50 pound R-22 disposables

I've seen one. I thought the disposables pretty much only come in 30 pounders. How common are they?

Seen one about ten years ago, non refillables have been banned for a few years here.

Jon

I believe that only r22 comes in 50 pounders, fairly common, supply usually has at least a pallet of them.

I carry 2 50s on my truck at all times, PLUS a 30 for little rooftops and such because I'm getting old and lazy and don't want to hump a 50 pounder up a ladder and across a roof if I don't have to.

Most supply houses carry 50 pounders around here but they are just not user friendly when climbing ladders. I am young and still dont like toting them around. I will stick with my 30 pounders.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I carry 2 50s on my truck at all times, PLUS a 30 for little rooftops and such because I'm getting old and lazy and don't want to hump a 50 pounder up a ladder and across a roof if I don't have to.
    Doesn't it also make it harder to dose precisely by reducing scale's resolution by having a greater total weight?

It's easier to measure a 0.1oz change on 5 lbs than it is to measure 1/4 oz change on a 100 lbs for example.

carry 2 50s on my truck at all times, PLUS a 30 for little rooftops and such because I'm getting old and lazy and don't want to hump a 50 pounder up a ladder and across a roof if I don't have to.
    Yea. Some days it seems 30 pounds are heavier then they use to be just a few years ago.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Yea. Some days it seems 30 pounds are heavier then they use to be just a few years ago.
    R-410a requires higher pressure vessel. Perhaps they're just making them all for $-410a specs so they don't have to make two different types of container? It might use more material, but possible that additional steel is cheaper than production forecasting for two different types and managing inventory on two SKUs (before they're painted and labeled)

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Doesn't it also make it harder to dose precisely by reducing scale's resolution by having a greater total weight?

It's easier to measure a 0.1oz change on 5 lbs than it is to measure 1/4 oz change on a 100 lbs for example.
    Nope. Not that I've ever noticed.

My CPS scale weighs in .25 oz increments. Not that I worry too much about that kind of accuracy out of a 50 pounder. When I have to pull the 50s out, they are going to be empty in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    This is why I also have 75 feet of 1/4" charging hose and 30 or 40 feet of 3/8 charging hose. Sometimes I just don't want to move them any farther than absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    R-410a requires higher pressure vessel. Perhaps they're just making them all for $-410a specs so they don't have to make two different types of container? It might use more material, but possible that additional steel is cheaper than production forecasting for two different types and managing inventory on two SKUs (before they're painted and labeled)
    Actually. I was refering to getting old. things seem heavier then they use to.

R410A is just one refrigerant. It would make little sense to make all jugs heavier when there are still a boat load of other refrigerants that don't need a heavier walled jug.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

anyone remember........

........the 15# cylinders with the little plastic "t" handle carrying fitting that also served as a cap for the 1/4 shraeder valve on top?? Still have one inna garage......Jack