The problem with public housing
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

The problem with public housing

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.

The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers.

Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary.

In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house.
    They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.

The picture below illustrates the point…
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute and was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.
    It is considered a national treasure and icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, with all due respect, get your feet off our desk!

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners.

The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers.

Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary.

In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house.
    They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.

The picture below illustrates the point…
    Why stop at public housing, how is it any different than if they rent off of private individuals or corporations that own the property? Of course if you do not have anything invested in something, whether it be property, a relationship, knowledge, it will not hold as much importance to you.

Now you are saying that you have more respect for a desk that is not being harmed by some probably very expensive shoes than the leader of your nation? I thought so. Hate to think anyone ever put a cup of coffee on it. Maybe you could bundle it up in plastic and store it away from all harm.

Printer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you need to take trolling lessons from geerhead, your really not very good.

Printer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you need to take trolling lessons from geerhead, your really not very good.
    I guess that is a vote of confidence my needing tolling lessons.

But since you brought up public housing and that people that have no stake in their homes I thought that rental property should also be discussed as the people living there also do not have much stake in it.

We have an area or two in our city that has high crime rate. People move in and out of houses all the time and rather than dealing with problems they will move a few streets away. Also because they can just up and leave they do not care about the physical condition of they place.

Lack of home ownership promotes a lack of caring for the neighborhood as you do not have roots to the neighborhood. We have a large Native (Indian) population in these areas and they are not used to the idea of home ownership as their housing on their reserves are communal property generally built with government funds, pretty much public housing.

There has been some discussion at the community level here relating home ownership to the crime rate. Some want to promote home ownership among the Native population as a way to socially engineer out our crime problem. It is more of a long term goal but it seems to be the best option to turn the neighborhoods around.

Still not good enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you look at the picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you read the op????????

Obama is living in public housing,,,,,,,,,and he obviously has little or no regard for history , nor an appreciation for those who came before him because after all..............................they were all just infidels in his eyes.

Still not good enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you look at the picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you read the op????????

Obama is living in public housing,,,,,,,,,and he obviously has little or no regard for history , nor an appreciation for those who came before him because after all..............................they were all just infidels in his eyes.
    So that is Obama, never paid much attention to him before.

I beg to differ, he does have a good understanding of your history and traditions. He is a community activist after all. He has taught in higher schools of learning on exactly those topics. He just comes at it from another direction. Take a look at your history and how you got to where you are now.

You had white men running the place and women and people of color being of a secondary nature. Through time and struggle both groups have been put more on an even footing as white males. I am sure he has better understanding of this history than you and I.

You make the mistake of thinking him a foreigner that does not know your country when in fact he is the product of your history. But rather than believing that there is a natural order to things with society not moving beyond what your founding fathers envisioned all those years ago he has a vision of a different country.

The man is not ignorant or stupid. He just has a different vision than yours.

Now that that has been said, can we get back to the thread title's topic of the problem with public housing?

So obama is everyman huh?
    Thats funny, i couldnt aford to go to harvard, what makes you think his is a rags to riches story.

He has no business being where he is.\

Going to college never made anyone intelligent , but then again knowing you consider yourself one of the upper echelon lefties who kow whats best for everyone else, it doesnt surprise me you feel this way.

I know my history , printer.

I also know his history and its really sad you even make me bother to begin to type explanations for bull crap arguments.............there is no way you are this stupid.

then again, i replied didnt i

So obama is everyman huh?
    Thats funny, i couldnt aford to go to harvard, what makes you think his is a rags to riches story.
    If your parents made less than $60,000 you could have gone to Harvard for free. That is if you were accepted. That figue may be as high as 75k now. Now that is a liberal university. Or go to Stanford if your parents made less than 100k.

Or you could go for a degree in broadcasting at Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska like Sarah Palin. I don't think they have an endowment there though.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    If your parents made less than $60,000 you could have gone to Harvard for free. That is if you were accepted. That figue may be as high as 75k now. Now that is a liberal university. Or go to Stanford if your parents made less than 100k.

Or you could go for a degree in broadcasting at Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska like Sarah Palin. I don't think they have an endowment there though.
    He said Sarah Palin and endowed in the same sentence, hu hu ha

then again, i replied didnt i
    But you have always been the polite sort.

I never said OB was the everyman. And I never said he went to college, rather that he taught in a higher education facility. Also said he probably understands your history better than you give him credit for. And as not having business where he is, strange that you feel that way considering your election process makes it almost impossible for the average man to get to that position. Guess that makes him above average.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    But you have always been the polite sort.

I never said OB was the everyman. And I never said he went to college, rather that he taught in a higher education facility. Also said he probably understands your history better than you give him credit for. And as not having business where he is, strange that you feel that way considering your election process makes it almost impossible for the average man to get to that position. Guess that makes him above average.
    Our colleges are absolutly full of educated fools, including those who teach.
    They are also mostly liberals.

Obama was elected because not just Americans but the entire world is becoming more retarded every day.
    Electing someone just to prove you arent racist or on the flimsey hype campaign he ran was very disheartening to me , more show biz than reality.\

He did do one thing he promised,,,,,,,,,,,,,,change,,,,,,now all we have to do is get rid of him and unchange things.

Just to keep this fair - other residents of the oval office have disgraced the desk in the same manner, and what the president of the US does with the desk has little to do with public housing and the problems of poverty in this nation. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/desk.as

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast