Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is This a Sign of Things to Come?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Fox News made it seem like the federal judge forced the community to use cumulative voting when it was the community leaders themselves that requested the use of cumulative voting. The judge simply ruled in the community's favor in the lawsuit. The Justice Department was requesting voting districts. It is probable that cumulative voting was responsible for voting in less Latinos than if districts were used. Hence the community's reason for their stance.
    Cumulative voting was used to elect the Illinois state legislature from 1870 to 1980. In recent years it has been used to resolve voting rights cases for city council elections in Amarillo (TX) and Peoria (IL), for county commission elections in Chilton County (AL) and for school board elections in Sisseton (SD) and more than fifty other jurisdictions.

Fox also "educates" us by telling us that 46% of the population is hispanic. Some being non US citizens, too young to vote or unregistered. The town has a 7% African American population. Lets say it has a 47% white population (This is est. the other figues are accurate.) that would also include white people that are too young to vote or unregistered. Also the possibility of white non US citizens exists. Funny, but I'm sure Fox would never describe the white population as too young, unregistered or non US ctitzens. Also Fox never explains why Latinos have a "huge advantage in the ballot box."
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Judges with a political agenda have no place on the bench.
    If they are making things up to go along with their agenda and not following the constitution they should be removed.
    This should go to a higher court.

It is amazing that this 1 vote equals a value of 6 for some citizens was even suggested and even more amazing that it is backed by any judge. I would never thought our country would come to such a thing.

This is what happens when liberals (not the Christian right) gains control. This runs 180 degrees contrary to our constitution. I am also amazed that Fox News calls this a matter of opinion. There is no opinion about it, this is clearly not how a representative democracy works nor how our founding fathers intended it to work.

It is how the left, once they gain control, gains more control until we eventually cease our current form of government.

Hugh B
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by oil lp man View Post
    Judges with a political agenda have no place on the bench.
    If they are making things up to go along with their agenda and not following the constitution they should be removed.
    This should go to a higher court.

In my opinion, the judge who swore to uphold the constitution is guilty of treason, should not only be removed but put on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    In my opinion, the judge who swore to uphold the constitution is guilty of treason, should not only be removed but put on trial.
    Foxnews is the only one guilty of anything and that was misleading a bunch of gullible people.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Foxnews is the only one guilty of anything and that was misleading a bunch of gullible people.
    Are you saying that the report by Fox is incorrect? Are you saying that this 1 equals 6 votes is not true?

Are you saying that the report by Fox is incorrect? Are you saying that this 1 equals 6 votes is not true?
    The federal judge ruled in favor of the town. The town leaders got what they were asking for. The Latin community wanted districts and not cumulative voting. Read my first post post. Do some research for crying out loud.

Albert Einstein

The federal judge ruled in favor of the town. The town leaders got what they were asking for. The Latin community wanted districts and not cumulative voting. Read my first post post. Do some research for crying out loud.
    I understood all of that the first time. Your post was not clear as to what you ment so I am asking questions to understand your position clearly.

Are you in agreement with the town and judge? Do you think a 1 vote equals 6 is the right thing to do?

I understood all of that the first time. Your post was not clear as to what you ment so I am asking questions to understand your position clearly.

Are you in agreement with the town and judge? Do you think a 1 vote equals 6 is the right thing to do?
    Personally I would have preferred district voting. But cumulative voting has legal precedance also.

Albert Einstein

Personally I would have preferred district voting. But cumulative voting has legal precedance also.
    How about the moral view of such a thing as cumulative voting? How would one go about defending cumulative voting morally?

(Cumulative Voting is a very poor description of what is really is, a typical left wing double speak way of giving it a name to hide reality)

It is amazing that this 1 vote equals a value of 6 for some citizens was even suggested and even more amazing that it is backed by any judge. I would never thought our country would come to such a thing.

This is what happens when liberals (not the Christian right) gains control. This runs 180 degrees contrary to our constitution. I am also amazed that Fox News calls this a matter of opinion. There is no opinion about it, this is clearly not how a representative democracy works nor how our founding fathers intended it to work.

It is how the left, once they gain control, gains more control until we eventually cease our current form of government.

Hugh B
    Hugh, It wasn't for some citizens in the district, it was for all citizens in the district. You could cast all six votes for one candidate or you could spread your six votes around between the other candidates. This has been done in this country before. I find it to be stupid and unnecessary.

It was a way to get the Hispanic candidate elected. It was assumed Hispanic voters would cast all six votes for their guy. It also assumes that no other group will do the same for a different candidate. For the record it was a black judge, appointed to the bench by George Bush, who handed down the ruling.

Until I read the cases cited in the hearing I would reserve my criticism of the judge in this case.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Hugh, It wasn't for some citizens in the district, it was for all citizens in the district. You could cast all six votes for one candidate or you could spread your six votes around between the other candidates. This has been done in this country before. I find it to be stupid and unnecessary.

It was a way to get the Hispanic candidate elected. It was assumed Hispanic voters would cast all six votes for their guy. It also assumes that no other group will do the same for a different candidate. For the record it was a black judge, appointed to the bench by George Bush, who handed down the ruling.

Until I read the cases cited in the hearing I would reserve my criticism of the judge in this case.
    BS this is all a bunch of communist racial rulings to destroy our Constitution and eliminate the rights of White voters. That is the truth and nothing but the truth. How or why anyone would defend that ruling is beyond my comprehension. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast