Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Went to a emergency call.. found 40 ton carrier unit tripped.. serval of the in house a/c mech (union) standing around trying to figure out whats wrong.. reset serval alarms using Navigator.. all of a sudded bell rings.. or break time. they all split.. i told them i'm still working.. wait for time delays unit starts.. notice bird netting all over unit.. but on part of unit netting is flying up (from condernsor fans) an part isn't ?? ya fan motor running backwards change two leads ... unit up an running fine..

went to there shop.. on plant an the boss asked well an my reply its up an running.. there like no way.. what did you do. i replyed fix the cond fan more that was spinning the wrong way.. oh.. you could of heard a pin drop..

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanmikey View Post
    Went to a emergency call.. found 40 ton carrier unit tripped.. serval of the in house a/c mech (union) standing around trying to figure out whats wrong.. reset serval alarms using Navigator.. all of a sudded bell rings.. or break time. they all split.. i told them i'm still working.. wait for time delays unit starts.. notice bird netting all over unit.. but on part of unit netting is flying up (from condernsor fans) an part isn't ?? ya fan motor running backwards change two leads ... unit up an running fine..

went to there shop.. on plant an the boss asked well an my reply its up an running.. there like no way.. what did you do. i replyed fix the cond fan more that was spinning the wrong way.. oh.. you could of heard a pin drop..
    Good one!
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

I had a complaint that one of the outdoor units makes "Bongo Sounds" every so often.

I didn't quite believe them till I started the second stage of the 10 ton unit.

Yes, the internals were slapping around inside the compressor housing and making that noise.

I just wish I had thought to take a video of it!
    Every problem gives us the opportunity to choose from several solutions: stupidity, ignorance, indifference, or brilliance. Which one will you choose?

"I don't understand why the air conditioner isn't working...there's plenty of ice around the filter."
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by warrlock View Post
    I get to the Ho's place he doesn't say a word just hands me the ticket from another companys service tech, which reads " Change over valve stuck, will not switch into cool mode. Given the age of system recommend replacment of system." Diagnostic fee $79.
    Still without a word between us, I walk to the backyard and after a brief examination, fill out my service ticket. Which read, " Unit is NOT a heatpump, recommend replacing defective 45/5 mfd Dual capacitor." Diagnostic fee $69.
    Lmao

I get this one a lot too "But (insert local utility company here), they said that it's working great". To some 30 yr old rusted out piece of junk that just LOOKS like a death trap.

one a home owner told me last night on her 45 yr old janitrol...

if i smack the silver thing..it usually works....

" this peice of crap has been nothing but trouble since you guys put it in"
    five calls in 10 years. all plugged air filters (and bad limit swiches)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, while you're here could you look at......... It NEVER DID WORK RIGHT! NEVER DID! OH do you have to take it all apart to fix it? My husband says it is a bad circuit board!! What does your husband do for a living? He is a teacher! Maybe he can teach the circuit board to behave! My husband is an ENGINEER. Really which RAILROAD does he work for???
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

two days after a new AC installation.
    "It just to cold. I keep turning the thermostat down but it is still to cold."

"Dis Jimmy Cheng wife at Peking Chinese Res-rahnt....my little box is hot....you come fix quick..."

Left that one on the answering machine for weeks
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I could fix it myself.........

saturday night "Its been runing funny all week"

Well... It Hasn't Been Used That Much. (After I told the Lady her 15 year old unit was DEAD.) I actually get that one quite often.

And finding an Air-filter that looks just like a Fuzzy Grey Cat. "Let me see... I just Changed that Filter".
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast