McQuay chiller Help

I have a ALSO70 that keeps tripping out on failed pre purge. I did find drier with a 35 psi differental and replaced them. I still have the same problem of alarming on failed prepurg, any advice thanks

Failed prepurg means that the evap pressure did not drop below 40 psi within 45 sec. Check EXV operation and make sure it's closing. you should have 40 ohms at each wire to com. Then make sure driver board is ok. If all that is working then check the compressor itself. You may have gate failure.

Thanks I will check that tomorrow. It does seem like it will not go below 40 psi on start up, after the third attempt, it will finally start to raise the suction press, but will fail on liquid run. Not to sure on the gates, I did try and close the suction valve after compressor before evap, so that would eliminate the exv not closing, customer did say failing prepurge has been a problem for a while. (still failed pre purge) and compressor has been noisy. Thanks for your reply.

No liquid run failures are a result of the high pressure drops(lack of liquid), sounds like this machine has had problems in the past. I would advise you to spend some time with it and check all pressure drops across cond, subcooler, etc. Going over this machine with a fine tooth comb could really be in yours and your customers best interest. Good luck!
    Ty

Thanks I should have walked away, but my stupid a#$ gets involved. not much info availible except a customer iom manual that is not much help unless i need to know what wire size is needed LOL , just might turn this one over to McQuay services

I replied in your other post in commercial. Didn't see this one. Check out what I said there. I think you have a gate rotor problem, especially when you said it was noisy.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!