaRz-3DYV7c

Hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend......
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaRz-3DYV7c

Hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend......
    Appreciate that. I have one for you and your buddies by the greatest. Hey I've never been a Beatles' fan. Hope you all straighten out there. and you have a great weekend yourself. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TECCHX3RROk
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Elvis was a great entertainer, but the Beatles were a great influence on music as a band and as individuals. Hey, Bulldog was one of those songs that was not promoted for what it was really worth.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Elvis was a great entertainer, but the Beatles were a great influence on music as a band and as individuals. Hey, Bulldog was one of those songs that was not promoted for what it was really worth.
    Really, who launched rock & roll across the country in 56? It was Elvis. I was a teenager at the time in in Tn and that was the first rock & roll music we heard. Heck the Beatles said that they got into rock & roll after hearing Elvis. He had 29 records make the top of the charts vs 22 for the Beatles. Well they did have a great influence with getting music glorifying drugs; marijuana, LSD, etc. popular and the illegal drug epidemic started in the US so you could say they did have a great influence in that. Sorry robo but in my opinion they had a very negative influence on America. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.valdosta.edu/~dlscott/elvis/elvis.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...or-the-beatles
    Last edited by glennac; 08-28-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Elvis was one of the people that got the ball rolling the Beatles did much more in terms of song craft and influencing rock/pop that we hear today.

Kind of funny though those promoters of recreational drugs seemed to understand moderation and other than one being shot are still with us.

Um...George has left the building too.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Elvis was one of the people that got the ball rolling the Beatles did much more in terms of song craft and influencing rock/pop that we hear today.

Kind of funny though those promoters of recreational drugs seemed to understand moderation and other than one being shot are still with us.
    But the point is that they promoted it and got it started with all the misery we see today. That they are alive is no excuse for what havoc they helped bring to your and our country and the whole world. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    But the point is that they promoted it and got it started with all the misery we see today. That they are alive is no excuse for what havoc they helped bring to your and our country and the whole world. Thank you, thank you very much
    I would think that was the direction popular culture was going and they just caught the wave. Got to remember they were squeaky clean before they got to America.

I would think that was the direction popular culture was going and they just caught the wave. Got to remember they were squeaky clean before they got to America.
    I would have to agree with this.

The Beatles were a great band..no doubt about it....still a bunch of commie hippies they turned out to be, for the exception of George. Georgy was more into the eastern zen...Coolwhip likes eastern philosophy.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Hey America wasn't in the drug culture then. Because they met one dude in NYC who was into it didn't mean that they got it from "America". They took to it and did their best to start the drug revolution here and around the world. Let's get real and honest here. There wasn't a "problem" to speak of until they started pushing it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 08-28-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Barry Goldwater

Hey America wasn't in the drug culture then. Because they met one dude in NYC who was into it didn't mean that they got it from "America". They took to it and did their best to start the drug revolution here and around the world. Let's get real and honest here. There wasn't a "problem" to speak of until they started pushing it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Look into your 'Black' music history for drug use. Yes it was here before the Beatles.

Really, who launched rock & roll across the country in 56? It was Elvis. I was a teenager at the time in in Tn and that was the first rock & roll music we heard. Heck the Beatles said that they got into rock & roll after hearing Elvis. He had 29 records make the top of the charts vs 22 for the Beatles. Well they did have a great influence with getting music glorifying drugs; marijuana, LSD, etc. popular and the illegal drug epidemic started in the US so you could say they did have a great influence in that. Sorry robo but in my opinion they had a very negative influence on America. Thank you, thank you very much

http://www.valdosta.edu/~dlscott/elvis/elvis.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...or-the-beatles
    Elvis was a drug addict. He died of an overdose taking a dump while eating a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. I was stunned and saddened when I heard the news.

His music was very influential and really allowed white Americans to hear, for the firs time, the really great Black Southern R&B music that influenced Elvis.

The argument of who was more popular Elvis or the Beatles is silly. The Beatles represented a changing of the guard. They pioneered new sounds that were picked up by the Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Zappa, The Band, and many others. Everyone of the groups and many ,many more were influenced By Elvis, and many of his contemporaries. Not a lot of time to get into pop music history of the 1950's-2010's in a short post. There is a lot of history I am leaving out.

The Beatles did not have a negative influence on this country. No music influences any society. It is a product of the culture. It was as true now as it was when Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Saint-Sans, Telleman, Stravinsky, John Cage, and many others were composing their pop music.
    We lump all of it into "classical" music today.

Who did you listen to Glenn, Pat Boone.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast