Thread: ?? about restrictions.

Post Likes

Question ?? about restrictions.

So I recently graduated tech school and one of peers called and asked about restrictions. He said that a restriction could also cause suctions pressure to rise???? I dissented with him by stating a restriction will give you low suction pressure whether its in the liquid line or suction line. Any advice anyone? thanks.
    ****NEVER WISH A MAN A LIFE OF PROSPERITY AND SECURITY, WISH INSTEAD A LIFE OF STRUGGLE, CHALLENGE, AND ADVENTURE FOR THESE ARE THE DEVELOPERS OF ALL GREAT MEN****

Post Likes
    He needs to go back to class.

The restriction would have to be after the vapor access fitting to have a pressure rise on the vapor line.

Unless he was referring to heating mode, then it wouldn't be the suction line anymore.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

The restriction would have to be after the vapor access fitting to have a pressure rise on the vapor line.

Unless he was referring to heating mode, then it wouldn't be the suction line anymore.
    Now you're referring to a heat pump right? Cause you dont typically find those up here in the north. Matter fact my school just added a heat pump class after I graduated.
    ****NEVER WISH A MAN A LIFE OF PROSPERITY AND SECURITY, WISH INSTEAD A LIFE OF STRUGGLE, CHALLENGE, AND ADVENTURE FOR THESE ARE THE DEVELOPERS OF ALL GREAT MEN****

Post Likes

What if the restriction is in the condenser unit?

Then it would cause the low pressure to back up giving a high low pressure.

I have seen this with my own eyes. Not very common problem. Most restrictions are at the metering device.

Post Likes
    neophyte, you've got enough posts. You should now apply for pro membership. On the pro side, you can ask all the questions you want and will get a lot more detailed answers than we're allowed to provide on the public open forum. This is a great place to learn and you're almost to the right location. Just move to the pro side and you'll have arrived!!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    neophyte, you've got enough posts. You should now apply for pro membership. On the pro side, you can ask all the questions you want and will get a lot more detailed answers than we're allowed to provide on the public open forum. This is a great place to learn and you're almost to the right location. Just move to the pro side and you'll have arrived!!
    Ok, Thanks. This is really a conducive website for serious techs!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What if the restriction is in the condenser unit?

Then it would cause the low pressure to back up giving a high low pressure.

I have seen this with my own eyes. Not very common problem. Most restrictions are at the metering device.

I said it would have to be after teh access fitting to cause a high vapor pressure.

Post Likes
    I said it would have to be after teh access fitting to cause a high vapor pressure.

I guess the first statement threw me off! LOL

Sorry for not reading the whole thing before commenting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in