Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

all i ask for is 25 seconds

must we be reminded, you want to put a mosque where?

please watch this video till the 25 second mark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Qu6...eature=related

Being as I'm new to the field, and I've never wanted to mix work with politics, I'll leave my thoughts at the door.

Aside for this. There is an awful lot of smear tactics and disillusioned truth on the Right.

A friend of mine couldn't have said it better: "Judging the entire Muslim faith on the actions of Al-qaida is like judging the entire Christian faith on the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church."

That is all.
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DMACCGrad11 View Post
    Being as I'm new to the field, and I've never wanted to mix work with politics, I'll leave my thoughts at the door.

Aside for this. There is an awful lot of smear tactics and disillusioned truth on the Right.

A friend of mine couldn't have said it better: "Judging the entire Muslim faith on the actions of Al-qaida is like judging the entire Christian faith on the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church."

That is all.
    There is a BIG difference between hating homosexuals and killing thousands of people, friend.

What would happen if we decided to build a Catholic church in Baghdad?

Yep. You're right. It wouldn't be completed before they blew it up.

But still. The point is, you don't base the entire christian faith on those vile people, just as I don't base the entire muslim faith on the actions of 19 hijackers influenced by that organization. Not every Christian I've ever met has been anti-homosexual. Not every Muslim I've encountered has been all "Death to American pigs" either.

Not saying that 9/11 wasn't terrible. Far from it. But I'm saying that this slaps the first amendment in the face. But then again, in this political climate, who gives two strokes about the Bill of Rights anymore?
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

I'm pretty apolitical, but that scenario is hard for me to comprehend. I mean, okay so they have a legal RIGHT to build it there, but why would they WANT to build it there if they merely want acceptance?

Unless maybe they're a lot more clever than we think. They figure they'll have a tough time building it ANWHERE in NY, so they'll be "gracious" and choose another location there, and nobody will put up a fuss.

MeThinks the new man with a few posts is also a few posts away from understanding.

Tell me something: A bunch of muslims blow up YOUR home, mame for life your kids, rape then kill your wife... and want to build a mosque on the dirt that used to be your home... what would you do?

If your love for America is not that personal, you are not a true American.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Exclamation MY opinion

independence is not always "independent".

1 mosque, NO hope.

don't like my opinion good . i don't like your mosque!!! nuff said!!

Please make sure you post in the appropriate forum. Moved!

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    I'm pretty apolitical, but that scenario is hard for me to comprehend. I mean, okay so they have a legal RIGHT to build it there, but why would they WANT to build it there if they merely want acceptance?

Unless maybe they're a lot more clever than we think. They figure they'll have a tough time building it ANWHERE in NY, so they'll be "gracious" and choose another location there, and nobody will put up a fuss.
    Kind of how I feel. They would get a lot more milage by saying they understand people's feelings and will build eight blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Kind of how I feel. They would get a lot more milage by saying they understand people's feelings and will build eight blocks away.
    Yeah I would like to elaborate on that theme. If the majority of Muslims were "peaceful" and wanted to co-exist in peace with us that would be the last thing they would promote. But most are militant and want to shove it to us anyway they can.

They only want "victory" and to hell with everyone else, our feelings, etc. There is no excuse for their actions pushing the Mosque near the WTC grounds. Glad to see you see this clearly printer. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah I would like to elaborate on that theme. If the majority of Muslims were "peaceful" and wanted to co-exist in peace with us that would be the last thing they would promote. But most are militant and want to shove it to us anyway they can.

They only want "victory" and to hell with everyone else, our feelings, etc. There is no excuse for their actions pushing the Mosque near the WTC grounds. Glad to see you see this clearly printer. Thank you, thank you very much
    I think you mixed up that most are militant rather than most are peaceful. If most were militant we would have a lot more trouble than the odd irritant they cause us, being that there are over a billion of them out there.

*my* opinion

I'm seeing a lot of prejudice here. How many of you have met any Imams? Any Muslims? How can you tell if they are all bad?

I can't judge the whole lot by the actions of a few. It's not how I learned to behave. To me, a mosque is a mosque is a mosque. Just like when they build another megachurch. I'm not thinking they are planning to take over the world (although I'd be too late on that statement.)

Seriously. If I went around basing everyone on the actions of a few, I'd just as well be dead, because I couldn't live with everyone on this planet.

Personally I agree with the person she interviews in this video. This argument gives us a black eye and makes us look like fools to the world.

Right-wing fear-mongering finds its target again

Suhail Khan, chairman of the Conservative Inclusion Coalition, talks with Rachel Maddow about the people behind the trumped up Islamic Center fuss, who is trying to exploit it politically, and how it is hurting real Americans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908...24463#38824463
    Last edited by Music Seeker; 08-28-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added video link

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I think you mixed up that most are militant rather than most are peaceful. If most were militant we would have a lot more trouble than the odd irritant they cause us, being that there are over a billion of them out there.
    Well I guess it all depends on what you consider a militant Muslim. I believe they are Muslims who "support" and or who do not condemn the killing of innocent non Muslims around the world.

I guess you believe you have to be a suicide bomber to be a militant. The majority of Muslims around the world celebrated in the streets when 911 happened and they are militant in my opinion not just the hijackers or Al Qaeda. To me the majority are militant just like the majority want the Mosque near the WTC grounds.

They would have it on the very sight if they could. Thank heavens it isn't private property. Just when I thought you were seeing the light printer you digress. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast