Beck's Rally - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beck's Rally

I believe the majority of people that are know of Glenn Beck consider him to be a moron.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    I believe the majority of people that are know of Glenn Beck consider him to be a moron.
    Nah, not really. No more a moron than the elected liberals he criticizes.
    All this rhetoric about truth and distortion in politics is a monumental waste of time. Everyone knows they lie just as everyone is witness to the daily distortions in this pathetic ARP. You guys are wasting your lives debating points which are impossible to prove and not noteworthy of proof. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I am going bananas. We disagree that Beck's "stretching" of the truth goes to substance.

Re, Joe Biden it seems you are referring to something that I am unfamiliar with. But Biden supposedly double majored in political science and history then got his law degree. He has his law degree so it is sure he has atleast 2 degrees. This does not include honorary degrees, which is generally hogwash. Beck didn't even finish one class in college and he has atleast one honorary degree.

Frankly I think most politicians lie to some degree. And I usually weigh the lie with the subject and importance. I have a much higher standard for "newspeople" and the media. This is just me, and it is more difficult today with the thin line with news and entertainment.

On a sidenote about GW, there was no popular vote in our first 2 presidential elections and it can be argued technically he was a confessed murderer. And basically credited for starting the French- Indian War.
    Biden, both in the campaign and since the election makes significant misstatements of fact and just rude and inappropriate gaffs. Why Obama picked the man you called him 'clean' will be one of the mysteries of the ages.

Obama is articulate but not very smart. A used car salesman. Which is what it takes to get ahead in our culture that worships celebrity. Rev. Wright was unknown to him because he never went there. He belonged because it was politically expedient. Do you think Oprah really goes there to hear the US berated? If you want to be accepted in the politically correct black culture, that huge church was part of it.

The photos of the rally I saw being used as a reference had people lounging around the Lincoln Memorial. They said it was taken in the middle of the event; it looked like before to me. Maybe a better shadow analysis could answer the question. It also masked large numbers between rows of trees.

Beck speaks a fundamentalist constitutionalism. His histories are usually right on; just pieces that have been lost over time and may not have been mainstream even when current. That is pretty common. Without looking it up, what do you know about the Zimmerman memorandum? My point. And that was one of the most influential documents and events in US history that decade.

The way to argue with Beck is over his interpretation, not on his facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
    Biden, both in the campaign and since the election makes significant misstatements of fact and just rude and inappropriate gaffs. Why Obama picked the man you called him 'clean' will be one of the mysteries of the ages.

Obama is articulate but not very smart. A used car salesman. Which is what it takes to get ahead in our culture that worships celebrity. Rev. Wright was unknown to him because he never went there. He belonged because it was politically expedient. Do you think Oprah really goes there to hear the US berated? If you want to be accepted in the politically correct black culture, that huge church was part of it.

The photos of the rally I saw being used as a reference had people lounging around the Lincoln Memorial. They said it was taken in the middle of the event; it looked like before to me. Maybe a better shadow analysis could answer the question. It also masked large numbers between rows of trees.

Beck speaks a fundamentalist constitutionalism. His histories are usually right on; just pieces that have been lost over time and may not have been mainstream even when current. That is pretty common. Without looking it up, what do you know about the Zimmerman memorandum? My point. And that was one of the most influential documents and events in US history that decade.

The way to argue with Beck is over his interpretation, not on his facts.
    Biden's socalled gaffs are usually overblown and given how Cheney has "honored" the office I hardly doubt his nomination will be a "mystery of the ages."

Beck when he cites history has a poor record. But I agree it is best to debate over his interpretations. I just figued that could never come to anything. Not that debating over verifiable facts will either.

If you are referring to the Zimmerman telegram. I believe it was a telegram sent from Germany to Mexican authorities during World War 1. It was an attempt to gain their support and distract us on the European front. It was intercepted and never came to much more than that as far as I know.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Biden's socalled gaffs are usually overblown and given how Cheney has "honored" the office I hardly doubt his nomination will be a "mystery of the ages."

Beck when he cites history has a poor record. But I agree it is best to debate over his interpretations. I just figued that could never come to anything. Not that debating over verifiable facts will either.

If you are referring to the Zimmerman telegram. I believe it was a telegram sent from Germany to Mexican authorities during World War 1. It was an attempt to gain their support and distract us on the European front. It was intercepted and never came to much more than that as far as I know.
    The Zimmerman memo was an offer that if Mexico entered the war, it would receive California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas back after it was over. Germany routed its traffic through the US embassy in London, which the Brits were eavesdropping on. From London to NY to Western Union in Mexico City...where the German embassy there got their info. It was in an older code there which the Brits had captured the codebook for...another story on the Ottoman front. So...the Brits stole the memo in Mexico City and made it public. Without that, the US wouldn't have entered the war.

You'd be hard pressed to find Beck in significant errors.

The Zimmerman memo was an offer that if Mexico entered the war, it would receive California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas back after it was over. Germany routed its traffic through the US embassy in London, which the Brits were eavesdropping on. From London to NY to Western Union in Mexico City...where the German embassy there got their info. It was in an older code there which the Brits had captured the codebook for...another story on the Ottoman front. So...the Brits stole the memo in Mexico City and made it public. Without that, the US wouldn't have entered the war.

You'd be hard pressed to find Beck in significant errors.
    This is a new subject here as far as I am concerned. I do not know Beck's opinion about this. We also intercepted the telegram along with the British. Mexico did not act on it. I believe your conclusion to be wrong. It was a factor to be sure but maybe the fact that Germany resumed sinking merchant ships had a factor. Germany sank an additional 7 merchant ships just prior to us entering the war. What? Beck didn't tell you about that?
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

The shipping had been going on for a while, it was an undercurrent.

I have no idea if Beck ever talks about this or not. I think I've seen him 2 or 3 times out of curiosity. My point is his historical work is detailed and supported. His errors tend to be small and on peripheral points.

What makes Beck popular depends on which of his audiences you are referring to. He gives a mainstream media access to religion. That is why you find Imans, Rabbis, Catholic and Protestant clergy of a wide variety of complexions on his show and on the dais.

He provides a view of American history that focuses on contemporary details and reports of events. So he will call out a range of contemporary writings about an event that happened 200 years ago. It reminds me of a scene from the movie Roommates. Peter Falk is a very old (approaching 100) baker who decides to take a history course at a local college. They are discussing a decision made in the labor movement 70 years older. Falk's character Rocky corrects the teacher about why the decision was made: so and so was this, so and so was that, this guy had a cold and so they decided that. The prof asks how he knows that, figuring it is a story. Answer: I was there.

Beck collects contemporary reports of events. Which is why he has a campaign branding Woodrow Wilson, generally remembered as unsuccessfully trying to restrain the Treaty of Versailles and fathering the ill-fated League of Nations with a another role: introducing segregation and racism into the federal government.

The shipping had been going on for a while, it was an undercurrent.
    Look up the Sussex Pledge. The sinking of merchant ships was resuming, it was no "undercurrent."

It looks like you copied a pr clipping from his show lol.

Albert Einstein

Look up the Sussex Pledge. The sinking of merchant ships was resuming, it was no "undercurrent."

It looks like you copied a pr clipping from his show lol.

Clearly, you are unable to carry on a conversation. Your timing and sense of history is off.

Let's see...the German's respond to a British blockade with a new submarine offensive in January. On January 31st the US is notified of the revocation of the Sussex pledge, which was only 7 months old anyway. On February 3rd Wilson breaks relations with Germany.

On February 16th the British give the US the memo. It is widely thought to be a fraud (the British did those sorts of things: bug the US embassy, kill Rasputin) until on March 29th Zimmerman made a speech admitting it was true. On April 3rd the US declared war.

I hope you service HVAC equipment better than you do history.

Clearly, you are unable to carry on a conversation. Your timing and sense of history is off.

Let's see...the German's respond to a British blockade with a new submarine offensive in January. On January 31st the US is notified of the revocation of the Sussex pledge, which was only 7 months old anyway. On February 3rd Wilson breaks relations with Germany.

On February 16th the British give the US the memo. It is widely thought to be a fraud (the British did those sorts of things: bug the US embassy, kill Rasputin) until on March 29th Zimmerman made a speech admitting it was true. On April 3rd the US declared war.

I hope you service HVAC equipment better than you do history.
    "In 1917 Germany became convinced they could defeat the Allied Forces by instituting unrestricted submarine warfare before the United States could enter the war. The Sussex pledge was therefore rescinded in January 1917, thereby initiating the decisive stage of the so-called First Battle of the Atlantic. The resumption of unrestricted submarine warfare and the Zimmerman Telegram caused the United States to declare war on Germany on April 6, 1917."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sussex_pledge
    The resumtion of sinking merchant vessels was more than an "undercurrent" as you claimed. I simply said both were the "main" reasons for going to war.

The Zimmerman Telegraph
    The Leak:
    "However, the 'secure' channel wasn't secure at all: British intelligence intercepted the telegram and, recognising the effect it would have on US public opinion, released it to America on February 24th 1917. Some accounts claim the US State Department were also illegally monitoring the channel; either way, US President Wilson saw the note on the 24th. It was released to the world press on March 1st."
    http://europeanhistory.about.com/cs/...mermantele.htm

April 3 is wrong BTW. Wilson asked for a declaration of war on April 2. War is declared on April 6.

The telegraph and resumtion of allout submarine warfare are tied together in every sense. The Germans talk about it in the telegraph.

I hope you servive HVAC equipment better than you can read.

What brought this topic up anyway? Did you just learn a couple facts or something lol.

Albert Einstein

I was at the rally. I had a great time! It was an amazing day. The speeches were amazing and people kind as ever. Despite what the MEDIA might tell you I saw hundreds if not thousands of blacks hispanics latinos and asian people attending with my own eyes. To the people claiming of lies. This guy does 3 hours of talk radio a day and a 1 hour TV show. I would consider these mistakes, which most of the time he corrects as that one article posted shows. You talk for 4 hours a day and make no mistakes. The left just attacks. Beck's a threat that must be eliminated. Do liberals really believe when Beck makes a mistake about how many grand kids George Washington's best friend's uncle's kid had he is trying to DECEIVE AND UNDERMINE his listeners? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpimpin View Post
    I was at the rally. I had a great time! It was an amazing day. The speeches were amazing and people kind as ever. Despite what the MEDIA might tell you I saw hundreds if not thousands of blacks hispanics latinos and asian people attending with my own eyes. To the people claiming of lies. This guy does 3 hours of talk radio a day and a 1 hour TV show. I would consider these mistakes, which most of the time he corrects as that one article posted shows. You talk for 4 hours a day and make no mistakes. The left just attacks. Beck's a threat that must be eliminated. Do liberals really believe when Beck makes a mistake about how many grand kids George Washington's best friend's uncle's kid had he is trying to DECEIVE AND UNDERMINE his listeners? Doubt it.
    In Beck's own words he is a "rodeo clown." And of his listeners he says "If you take what I say as gospel, you are an idiot."

I'm glad you had a good time.

Albert Einstein

In Beck's own words he is a "rodeo clown." And of his listeners he says "If you take what I say as gospel, you are an idiot."

I'm glad you had a good time.

A perfect example of a liberal critic.
    He spends all his waking hours scheming on how to make Beck look bad.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast