Aid for sale in Pakistan as refugees want cash

You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Which means?

Are you saying that people are coming out to help others in need this time in a different part of the world? Kind of what defines us being human I guess.

He is commenting on the people wanting cash instead of flour and oil and bisquits....

Guess he fiqures we should make the connection back to Katrina and the cash debacle the government had then.

Im on the fence with this one......I can see not letting them just have cash....but I can see the point of some of these flood victims needing cash to purchase other items.....

But of course....they have lost it all and have been totally wiped out......so I think they should feel lucky to get some food.....

Damn pakis....... they wouldnt lift a finger to help us.....even if they could..... harboring al quaker and the taliban..... If it were ultimately up to me id send them a bunch of soap powder.....maybe airlift in a few tons of colored chalk.....and some paintbrushes....

Really mess with their minds......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Many people have complained over the last month of humiliation when scrounging for food thrown from a helicopter or the back of a truck.

We should apologize, and send chefs the next time to prepare the food correctly. And waiters to serve it up in a respectful manner.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    He is commenting on the people wanting cash instead of flour and oil and bisquits....

Guess he fiqures we should make the connection back to Katrina and the cash debacle the government had then.

Im on the fence with this one......I can see not letting them just have cash....but I can see the point of some of these flood victims needing cash to purchase other items.....

But of course....they have lost it all and have been totally wiped out......so I think they should feel lucky to get some food.....

Damn pakis....... they wouldnt lift a finger to help us.....even if they could..... harboring al quaker and the taliban..... If it were ultimately up to me id send them a bunch of soap powder.....maybe airlift in a few tons of colored chalk.....and some paintbrushes....

Really mess with their minds......
    Quite often what happens is people loose their food supply and the ability to grow or make their own. Aid agencies also find that there may be food at the local level but the people affected by a natural disaster lost the ability to buy it. When aid agencies come in and distribute food brought in from our countries for example, this kills the local economy. It also might cost less to buy the food locally than buy it and ship it to the areas.

It is more a one size does not fit all type of situation. Some places it makes sense to ship in food, some places it makes more sense sourcing it locally. Some people need money to buy supplies to make them self sufficient in growing their own food again, some have other needs that a sack of flower may not fulfill.

It is easy for those against another people to hold up an example saying 'Look we try to help these people and look what they do.' but if we give them the wrong type of help what help is it?

Clothing drive are a good example of people doing something to help others. Then people get mad at the aid agencies when they sell the cloths to make money to get help to people. Makes more sense to buy locally than ship a container which may take a month getting there.