Breezeaire installation instructions recommend to enclose the liquid and suction line together in a flexible insulation jacket to allow heat exchange and to prevent condensation from formingon the tube.

This installation has 70 ft of linear length.

What will be the effect on subcooling to cap tube and superheat to compressor?

Let me get this straight.

You have a 70' cap tube???

If not there will be no issue with superheat and subcooling as long as your 70' is authorized by the Manuf without additional equipment or spec changes.

It will simply do what they are asking.

The total length of copper from evap to cond is 70 ft.

I never did understand how Breezaire managed their remote condenser systems with cap tube.

What other controls are on their system? Pump down, receiver? What guidelines did they give you to charge it?

Danfoss AE

The copper line set is about 70' linear length of 1/4" liquid line and 3/8" suction line. I believe the compressor is a 1/4HP. I do not know yhe size of cap tube.

My question is what effect will there be on system operation with this amount of heat exchange between liquid and suction.

Good,

I didn't think the cap tube was 70'.

With you being in Texas you may have issues with the return but with a cap tube you should only be concerned with superheat and only when the box is almost down to operating temperatures. So I would think your answer would be yes... it will make a difference.

Since your line set is that long and this will effect warranty (if the unit is new) I think I would call their support team and let them make the call on just how much lineset you insulate together. They may have you insulate only a portion of the lineset together and only the suction the rest of the way.

A fractional 1/4hp compressor depending on your box temp may strain with 70'in the Teaxs heat. Don't be suprised if they ask you to install a TXV.

Please let me know by posting back what they say.

Originally posted by ratherbfishing

My question is what effect will there be on system operation with this amount of heat exchange between liquid and suction. [/B]
    ratherbfishing,

Not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll take a stab. From a system efficiency perspective, this sort of heat exchange does nothing, although many will tell you it does. Energy in equals energy out; what ever btus left the liquid, were simply transferred to the suction. No net gain is made. Perhaps, an argument could be made that better/proper cap tube performance is ensured with subcooled liquid as well as making sure that the compressor doesn't see liquid flood back.

If the unit is or will be in warranty, I'd do it exactly the way their tech support suggests. In theory, they know their equipment and have tested it to ensure proper performance.