Media Bias

Thread: Media Bias

Media Bias

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...101668063.html

Ya know, pagey and geer are right. There is no left wing bias in the media.

Could be that they weighed the candidates from either party and found that the Democrats would take the country in a new direction rather than the same old one it was heading down.

How is that for left wing spin?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Could be that they weighed the candidates from either party and found that the Democrats would take the country in a new direction rather than the same old one it was heading down.

It would be the predictable spin, I guess. Probably pretty effective too as most people would not take a second to actually think about it and realize that if it were true Obama would have won with nearly 88% of the vote.

I don't care if they were running against chainsaw murderers. Do you think their politics affect their reporting of the "news"?

I am told all the time that the media is not biased. How can a "journalist" give money to a political candidate and then report fairly and honestly about them?

Come on printer....you know better

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...101668063.html

Ya know, pagey and geer are right. There is no left wing bias in the media.
    Yeah and I'm sure the 12% which went to "Republican" candidates were all RINOs and were just as bad as the commie loving Democrats. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Naw that was weak printer but of course you don't have much to work with since truth, justice and the American way are on the side of conservatives not liberals. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Come on printer....you know better
    Of course I do, but a guy can have fun once in a while can he not?

[url]http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Democrats-got-88-percent-of-TV-network-employee-campaign-contributions-101668063.html

Ya know, pagey and geer are right. There is no left wing bias in the media
    What their beliefs are and where their money goes is no indication at all of professional or media bias. Their on air views would be the only indication of professional or media bias. It really shows how unbiased they really are.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

What their beliefs are and where their money goes is no indication at all of professional or media bias. Their on air views would be the only indication of professional or media bias. It really shows how unbiased they really are.
    So you agree then that the media is mostly a bunch of liberals only you think that they don't display any on air bias...

please.....

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    So you agree then that the media is mostly a bunch of liberals only you think that they don't display any on air bias...

please.....
    No, I don't agree with your statement either. On a personal level the studies that I have seen suggest the majority are moderate, tending to be somewhat liberal on social issues and lean conservative on monetary issues.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what this means. What their beliefs are is no indication of bias?

My kids are the cutest ones on the block. Opinion or bias?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    What their beliefs are and where their money goes is no indication at all of professional or media bias.
    Apparently you've never heard the old adage, "Follow the money trail", have you? Do you really believe a journalist would throw money at a political candidate or support already elected candidates with money and then report on them with complete objectivity?
    Their on air views would be the only indication of professional or media bias. It really shows how unbiased they really are.
    Reporting on candidates is much more involved than "on air views".
    Many of these supposed objective journalists go out of their way to throw cupcakes at their guys and gals and they also infer opinions and suggest views that may not be reality. You should wise up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan36 View Post
    Apparently you've never heard the old adage, "Follow the money trail", have you? Do you really believe a journalist would throw money at a political candidate or support already elected candidates with money and then report on them with complete objectivity?

Reporting on candidates is much more involved than "on air views".
    Many of these supposed objective journalists go out of their way to throw cupcakes at their guys and gals and they also infer opinions and suggest views that may not be reality. You should wise up.
    As in any business the power lies with the owners and not the workers. Follow that "money trail" and where does it lead you? I'm not surprised you find it hard to believe people can be objective and professional.

Albert Einstein