Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i'm not saying they are all bad but i'm in no mood to let "the few, the proud, the BAD"
    build ANY kind of tribute to the things they did on 9/11 . if it makes me prejudice then so be it .

also stand for something or fall for ANYTHING.
    be careful how you approach these feelings if you dont know someone who was killed by these radicals , my uncle , my cousin ...

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well I guess it all depends on what you consider a militant Muslim. I believe they are Muslims who "support" and or who do not condemn the killing of innocent non Muslims around the world.

I guess you believe you have to be a suicide bomber to be a militant. The majority of Muslims around the world celebrated in the streets when 911 happened and they are militant in my opinion not just the hijackers or Al Qaeda. To me the majority are militant just like the majority want the Mosque near the WTC grounds.

They would have it on the very sight if they could. Thank heavens it isn't private property. Just when I thought you were seeing the light printer you digress. Thank you, thank you very much
    Islamic world
    "Reactions to the attacks in the Muslim world were mixed. Most Muslim political and religious leaders condemned the attacks. The leaders vehemently denouncing the attacks included the Presidents of Egypt, Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Libya, Syria, Iran and Pakistan.The sole exception was Iraq, when the then-president Saddam Hussein, said of the attacks that "the American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity". Saddam would later offer sympathy to the Americans killed in the attacks.

Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the killings of hundreds of civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel" and also called on Muslims to "concentrate on facing the occupying enemy directly", inside the Palestinian territories. The alleged Hezbollah "spiritual mentor" and Lebanese Shia cleric Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah condemned the attacks.
    Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of Hamas, said he was not interested in exporting such attacks to the United States, however he criticized the "unfair American position".
    Afghanistan's Taliban rulers condemned the attacks and also vehemently rejected suggestions that Osama bin Laden, who had been given asylum in Afghanistan, could be behind them.
    Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium."

Muslim Americans
    "In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:
    American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts."
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Exclamation follow-up

also home is where the HEART is . ill go over to their land and eat HOT DOGS, LET MY WIFE WEAR A MINI SKIRT and TALK ABOUT JESUS... call me what you want..

get in where you fit in or get out ....

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Islamic world
    "Reactions to the attacks in the Muslim world were mixed. Most Muslim political and religious leaders condemned the attacks. The leaders vehemently denouncing the attacks included the Presidents of Egypt, Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Libya, Syria, Iran and Pakistan.The sole exception was Iraq, when the then-president Saddam Hussein, said of the attacks that "the American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity". Saddam would later offer sympathy to the Americans killed in the attacks.

Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the killings of hundreds of civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel" and also called on Muslims to "concentrate on facing the occupying enemy directly", inside the Palestinian territories. The alleged Hezbollah "spiritual mentor" and Lebanese Shia cleric Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah condemned the attacks.
    Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of Hamas, said he was not interested in exporting such attacks to the United States, however he criticized the "unfair American position".
    Afghanistan's Taliban rulers condemned the attacks and also vehemently rejected suggestions that Osama bin Laden, who had been given asylum in Afghanistan, could be behind them.
    Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium."

Muslim Americans
    "In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:
    American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts."
    Wow I can't believe you fell for all that PR from Muslim politicians. They would of course say that while their countrymen are celebrating to try and cover the support up.

They think with their heads not their hearts when they talk and everyone except you apparently understand this. The Taliban supported and gave Al Qaeda sanctuary while saying they condemn it and of course you believe them. What a joke.

Do you really think any Muslim organization outside of their preaching inside their Mosque will come out in public support of 911. Of course they condemned it but in their dark hearts they supported it just like they want to shove it in our faces with the Mosque in NYC. You should read the Koran and you will see but maybe you already have and believe in it.

Give us all a break you aren't stupid. You know they are intolerant of all others except Muslims so why are you carrying their water. Is it because they hate Christianity, because most Americans dislike them or you love to be in the minority protesting like the hippies against the war and soldiers who had to fight it, or you just like to knock America. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I think it's safe to say that the average non-Muslim and the average Muslim share a mutual disdain for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the average non-Muslim and the average Muslim share a mutual disdain for each other.
    I think that, had a group of Muslims NOT blown up buildings worldwide, that would not be an accurate statement.

I harbored NO ill will to ANY religious group pre-9/11

Theres 100 mosques in new york...why should there be another...and why there?

BTW....my new word for these people are mosquetos....like the pesky blood sucking insect.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    I'm pretty apolitical, but that scenario is hard for me to comprehend. I mean, okay so they have a legal RIGHT to build it there, but why would they WANT to build it there if they merely want acceptance?

Unless maybe they're a lot more clever than we think. They figure they'll have a tough time building it ANWHERE in NY, so they'll be "gracious" and choose another location there, and nobody will put up a fuss.
    Another mosque thread, oh boy.

Who here has been to the area where this YMCA style community center with a prayer room in it is going to be built. I was in Manhattan a few years ago visiting a friend. This is two blocks from ground zero. Ever walk a New York city block?

The area in question is not very nice. It is run down and has a lot of abandoned buildings. The Burlington Coat Factory is one of those buildings. The Suphie (sp?) Muslims are already holding prayers in the building and have been for some time. There is a large Muslim population in the area. I stress again; it is a community center with a prayer room in it. It will not even look like a Mosque. It will not have a Minuret.

It took years to get building rights for the property. BTW, that is why there are no new towers built at ground zero. They are still fighting over building rights. They went through a lengthy process and got the approval to build by a 22 to 1 vote. I am sure plans have been drawn up. Fund raising has begun. I am sure many Americans who happen to be Muslims will donate.

One person of interest who has already donated is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Tala a Muslim who owns one quarter of News Corp an Australian corporation run by Rupert Murdoch. That's funny. Fox News who is owned by News Corp has ginned this whole controversy up to muddle any political discussion going into the mid-terms. "News" stories of suspected secret terrorist training going on in the bowels of the building and other nonsense is pounded into Fox News viewers heads until it becomes true in many Fox viewers delusional minds.

Here is what bothers me the most about this whole thing. Somewhere in a cave in Tora Bora there is a terrorist named Osama Bin Laden rubbing his hands and laughing maniacally as he watches the new terrorist recruits pile in to fight Islamic terrorist battles all over the world.

Our troops have spent many years gaining the trust of the Iraqis and the Afghanistan people. What Fox news did was destroy a lot of that good will for a petty wedge issue in the mid-term elections.

The Imahm dotted the I's and crossed the T's. He is free to build wether we Christians like it or not.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

As far as the cutesy nicknames for these people? Only one thing that can be compared to bloodsucking creatures....mosquitoes...those freakin insects have been ATROCIOUS this year!

Keep in mind Glenn Beck was on Good Morning America WITH the Imam from the proposed community center, talking about showing a unified future with Muslims and Christians getting along in years to come. Now Beck is AGAINST this mosque? Helping Faux News gin up controversy over this stuff. Stepping all over the anniversary of the I Have a Dream speech to further a conservative viewpoint?

Wow...some religious tolerance.

I feel for those lost, they were fellow countrymen, I love this country, anyone who says I don't can get f**ked. It sucks what happened, but I'm not going to hate on any religious group because of some radical douchenozzles who did this attack. It's stupid and a big fat waste of time, I have better things to do than hate. I'm in physics class for christ's sake!

So hey, for your uncle and cousin, sorry. Anyone who lost their lives that day, it sucks for anyone who knows them. I can't compare the feeling. Never said I wanted to.

But I feel how I feel. I can't change my attitudes of religion. I give every person of every religion a fair chance until they prove otherwise.
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

douchenozzles
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Just when I thought you were seeing the light printer you digress.
    And what light would that be?

Do you really think any Muslim organization outside of their preaching inside their Mosque will come out in public support of 911. Of course they condemned it but in their dark hearts they supported it just like they want to shove it in our faces with the Mosque in NYC.
    So they can offer you words of peace and love but you will never believe them as you know what is deep in their 'dark' hearts. I guess they should not even try then.

If there are a billion muslims and the majority do not accept radical islam why then are they not at war with radical islam? Muslims have to put up with backlash because they are complicit to radical islam or worse tacitly support it.
    If they are so against it, then they should take it up with their radical bretheren and take care of it from within. But they don't.
    Oh and don't you just love it when someone compares islam and all of the terrorist events of the past 20 years perpetratred by islamists to the west boro baptist church a$$ clowns. I wish there was a word that expressed dumb to the power of a 900.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    The Imahm dotted the I's and crossed the T's. He is free to build wether we Christians like it or not.
    a part of me wants to see them build it, for the simple fact that the other part of me wants to see it get leveled the day before opening

the 911 bombers are supposedly in heaven with 1000's of virgins at their disposal

seems like we never get a payback for terroristst attacks

or is our payback having all the oil we can possibly consume

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12