Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 69

Thread: Beck's Rally

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406

    Beck's Rally

    http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/...atter-of-honor

    Hmmm....I read something else this morning that said Martin Luther King III feels the same way.

    Now why would Sharpton, Jackson etc....have a problem with it?

    Gee, I really wonder.

    Who is the defender of freedom and who is the pandering, loudmouth, partisan hack politician?

    Now, don't get me wrong. I think Beck is a wierdo but what he is doing is honorable and the relatives of MLK Jr. agree.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    It really will depend on the content of the rally. Mind you it may be as game changing as one of Obama's speeches.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,723
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/...atter-of-honor

    Hmmm....I read something else this morning that said Martin Luther King III feels the same way.

    Now why would Sharpton, Jackson etc....have a problem with it?

    Gee, I really wonder.

    Who is the defender of freedom and who is the pandering, loudmouth, partisan hack politician?

    Now, don't get me wrong. I think Beck is a wierdo but what he is doing is honorable and the relatives of MLK Jr. agree.
    Sharpton and Jackson have a vested interest in sustaining racism in this world. No matter WHAT they say, without racism, they wouldn't have a place in the spotlight anymore.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Those hypocritical race baiters weren't asked to speak at the rally is probably the deal. It's not important unless they're the leaders you see.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    For such an "unimportant" and worthless rally, ( as seen by the likes of msnbc....LOL) they seem to be spending an inordinate ammount of valuable airtime talking about it...???
    !! Why would that be?
    They are so green with envy, and know how pathetic their side is, they are making themselves look even more pathetic than usual tonight trying to spin it someway that they can come out not looking as bad as they know they do.....really pathetic, seriously sad. Mr. ED. Wil...bur.........we've been served.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    I don't understand what specifically the major new networks disagree with Beck on. What exactly does Beck say and promote that the liberals and the networks disagree with?

    I have listened to Beck a few times when he discusses history and have yet to hear him say something incorrectly about history. And, he is right, history is very important. Something we now seem to ignore in our schools.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,779
    Since Glenn Beck was a morning shock jock for many years he has been able to hone his schtick to a fine art to entrap the gulible. His view of history is jaded to say the least, this weekend he stated that the Washington monument has a scar where work stopped due to the civil war, work was stopped prior to the civil war and resumed quite some time after the war had ended. The reason construction was stopped was a lack of funds due to mismanagement. Read what the park service has to say. http://www.nps.gov/wamo/faqs.htm

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Since Glenn Beck was a morning shock jock for many years he has been able to hone his schtick to a fine art to entrap the gulible. His view of history is jaded to say the least, this weekend he stated that the Washington monument has a scar where work stopped due to the civil war, work was stopped prior to the civil war and resumed quite some time after the war had ended. The reason construction was stopped was a lack of funds due to mismanagement. Read what the park service has to say. http://www.nps.gov/wamo/faqs.htm
    I did not hear Glenn's statement nor did I hear the context in which he made the statement. Even if I assume you are correct how would that particular statement affect his political outlook on any given issue?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Since Glenn Beck was a morning shock jock for many years he has been able to hone his schtick to a fine art to entrap the gulible. His view of history is jaded to say the least, this weekend he stated that the Washington monument has a scar where work stopped due to the civil war, work was stopped prior to the civil war and resumed quite some time after the war had ended. The reason construction was stopped was a lack of funds due to mismanagement. Read what the park service has to say. http://www.nps.gov/wamo/faqs.htm
    I hope you have a better grasp on HVAC then on history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...t#Construction

    Now re-read your message. Change the name to John Doe. You are trying to discredit whatever he says by your misunderstanding of a trivial fact. Wasn't that a movie, "Meet John Doe"?

    A better question would be: what caused 500,000 people to go to Washington with virtual no media leading up to it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post

    A better question would be: what caused 500,000 people to go to Washington with virtual no media leading up to it?
    500,000 ? Anyway the answere is "a rodeo clown." "Virtually no media" LOL How did you find out?
    How about the little lie he told you guys when Beck said he held Washington's inaugeral speech in his hands when in fact he did not.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    500,000 ? Anyway the answere is "a rodeo clown." "Virtually no media" LOL How did you find out?
    Argumentum Ad Hominem
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Argumentum Ad Hominem
    The argumentum ad hominem is not always fallacious, for in some instances questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The argumentum ad hominem is not always fallacious, for in some instances questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
    You called Beck a clown and failed to provide any evidence. That is a character attack without relevant information.

    In the past I have asked for specific information as to what is the left's problem with what Glenn says? In what way is his position wrong?

    When I watch CNN, ABC and NBC I clearly hear them mock Glenn but I never hear any specifics as to what is wrong with what he promotes. Never any real arguments just mocking.

    Regarding media coverage. Sure the major media gives him coverage, they mock him. If anything that sort of coverage should discourage people from attending his rally. But, in spite of such negative coverage people show up in droves. Kind of tells you how out of touch the major media is with the general population.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event