TAC Vista <-> Centraline (Honeywell)

TAC Vista <-> Centraline (Honeywell)

Hi all,
    We have several Centraline controllers CLLIONLC01. Main module interconect with own I/O submodules via LON. We must connect it to TAC Vista via LON too. Net structure in tac vista = Loytec nic-usb -> NIP (LonNetwork) -> Channel_1 -> CLLIONLC01. Question is, how we can connect it to vista without "Download and Commission" operation? Is it possible? If we made commission in vista, centraline controller drops off connection to own I/O modules.
    Excuse my English

Is the TAC Vista network a LON network? Sounds like it is a LON network by the default name. If it is and you want the databases merged in Lonmaker/NL220 there is a few more steps, but I would simply add another channel for your Centraline stuff. The controllers will need a download to recognize the new channel, but if you add anything to that channel only in the future you won't need to load to the others.
    Here's an old tech note I copied.
    "If you use the “update TAC Network” command (or button) the controller is added to a new group. You can move the controller to the group you want it to be in, download to the controllers in that group and it will work, but now all your other controllers will have * next to them telling you that they need to be downloaded.

This happens because when you do the “Update TAC network” a new group is created and when a new group is created all devises have to be downloaded.

To avoid this drag and drop the new controller directly into the group you want it to be in. Now only the controllers in that group have the * and needs to be downloaded. "

If they don't need to be merged and you can have two separate databases, simply add another LON network interface for your Centraline Controllers under the TAC Vista Workstation network Tree, granted you will need another interface, LIP, NIC, iLON/other but you'll add that new interface and won't need to load to the others.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

crabmaster, I'm all for your second approach. It sounds like the Centraline controllers may not be straight up LNS. They may have the same take of their LCBS line of stuff. If a LNS database is available, certainly they should be able to come into Vista without to many worries; however even with this approach I'd utilize a 913 to keep the channel segregated. Then I'd browse in the LNS database via Xbuilder.

My primary concern for keeping them segregated is that there my be some funky little message layer communication that may be happening, and commissioning them in NL/LM is busting those relationships up.

If the intent is just to provide graphical monitoring and control of the devices, and there is no LNS database. Then by utilizing a compatible NIC to Vista, I'd bring them in this route. The important thing to know is going to be domain, subnet/node, xifs, and neuron IDs. *Do not use server assigned addressing, if you are going to take this route.*

Don't you love fun integration projects, enjoy it!

Why a 913? That's an awful expensive LON interface, unless you utilize the other capabilities as well (Modbus, Bacnet, INET...).
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

True, you could use a 511,527,7xx. My main point was utilizing TAC LNS explorer within xBuilder.

Lonmaker

Cant you just export the .xif file from nodeutility, comission the devices in lonemaker (remember domainlenght 1 and 11 for TAC) and add the IO in Vista in a lonworks network, inport the xif and read the adresses?

lihov,

You have a device which would be better known to out US cousins as XL800.

I warn you, you may be needing a copy of the original CARE project from whoever installed it/maintained it.

Check the I.O cards, do they have CLIOL8** printed on them, or CLIOP8**?
    If they are the latter then you will not be talking via LON to either the I.O or the LION as this is known as Panel Bus (a bit like the classic network in TAC I think)

Now if you have CLIOL8** cards, then the rotary adress switches should be in the '0' position. That would indicate that the project was created as an 'Open Lon' type and you should be able to discover both the LION and the I.O cards.

Now I am sure if you are at this point you are going to need an XIF file for the LION and the I.O cards. You will also need to be careful that you perform an upload from the I.O cards as they have stored configuration in regards to input types and output types. For this I think you will need the CARE project to get those XIF's ( But I defer to the TAC guys here and those with better knowledge of Lonmaker)

Supposing you get the thing online and talking to your Vista, then if this LION has been created to act stand alone or as part of a C-Bus network then I wouldnt be holding my breath to expect a vast quantity of useful data out of it from the LON side. I think you could get some data from the I.O cards but they may have some fairly cryptic names. Still if you then have the CARE project you should be able to create the required nvi/nvo's.

Good luck
    Keith