Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I do trust you. I'm just trying to understand how the Btu's are different or the humidity dew point is different or what? Do you have very dry days and then very humid days? And if Man 'J' isn't a solution, how do you accurately size a system?
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    I do trust you. I'm just trying to understand how the Btu's are different or the humidity dew point is different or what? Do you have very dry days and then very humid days? And if Man 'J' isn't a solution, how do you accurately size a system?
    Yes!

Seriously Houston is not just one climate we have about four climates here and they can all manifest themselves on the same day in different parts of the region.

The Manual J builds the same system for Galveston/Baytown as it does for Katy and Cypress. Now that means nothing to you but Galveston and Baytown are on the coast and virtually surrounded by water and Katy and Cypress are prairie. Design temps are for 95* and 59 Grains but if you design for that in Katy or Cypress you will have one upset customer, along the coast you will have mold growing on the walls.

You must design for a 100* degree day and still be able to remove some serious humidity on a 72* day. If you go with a tax credit system with essentially oversized blower it will never provide real comfort or efficiency.

Attention to the building envelope is critical as is attention to radiant heat as opposed to conductive heat transfer. Yes a BTU is a BTU is a BTU but how you deal with them is more important than just removing them.

Since phone number are not longer part of the user public profile, how would I contact Classical or Mr Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by 2HotInHouston View Post
    Since phone number are not longer part of the user public profile, how would I contact Classical or Mr Bill?
    You posted earlier I was scheduled to be at your house two years ago. I do not remember who you are so enlighten me as to wha transpired and I will be glad to give you my number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12