Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Draft ? with NG fp , are they drafty when not running ?

Ok if we do the fp and bump into room with mantle cabinet and exit pipe straight out the bak of the unit then tap into chimney will there be a draft coming down the flue pipe coming inot the room ?

Not if the correct vent is used and sealed in the approved method.

Question what is it?

Make and model #? Makes a huge difference.

The one we are looking at is a Valor 534 ILN

Also this uses I think a 6" od flue, is there any other units that use a smaller flue ?

I like the way this one doesnt have a pilot that has to stay on rather it has elect ignition. I also like its only 15" deep so if we bump into the room I dont need a huge cabinet.

I wish the vent frees were safer it would solve alot of my issues

Are you sure it s 6", as that seems a little big for a appliance with a input less than 30,000 btu

i thought they said 6" it is a pipe within a pipe for the dv right ? What size would you think it would be ?

Direct Vent.....my bad....might even be 7" then. If it is dv why not run the vent pipe across the garage ceiling and out the side wall of the garage?? If your flue is to small.

well te exsisting chimney is right there not being used. I would like a smaller dia pipe though so when I box it in where it coms out of the wall the box didnt have to be 10" square and it wouldnt stick out so far

also when it goes up the flue its 2 pipes right ? Or does it just go to 2 pipes a the end ?

Exclamation You're really starting to scare me

double post

Exclamation You're really starting to scare me

All of your questions are answered in the listed instructions including mantel clearances, venting configurations, approved venting materials, etc.

I strongly suggest you hire an NFI Certified Technician to guide you in this installation since your questions indicate you still do not understand the manual. You cannot vary from the manual. You cannot rig the venting as you see fit. The mfr. has given you a myriad of excellent venting choices including co-lineal venting into an unused chimney flue. Please get professional assistance with your planning. For one, you will need a Level II inspection of that chimney before you can use it to vent this appliance. BTW, if you do use a co-lineal vent system, it must be full lengthfor both the intake and exhaust per the mfr. Read the manual.

AAWWW dont be scared.... I am not planning to do the install the place im buying it is. They gave me 2 options, either bump into the room and run the pipe out the back then 90 into the flue lined chimney or bump into the wall but I can only go into the wall 4-1/2" because it cant protrude past the wall in the gargae or the door will hit it.

Given these 2 we feel we should bump into the room and have a mantel cabinet and go straight thru the walll with the flue and 90 into the chimney.

I see all the info in he manula I was just asking if ALL fp mfgs use this large ( 6-5/8" ) flue going dv. I know the bvent types have smaller pipe.

I am just asking out of curiousity. I know the pipe coming out of the unit is a pipe within a pipe but is it 2 seperate pipes going up the chimney ?

What is a level 2 inspection of the chimney ? The installer looked at it and said " yup no problem" ???

The only thing I have to do is any framing or wood work. They do the install and hook up the gas etc...

Going DIY? Possibly, to the O/P follow the advice given for your safety. I am not so sure you realize, nor does your installer realize the importance of following the venting instructions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast