Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was right. You're not ready.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Speaking of better wages

Our military, particulary the ones in harms way need to at least earn a liveable wage while they are defending our freedoms. Even Halliburton is paying HVAC techs a halfway decent wage to keep the tents cool in Iraq.

Good point rob. I know they get the great food and trenches to sleep in, but what is the pay scale like these days during wartime?

Originally posted by bootlen
    That's an easy out for ya there. Good job.

Bootlen's spring winds down rapidly, then he wishes he had batteries like me.

BOOT, just making a point. No one responds. lol guess simple logic does not apply
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Originally posted by newcooler
    Originally posted by bootlen
    That's an easy out for ya there. Good job.
    ================================================== =========

How is that an "out"?

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by acmanko
    Bootlen's spring winds down rapidly, then he wishes he had batteries like me.

Batteries out of a bottle? Not for me.

AC, you are an enigma. All your crazy ramblings and then that great point about minimum wage. And now you're already tilting the bottle again, huh?

Oh, well. Back to the front.

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by jpb2
    BOOT, just making a point. No one responds. lol guess simple logic does not apply

I guess it depends with whom a person uses simple logic.

Proud member of KA Club

newcooler,
    bootlen thinks your a "yung-un", because you are not brainwashed by the same old tired world he is.

his perspective is of about a foot up karl roves butt.
    we have tried to help him , but he really hasn't got the foggiest idea of what a clue really is.somebody ought to pray for the poor misguided man.

I agree with you that there needs to be a real discussion as to what the world may have in store for all those living now and in the future.

a starting point I would like to make as to why I feel there can't be a real discussion, is peoples education/brainwashing/propaganda assimilation.

I am continually amazed at the gulf in what people on this site, and the rest of the world believe to be "the truth".

there are many different sides,
    many of those sides have different facts.

there is a certain amount of room with any"fact",for interpretation.for different people with different perspectives/backrounds/personalities to see the same thing in different ways.

but even on the overarching "truth",people cannot agree.

if someone was in the room, they were in the room.
    we do not necessarily know who else was there,
    who that person was there for,
    what was being said,
    the reasons for saying what was said,
    whether that person actually meant what they said.
    even if they meant it, maybe they changed their mind,
    what connections that person had with other people that got them in the room in the first place,

there are so many other nuanced perspectives, to discuss. for hypothetical reasons if nothing else.

yet, people are behaving as if they can't even agree if that person was in the room.

that is a result of propaganda.years of conditioning,

people have pavlovian responses,like bootlen being the knee-jerk republican.

I said that because I have been in the process of witnessing an amazing coincidence,yet peoples pavlovian responses have made them react as if I were a talking about "conspiracy", which in many ways I am.

yet, an organic one.

and it is impossible to look at current events or past ones without including the prism of various networks of people that affect just about everything we talk about here.
    people,the effect their personalities have had on history and the future, their natural inclination to do what is "right", for themselves.

there is a volume of coincidence, easily explained.but first we must look past what we are told.

and that seems a pre-requisite for anyone seriously curious about the world.

yet many here would rather keep their heads in the sand.caught in the trap.because there is no way out , from what I can see. not yet. not till more people realize they are patsy's.they believe the shills, without even a curiosity of who the shills are shilling for.

Originally posted by remember
    newcooler,
    bootlen thinks your a "yung-un", because you are not brainwashed by the same old tired world he is.

Ohh, you like to tell people what other people think and your own motive on what and why they think, huh?

his perspective is of about a foot up karl roves butt.
    we have tried to help him , but he really hasn't got the foggiest idea of what a clue really is.somebody ought to pray for the poor misguided man.

What makes you think you have a clue and boot dosen't? Maybe someone 'ought' to pray for your poor misguided ass!

I agree with you that there needs to be a real discussion as to what the world may have in store for all those living now and in the future.

ok discuss it. Do you want the government to take care of you or do you want to take your life and currency in your own hands? (on a domestic level)

a starting point I would like to make as to why I feel there can't be a real discussion, is peoples education/brainwashing/propaganda assimilation.

What are you saying? Are you included in 'Peoples' or are you above everyone? What is your education? Are you brainwashed? how do you know?

I am continually amazed at the gulf in what people on this site, and the rest of the world believe to be "the truth".

I am amazed also. Do you think what you think to be the truth is the actual truth? how do you know?

there are many different sides,
    many of those sides have different facts.

I would almost agree with this except I would replace 'facts' with 'perspectives'.

there is a certain amount of room with any"fact",for interpretation.for different people with different perspectives/backrounds/personalities to see the same thing in different ways.

put 3 people in a room and show them an 'event' and they will have 3 different 'perspectives' and 'angles'(since they all can't stand in the same spot) on what 'happend'.
    psych 101

but even on the overarching "truth",people cannot agree.

that's on account of people have different perspectives on things. And you need to define 'truth'!

if someone was in the room, they were in the room.
    we do not necessarily know who else was there,
    who that person was there for,
    what was being said,
    the reasons for saying what was said,
    whether that person actually meant what they said.
    even if they meant it, maybe they changed their mind,
    what connections that person had with other people that got them in the room in the first place,

so all you know is that 'someone' was in the room. Everything else is speculation (like assigning a motive for someone elses thinking)

there are so many other nuanced perspectives, to discuss. for hypothetical reasons if nothing else.

I can agree with this

yet, people are behaving as if they can't even agree if that person was in the room.

matter of perspective in terms of 'behaving as if'

that is a result of propaganda.years of conditioning,

opinion not 'truth'

people have pavlovian responses,like bootlen being the knee-jerk republican.

and you being a dumb****crat. You're not going to bark are you?

I said that because I have been in the process of witnessing an amazing coincidence,yet peoples pavlovian responses have made them react as if I were a talking about "conspiracy", which in many ways I am.

LOL. have you seen your contradiction yet?

and it is impossible to look at current events or past ones without including the prism of various networks of people that affect just about everything we talk about here.
    people,the effect their personalities have had on history and the future, their natural inclination to do what is "right", for themselves.

It's called self preservation

there is a volume of coincidence, easily explained.but first we must look past what we are told.

well, being 'told' is one thing, but learning and research and coming up with your own 'perspective' is another. I'd rather come up with my own 'perspective' rather than basing everything on what I am 'told' from one other persons perspective.

and that seems a pre-requisite for anyone seriously curious about the world.

a pre-requisite would be thinking for yourself. Not to be confused on re-inventing the wheel.

yet many here would rather keep their heads in the sand.caught in the trap.because there is no way out , from what I can see. not yet. not till more people realize they are patsy's.they believe the shills, without even a curiosity of who the shills are shilling for.

Is there something that makes you think that your head is not in the sand? Is there something that makes you think that you are not a patsy?
    [Edited by infwsdm on 10-23-2004 at 01:30 AM]

The only thing that amazes me is all the long winded posts some of you continuously speil. and even more amazing is that some of you read them and then repeat them. Simplicity always wins the day.

Simplicity does win. You are wrong. The facts prove it.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast