Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.

The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers.

Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary.

In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house.
    They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.

The picture below illustrates the point…
    how much public housing did you grow up in what is your knowlegde of these places or are you one of the others
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Why should I as a tax paying citizen be required to support public housing at all?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Why should I as a tax paying citizen be required to support public housing at all?
    Yeah, and why would a pacifist (By conscious or religious conviction.) be required to pay taxes and support the military?

Hugh, you seem to be a Greg Koukl fan. He is an advocate of moral objectavism. That means that helping the poor is either good or evil. So paying taxes to help the poor is good or evil. And when anybody helps the poor, that is either good or evil.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Yeah, and why would a pacifist (By conscious or religious conviction.) be required to pay taxes and support the military?

Hugh, you seem to be a Greg Koukl fan. He is an advocate of moral objectavism. That means that helping the poor is either good or evil. So paying taxes to help the poor is good or evil. And when anybody helps the poor, that is either good or evil.

You did not answer my question. You simply posed a new question. So, on what basis should I be required to support public housing?

You did not answer my question. You simply posed a new question. So, on what basis should I be required to support public housing?

It is the law, you have to pay taxes. You can choose not to pay taxes and pay that penalty instead. Also Jesus said 'Give to Ceasar what is Caeser's."
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

It is the law, you have to pay taxes. You can choose not to pay taxes and pay that penalty instead. Also Jesus said 'Give to Ceasar what is Caeser's."

You still failed to answer my question. I know it is the law that is not the question. The question is, on what basis should I be required (that is the law part) by law to pay for public housing.

In other words, what moral, ethical basis does the law stand upon? Why should there be such a law?

thats what the rich want while your a paying tax stiff with no choice and tax cuts from bush sure weren't for you

they need the cheap labor and most work in very low paying jobs

most people think these are just lazy people living off the government, to some extent this a breeding ground for generations of uneducated locked in place people with no way out of a labyrinth, but for some its a place thats a stop over in a time of need

how do i know this because i live it and got to know all the people and saw how it was supposed to work

I know people that came from this area and won't acknowledged it and have a deep seeded resentment for the same types of people for some reason
    but they seemed to have forgotten where they came from

i;m not some azz making blanket statements. that i don't want to pay Taxes for these people living for free

when i was 22 i went back and volunteered to coach the high school basketball team that kept me out of trouble as a kid because they had no funds to pay a coach like i had.....

the less money we spend on these areas and people the more criminals we breed what else is there to do but learn how to steal or sell drugs

lets take away the housing and see what happens then and see how desperate people act and your probably against abortion too, dint educate just feed them and let them breed and then complain about it
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

You still failed to answer my question. I know it is the law that is not the question. The question is, on what basis should I be required (that is the law part) by law to pay for public housing.

In other words, what moral, ethical basis does the law stand upon? Why should there be such a law?
    You seem to be saying you ought to be able to pick and choose what taxes you want. Am I right so far?

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy103us View Post
    thats what the rich want while your a paying tax stiff with no choice and tax cuts from bush sure weren't for you

they need the cheap labor and most work in very low paying jobs

most people think these are just lazy people living off the government, to some extent this a breeding ground for generations of uneducated locked in place people with no way out of a labyrinth, but for some its a place thats a stop over in a time of need

how do i know this because i live it and got to know all the people and saw how it was supposed to work

I know people that came from this area and won't acknowledged it and have a deep seeded resentment for the same types of people for some reason
    but they seemed to have forgotten where they came from

i;m not some azz making blanket statements. that i don't want to pay Taxes for these people living for free

when i was 22 i went back and volunteered to coach the high school basketball team that kept me out of trouble as a kid because they had no funds to pay a coach like i had.....

the less money we spend on these areas and people the more criminals we breed what else is there to do but learn how to steal or sell drugs

lets take away the housing and see what happens then and see how desperate people act and your probably against abortion too, dint educate just feed them and let them breed and then complain about it
    I have no idea how your post is an answer to my question. I have no doubt that there are needy people, people in real need who simply fell on hard times. There are also people who abuse and live off the system. That is not at issue with me.

I simply want to know on what basis should I be REQUIRED by law to pay for public housing or similar social welfare systems?

When the Founders wrote the Constitution, the only safety net for the sick, widows, orphans, handicapped was the Church.

The Government was never intended to pick winners/loosers with the taxpayer's monies.

The Church had the Moral Charge from God to support the truly needy and to chastise the lazy.

The best motivation to go to get an education and then go to work is an empty stomach or sleeping under the stars in cold weather.

The Government has no moral authority and just disperses money regardless of true need, actually rewarding laziness in order to form a Voting Block that will increase the Government's power.

You seem to be saying you ought to be able to pick and choose what taxes you want. Am I right so far?
    No, you are not right so far. I simply posed the question as to on what moral basis should I be required by law to pay for the social welfare of others such as free public housing. You don't seem to want to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I would guess that keeps the ice from building up [inside] on the floors up there in "Frozenville" during the Summer. During the fall, spring and winter, there is no hope..

I can sympathize with you up there, we have problems like that with slippery floors during the winter time when someone spills suntan lotion on their way to the beach...

We also decided to send ya'll some "tropical" excitement up there named Earl to help with the boredom....
    Actually you can understand their actions when you consider our houses are made mainly of ice.

No, you are not right so far. I simply posed the question as to on what moral basis should I be required by law to pay for the social welfare of others such as free public housing. You don't seem to want to answer the question.
    The same moral basis that pacifists have to support the military.

Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast