Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Good point

Originally posted by acmanko
    The only thing that amazes me is all the long winded posts some of you continuously speil. and even more amazing is that some of you read them and then repeat them. Simplicity always wins the day.
    I agree 100%

Why write a novel when a word will do, right ac?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

inferior wisdom,

bootlens lamebrained quips to me for the past while,gives me all the insight into bootlens "mindset",that i need to say what i do.

same goes for you.

i don't know you,i don't presume to.i am not making any judgements about you as a human being. we all have the same right to exist.

actually, i don't even WANT to get personal.the confusion of rationally interpreting facts and emotionally blinding onself by false beliefs,is what i am talking about.

there is room to interpret facts.

but you republican echochambers on this line,don't even accept facts.you have no intrest in actually talking.you make statements that are frankly,minconceptions.

your allegience to this partisan bickering, proves my point.

if you don't accept that the real power behind both parties is the same pool of competing economic intrests that back their frontmen(the politicians),to use whatever guile an ignorant public will accept and allow themselves to become "loyal" to any one of the "pie in the sky" party platforms,than you are not even being realistic.

so that is you answer to my believing you don't know what you are talking about,you are a republican,and one that doesn't even know what that means.

and for the umpteenth time...i am not a democrat.

and simplicity,

don't be simple minded.
    don't accept bush's overly simplistic plans and views.if he was really as stupid as his assertions make him sound,he wouldn't be president.no matter who his daddy is. he is just being cagey.

what is elegant,seems simple ,yet it is the "ease" of the complexity that allows it to be dynamic.

the devil is in the details.simplicity,when the republicans say it, means "lazymindedness".

if you think this could ever boil down to "buzzwords" and "catchphrases",you are just lazy.

I bet another skunk died in the duct work!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

remember: I do not totally disagree with you

On the point about money buying power. You will have to agree that at present we exist under a 2 party system. Both are flawed. But the big question is, which one will shepard our present needs as a country through these times.

1. The Republicans in power are "business people" when they are not in positions of power. They know how to make money. Their one major downfall is they have let some of their patriotism slip into greed by allowing some offshoring of core industries to third world countries. This single point still does not vilify them. They still control the major portion of the Fortune 500 which controls our economy. For their own good they would not implode the US economy.

2. The Democrats that rotate through Washington are by far a large percentage professional politicians, lobbyists, and political groupies. They too are controlled by big business money. They only do their bidding and are not one of them. But Democrats have a skewed perception of wealth which can be desvatating to our economy. Just as overtaxation by the Roman Empire help greatly in their demise so too it can happen here.

3. Bottom line. The Republicans generate and spend their money. The Democrats want to spend everybody elses.

4. I have read a lot of your post and not one of them have any help or solutions to our present day situation. I for one would like to hear them.

Let's talk about the flat tax plan gents.. oh never mind. The less fortunate would pay too much.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Originally posted by remember

and for the umpteenth time...i am not a democrat.

I know, you are above everyone else. With your superior knowledge we should vote you into office.

No thanks, I told you once I wasn't running.

rob,i agree that the republicans won't willingly implode our economic prosperity.....to a point.

they are the big buisnessmen,but so are the democrats.
    like george soros,the rockefellers, lords,harrimans.

since before jp morgan used to do it..

big buisness keeps a foot in all camps.
    after all many of the republican politicians are actors and doctors, and other that may not really have the buisness education you are talking about.

and I don't feel too safe by leaving the countries economy to the wealthy elites of any stripe.

if i'm sitting on my deck out in the hamptons and flying to work in the city to manage my empire, what do I care if the empire is no longer in this country, now it is in china and maylaysia and the grand caymans.especially when I and the other majority stockholders are making more money like this?

buisnessmen have a horrible record of ever doing anything out of patriotism.

after all GHW Bush negotiated the NAFTA treaty that clinton signed.and the trade status bestowed on china under this bush,which soon will be hurting american manufacturing even more.

I agree with what some other on here have said,"what other jobs are there that can't be outsourced. whitecollar,blue collar."

after all this re-education, can more than half the people work for the gov't and another bunch working in the medical industry,taking care of people with the other sectors trailing off to retail and administration.that doesn't sound like a secure scenerio for the future.

and what I am doing here to try to help things , is to try and refocus people past the partisan rhetoric, so the real dynamics we should be discussing can be talked about.

there are real people out there today, doing this decision making. and I am one to be curious about their affilliations.

and flat tax , why not.I like it. It sounds fair.and tarrifs against chinese goods and other countries that have cheap labor.we ought to attend to our economy, and let those countries have a real economy of their own.

this country lived on revenues from tarriffs and duties before. they should help some for our trade deficit and to protect our jobs(well not mine),to reduce our tax burden.and coporations should be taxed just like people. after all if the walmarts of the world were in a pinch because they were forced to pay taxes, than american entrepreneuers could pick up the slack.

after all, the baby boomers are retiring. the demographics are against the economy,in the sense of social security,and things like that.and in that sense immigration will provide the new babyboom, however we label it.
    the united states is real estate,all inside are americans. contributing to our market economy. our economy is our way of life. not our,skin.or heritage.

as long as we protect our enviroment, and resources,water,food,land.and act responsibly, the future can still be productive.

How about no income income tax

Originally posted by jpb2
    Let's talk about the flat tax plan gents.. oh never mind. The less fortunate would pay too much.
    But instead, a national sales tax. This would directly reflect the tax burden evenly over all sectors.

Originally posted by remember
    rob,i agree that the republicans won't willingly implode

and what I am doing here to try to help things , is to try and refocus people past the partisan rhetoric, so the real dynamics we should be discussing can be talked about.

there are real people out there today, doing this decision making. and I am one to be curious about their affilliations.

and flat tax , why not.I like it. It sounds fair.and tarrifs against chinese goods and other countries that have cheap labor.we ought to attend to our economy, and let those countries have a real economy of their own.

this country lived on revenues from tarriffs and duties before. they should help some for our trade deficit and to protect our jobs(well not mine),to reduce our tax burden.and coporations should be taxed just like people. after all if the walmarts of the world were in a pinch because they were forced to pay taxes, than american entrepreneuers could pick up the slack.

the united states is real estate,all inside are americans. contributing to our market economy. our economy is our way of life. not our,skin.or heritage.

as long as we protect our enviroment, and resources,water,food,land.and act responsibly, the future can still be productive.
    Agree on all these points. Closing borders in all respects will not only secure our economy but also secure our safety. Both candidates made major errors in stating during the debate that illegals from mexico should have work passes to gain labor in the US. This does smack of big business greed.

[Edited by rob10 on 10-23-2004 at 09:53 PM]

Rob, that is exactly what i meant. abolish income tax and go to the flat retail tax plan that will be proposed .
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

That's assinine. Pay your taxes and quit complaining. do You really like the idea of .17 cent on a dollar everytime you purchase something

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast