Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Oh this one was kinda scary. Made me worry about my grandma.

The old lady said, "Well I couldn't remember the nice young man who saved my air conditioner during the summer. Lucky for me he was going door to door because it turns out I still had winter refrigerant in and if he hadn't happened to stop by my ac would be dead by now. Do you replace summer refrigerant with winter refrigerant?"
    This is way more sad than it is funny. Did she say how much the other "tech" charged?

I'd love to have one of these guys knock on my door. I think it would be a hoot to play the ignorant home owner with one of them.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

I think she said 200ish, but that was awhile ago. One of my school prof. used to be a cop so he has cameras surrounding his home.

Before he went into HVAC, a man came to his home while he was at work and told his wife he was doing free AC system testing. Then charged her 180 bucks to clean the system and replace a bad contractor.

The guy went to jail when my prof. had footage of him sitting on his condenser for 2 hours smoking and peeing on his house.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I love it when a home-owner is over your shoulder and you just took off the panel to the unit and their first responds is do you know whats wrong with it?

or when you show up to the job and the unit has been taken apart and the home-owner goes I tryed it fix it myself but I dont remember where the wires went and the fuse blew on the board as well.

From a customer I,ve never met, and he said it with attitude

"I need this fixed immediatley, but I don,t have any money, can I pay you next week?"

my answere
    "Not a problem, however we are extremely busy, I can book you in for next Thursday"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeski View Post
    I love it when a home-owner is over your shoulder and you just took off the panel to the unit and their first responds is do you know whats wrong with it?

or when you show up to the job and the unit has been taken apart and the home-owner goes I tryed it fix it myself but I dont remember where the wires went and the fuse blew on the board as well.
    I hope you charged extra for that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234