Confused

I'm servicing a Manitowoc BYO 324A ice machine that gets an intermitent failure code "discharge line temp fell below 85 degrees three times consecutively". I find that it makes ice ok and seems to drop the sheets in a reasonable time with the evaporator temperature reaching about 50 degrees, however the high side temperature does drop close to the 85 to 90 degree mark as measured with a high side guage while in harvest.
    Does anyone know the resistance values for the discharge thermister? What else would seem reasonable to check for?

This is a B-Series machine and it's getting a bit long in the tooth at this point.....what, maybe ten years old?

You can find all the tech info and data you need at Manitowoc's website: http://www.manitowocice.com/Home/Home.asp

I see this #3 (?) safety limit shutdown a lot with older machines that are experiencing what I call chronic slow harvest syndrome. Usually they'll shut down on a #2 safety indicating excessive harvest times, but sometimes the discharge temp will fall just enough before the 3.5 minute timeout that would trip a #2.

Manitowoc dropped the #3 and #4 safety limit shutdowns with the J-Series and it's just as well.

The best solution is to clean the evap real good with acid (Manitowoc Brand) ice machine cleaner until that doesn't work anymore. Then sell them a new machine.........preferably a HOshizaki.

Originally posted by icemeister
    This is a B-Series machine and it's getting a bit long in the tooth at this point.....what, maybe ten years old?

You can find all the tech info and data you need at Manitowoc's website: http://www.manitowocice.com/Home/Home.asp

I see this #3 (?) safety limit shutdown a lot with older machines that are experiencing what I call chronic slow harvest syndrome. Usually they'll shut down on a #2 safety indicating excessive harvest times, but sometimes the discharge temp will fall just enough before the 3.5 minute timeout that would trip a #2.

Manitowoc dropped the #3 and #4 safety limit shutdowns with the J-Series and it's just as well.

The best solution is to clean the evap real good with acid (Manitowoc Brand) ice machine cleaner until that doesn't work anymore. Then sell them a new machine.........preferably a Hoshizaki.

Thanks for the info. Icemeister and yes it is about 10 years old.