Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 129
  1. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    No, when I think of a non-politician who was a governor and a great President, I'm thinking Reagan, not Palin.

    Do you feel that a Paling candidacy must in some way be "justified?" I find that fascinating, since the only "justification" I can find for an Obama candidacy was to eb able to say that we have a black (well, partially) President.

    As I look back on the speech by Dr. King that was given when I was a young man, I have to believe that we are correct in judging Obama "by the content of his character," and by that judgment, he was not qualified to be our President.

    Unless racial politics are a justification, and I don't believe that is true.

    Oh, one more thing. Most of the Presidents on that list were indeed farmers first, and lawyers second, and only a few were career politicians, so I stand by my assertion.

    That's two strikes. One more, and you're out.


    Keep changing your position lol. It has gone from no government experience now it is career politician.

    You were thinking of Reagan? That is funny since you only went on to mention Palin after originally posting your premise. Game over.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    There is no comparison between Gore and Palin.
    Gore volunteers to serve in Nam, does his duty, takes up politics stressing how bad the environment is getting and we need to do something about it. he did this years ago before it was the thing to do. He serves in Congress for years, becomes VP and runs for pres actually getting more popular votes than Bush.

    He still works to better the environment and is known world wide by acclaimed scientist and international leaders.

    Palin..............some dimwit from Alaska riding the popularity circuit of a bunch of old tea baggers who yearn for the days of yore.
    Days where if you were a well off white guy, things were ok.
    If you weren't, too bad.
    Dice is part right. I thought I would never say that.

    It's true. There is no comparison between Gore and Palin.

    Gore is a rich guy who who has cooked up the world's greatest environmental scam: carbon credits. His father earned a good living, and provided well for Al. He talked Al into signing up for Vietnam to keep him out of the infantry. Good idea, papa Gore.

    Al Gore is the primary driving force behind this carbon credit idea, one that will cripple America. He is a "do as I say and not as I do" kind of guy. When I met him in Dulles, he was waiting for his jet, one that would do more to load the atmosphere with "greenhouse gasses" in one trip than I could by driving my Buick for 100 years. He says we should all bike more, but will only get on a bike for a photo op.

    The "scientists" (in quotes because emails showed they cooked the books on so-called "environmental science") that hail Gore as a hero are not only first class liars, but they all stand to gain financially and academically by keeping up with this chain of lies. The leading liar is the "hockey stick" guy, the "scientist" who, when the environmental temperature record did not mimic his sudden increase in temperatures (the "hockey stick" graph) he simply cut off the end of the graph so that it would not show the lack of temperature increase.

    That's the kind of scientist who likes Al Gore and his Carbon Credit scam.

    Palin, on the other hand, is a self-made woman who rose to prominence first as a mayor, and then a very popular governor. She lives it like she says it, is a naturalist by attitude, and a genuine leader.

    So, Dice is right. There is no comparison.

    As for Dice's closing comment, only its own lack of veracity is necessary to provide its indictment.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,949
    Gore did not cook it up...he is a puppet...he lacks the mental capacity to conceive of such a plan.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  4. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Keep changing your position lol. It has gone from no government experience now it is career politician.

    You were thinking of Reagan? That is funny since you only went on to mention Palin after originally posting your premise. Game over.
    I'm surprised that a smart guy like you can't follow simple analogies. Let's review.

    You need no experience to be President. In fact, I view some kind of experience, the "career politician" type of experience, as an indictment. Instead of "experience" as the pundits like to say, the most valuable aspects of a person running for President are common sense and a love of America. Clearly, our current President has no love for America. He will, if he can "fundamentally change" it to his own image of "fairness."

    Palin, Reagan,, and a host of others have about the same amount of experience prior to runs for high office. The Left says that Palin was "inexperienced." I have to assume that you have held that same opinion.

    Therefore, if Palin had "no experience," you must then agree that Washington, Reagan, and a host of others who had the same level of service prior to a run for high office, also had "no experience." That's the standard being used, n'est-ce pas?

    Ergo, Palin and many other Presidents had the same experience or less than she did. If you say she has none, then they have none, and if you say they had experience, then so does she.

    I think she is better off now as a fund raiser and commentator, at least until the three legacy networks fully implode. That will take a few more years. We have almost reached that point where no one watches them for news, because they stopped being "news" organizations in the 90's.

    Check and check mate.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I'm surprised that a smart guy like you can't follow simple analogies. Let's review.

    You need no experience to be President. In fact, I view some kind of experience, the "career politician" type of experience, as an indictment. Instead of "experience" as the pundits like to say, the most valuable aspects of a person running for President are common sense and a love of America. Clearly, our current President has no love for America. He will, if he can "fundamentally change" it to his own image of "fairness."

    Palin, Reagan,, and a host of others have about the same amount of experience prior to runs for high office. The Left says that Palin was "inexperienced." I have to assume that you have held that same opinion.

    Therefore, if Palin had "no experience," you must then agree that Washington, Reagan, and a host of others who had the same level of service prior to a run for high office, also had "no experience." That's the standard being used, n'est-ce pas?

    Ergo, Palin and many other Presidents had the same experience or less than she did. If you say she has none, then they have none, and if you say they had experience, then so does she.

    I think she is better off now as a fund raiser and commentator, at least until the three legacy networks fully implode. That will take a few more years. We have almost reached that point where no one watches them for news, because they stopped being "news" organizations in the 90's.

    Check and check mate.
    Reagan was a two term govenor of California and he had 2 failed bids for president before he was elected in 1980. Palin did not even finish her term as govenor of Alaska. It is important to note the two states being talked about.

    And no I never said Palin was not experienced enough. As I said in a previous post on this thread I think she is not qualified. Remember it took her 6 years and 5 schools to get her broadcasting degree.

    Remember just keep repeating lies long enough and they will be accepted as facts.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  6. #84
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,898
    Well I'm working out of town so the sad fact is this. I can't stand Obama. I can't stand Palin. Just because someone is hunting for the Rep. nomination doesnt make them the best person to be President. She can say what she wants about being an outlaw, renegade or whatever she calls herself, but its the same old song and dance. There were enough corruption issues in Alaska before she left, she didnt even finish out her term as governor.

    No matter if you wrap a turd in red or blue at the end of the day its still a turd. Until America turns away from the 2 party system nothing will ever change no matter how many posts you make that it will.

    We need an indpendent solution, and no Palin is not an independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where the beer flows like wine
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Well I'm working out of town so the sad fact is this. I can't stand Obama. I can't stand Palin.
    I feel the same way!!!

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bucks Co PA
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Thomas Paine was an interesting choice. Especially given his following quotes.

    In his two part The Age of Reason, the American revolutionary Thomas Paine, wrote, "The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion. Not anything can be studied as a science, without our being in possession of the principles upon which it is founded; and as this is the case with Christian theology, it is therefore the study of nothing."About religion, The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine says:

    I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
    All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
    There are dozons more by Thomas Paine this should suffice as far as he is concerned.

    .
    Thomas Paine also said (from Age of Reason);
    As several of my colleagues and others of my fellow-citizens of France have given me the example of making their voluntary and individual profession of faith, I also will make mine; and I do this with all that sincerity and frankness with which the mind of man communicates with itself.

    I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

    I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.


    .

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Agreed Palin will not be able to pull in more votes than Obama and we will have to look at his stupid policies for 4 more years.
    That is simply your opinion, not based on anything rooted in fact. You would be suprised just how many feel she is more down to earth then most others would be.

    Nothing like an armchair politician.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  10. #88
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    That is simply your opinion, not based on anything rooted in fact. You would be suprised just how many feel she is more down to earth then most others would be.

    Nothing like an armchair politician.
    Would be more than happy to revisit this thread if the next presidential election is between her and Obama.

    BTW Texas tech everyone here is stating their opinions, why the shot at me?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    There were enough corruption issues in Alaska before she left, she didnt even finish out her term as governor.
    If the leftist media and slander machine would have left her alone and stopped with all their frivilous lawsuits and badgering she would have stayed as governor but the expenses were just to much.

    We can't even control our govt with 2 parties, how is a third gonna help? Further split the vote, hell why not 4 or 5 parties?

    Get all the incumbents out of govt, pass term limits and start making everyone accountable for their actions. We have a country full of whiners.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  12. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    houston, texas
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post

    BTW Texas tech everyone here is stating their opinions, why the shot at me?
    Just my opinion.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

    Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own






  13. #91
    I don't generally take either the liberal or the conservative side in political arguments. However, any leader who puts their "blind" faith in some made up man in the sky scares me no matter what their religion or political affiliation.

    IMO religion was created by men in power in order to maintain that power. They are still succeeding!

    To state that the founding fathers were christian is not true. In fact this country was founded by people wanting to escape religious oppression. Kings and dictators are the ones who claim to have God's authority.

    You may find the various quotes from our founding fathers denouncing christianity and the bible interesting.

    Also, have your ever read the Treaty of Tripoli?

    I won't quote them here and waste your time because experience and growing up in a very religious mormon family has taught me that the religious can rationalize and justify anything.

    BTW, I used to listen to Beck until I heard him say that the only people he trusts are god and the prophet of the mormon church.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event