Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beck's Rally

The criticism of Beck reminds me a bit of the criticism represented in this cartoon:

Ok I'll bite. Please explain how Beck got his hands on an important document housed at the National Archives?

Beck also invoked Washington while describing the inspiring experience of visiting famous tourist destinations around the nation's capital. "I have been going to Mt. Vernon," he explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Sounds like he should have invoked the spirit of George Washington by never telling a lie. But no, a rodeo clown has no such duty.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Ok I'll bite. Please explain how Beck got his hands on an important document housed at the National Archives?

Beck also invoked Washington while describing the inspiring experience of visiting famous tourist destinations around the nation's capital. "I have been going to Mt. Vernon," he explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, "I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington."

Sounds like he should have invoked the spirit of George Washington by never telling a lie. But no, a rodeo clown has no such duty.
    Since I am not a follower of Beck I can be very objective about this. I am unaware of Beck making any such comments and I don't know the context in which he is to have made the comments nor do I know that he did or did not physically contact these documents. Perhaps he did, perhaps he did not.

For the sake of this discussion let's assume you are correct and he did not.

Is this sufficient for the left to mock him and take every opportunity to demonize him? Is this sufficient information for the left to regularly make the claim that Beck is a "Hate Monger"?

You seem to actually have a great deal of dislike for Beck perhaps even hate him. Based upon what, your example provided to me here?

You need to provide something of more substance to show why the left hates Beck so much and mocks him at every turn. There just has to be something of more substance than this.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

A response to Glenn Beck's challenge to 'name' all the times he was wrong

11 examples

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...s-he-was-wrong
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Since I am not a follower of Beck I can be very objective about this. I am unaware of Beck making any such comments and I don't know the context in which he is to have made the comments nor do I know that he did or did not physically contact these documents. Perhaps he did, perhaps he did not.

For the sake of this discussion let's assume you are correct and he did not.

Is this sufficient for the left to mock him and take every opportunity to demonize him? Is this sufficient information for the left to regularly make the claim that Beck is a "Hate Monger"?

You seem to actually have a great deal of dislike for Beck perhaps even hate him. Based upon what, your example provided to me here?

You need to provide something of more substance to show why the left hates Beck so much and mocks him at every turn. There just has to be something of more substance than this.
    If a man cannot recall events in his own life correctly and prefers to make up stories he deserves to be called out on the lies he uses to promote his cause. This is not hate this is the search for the truth and when an individual plays fast and loose with the truth to inflame the ignorant he becomes a danger to the true patriots who value freedom and justice.

If a man cannot recall events in his own life correctly and prefers to make up stories he deserves to be called out on the lies he uses to promote his cause. This is not hate this is the search for the truth and when an individual plays fast and loose with the truth to inflame the ignorant he becomes a danger to the true patriots who value freedom and justice.

I am still waiting for good examples of Beck playing "fast and loose" with the truth. I have seen nothing that he says that calls for calling him a "hate monger" as the left claims he is nor do I expect that such statements from Beck can be provided. Nothing I have seen or heard is what one can term hateful.

I am still waiting for good examples of Beck playing "fast and loose" with the truth. I have seen nothing that he says that calls for calling him a "hate monger" as the left claims he is nor do I expect that such statements from Beck can be provided. Nothing I have seen or heard is what one can term hateful.
    Never said he was hatefull just deceitful. If the examples I gave of his blatant lies do not prove his deceit to your satisfaction I guess we just have different levels of tolerance for BS. I just call em as I see em.

Never said he was hatefull just deceitful. If the examples I gave of his blatant lies do not prove his deceit to your satisfaction I guess we just have different levels of tolerance for BS. I just call em as I see em.
    The left says he is hateful and the major media mocks him and tries to lead us to believe he is a far out nut or an idiot. Yet nobody can provide examples of this so called hate mongering.

The left says he is hateful and the major media mocks him and tries to lead us to believe he is a far out nut or an idiot. Yet nobody can provide examples of this so called hate mongering.
    Moving the goalposts and raising the bar.

First you ask for evidence of lying then move to hate mongering.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Moving the goalposts and raising the bar.

First you ask for evidence of lying then move to hate mongering.
    I don't watch Beck so I don't know much about him, but I looked at the links you provided. The first link cites 11 examples of things that Beck was wrong about. I would hardly call any of the examples lying. The only example of any substance was the Van Jones incident. Beck said Jones was a convicted felon. Turns out Jones was arrested but not actually convicted. Beck corrected his mistake also.
    The other examples are cases in which Beck gave his opinion and was wrong about it. The guy gives his opinion on air every day.

The second link deals with a quote that Beck says was made by George Washington. Somebody says the quote cannot be found in the largest collection of George Washington docs, you repeat what somebody else said, but it does not say that the quote does not exist anywhere. The quote attributed to Washington is also mentioned in books that date back to 1893.
    Since you likely got your information from the same place I did, why did you not provide all of the facts regarding that quote.
    Using your own criteria, does that make you a liar also?

I make up my own mind based on my personal world view without checking with the right or the tea party first. Those on the left especially the major media keep trying to (assuming) to make many of us out to be sheeple when many of us don't even check with the voices of the right.
    this is the main problem with America today, most people CANNOT think for themselves.

someone needs to think and tell "you" what to do.

as most here do, I deal with the public all day, and the sense of entitlement is rampant. if someone tells you that by doing "X" you get "Y" and do not have to pay for it, most will do it. there is no thought as to HOW/WHO pays for "Y" in the end.

the influences of ALL parties are just that, influences. not a single person in either party will deliver on each promise they make, nor can they!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Netsalt
    How do you know that Beck did not hold the document. The archives spokeswoman says that he got a special tour of the vault by an unamed official and that the document was presented to him. The article does not quote her saying that he did not touch it. It does not even say that she was in the vault with him. The article only states that she says it is not allowed.
    Didn't a clinton cabinet member steal a bunch of documents from the nat archive..? I'm pretty sure that's not allowed also.
    The only place I could find any information on this article was from google which brought me to quite a few far left moonbat blogs which evidently you like to frequent and get your information.

This is weak, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    I don't watch Beck so I don't know much about him, but I looked at the links you provided. The first link cites 11 examples of things that Beck was wrong about. I would hardly call any of the examples lying. The only example of any substance was the Van Jones incident. Beck said Jones was a convicted felon. Turns out Jones was arrested but not actually convicted. Beck corrected his mistake also.
    The other examples are cases in which Beck gave his opinion and was wrong about it. The guy gives his opinion on air every day.

The second link deals with a quote that Beck says was made by George Washington. Somebody says the quote cannot be found in the largest collection of George Washington docs, you repeat what somebody else said, but it does not say that the quote does not exist anywhere. The quote attributed to Washington is also mentioned in books that date back to 1893.
    Since you likely got your information from the same place I did, why did you not provide all of the facts regarding that quote.
    Using your own criteria, does that make you a liar also?
    The quote cannot be found by Washington.
    "Washington is known to have made some official statements of public piety, but this is not one of them. Though this assertion is very widely reported to have been said in Washington's Farewell Address (17 September 1796), this is not actually the case, as any search of the documents would reveal. It has also been presented as having been part of his Proclamation on 1795-JAN-01 of 1795-FEB-19 as a day of national Thanksgiving"

"Glenn Beck Wrongly Asserts that Mussolini and Hitler and Castro were Elected Democratically"

How is that for being wrong on history?

How about the lie that he held Washington's inaugaral address in his hands?

Beck wrong on Obama "reswearing" in "and he checked." http://www.showbizexpress.net/pages/2049969.php?

Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast